Not open for further replies.

The Woodsman

Jul 11, 2012
✟15,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You should do well to revise that argument because every human diploid cell contains 46 chromosomes. By your logic biting my fingernails would be committing genocide.

The law against murder obviously refers to humans, not fingernails.

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
6 hours south of the Golden Dome of the University
✟512,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The purpose of the Constitution is to protect Gods blessings of Liberty for us, and one of those blessings is the right to live. So yes, embryos have the Constitutional right to live.

Where in the U.S. Constitution does this purpose appear or is expressed in words?

Upvote 0

The Woodsman

Jul 11, 2012
✟15,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where in the U.S. Constitution does this purpose appear or is expressed in words?

The preamble states that the Constitution's purpose is to "secure the Blessings of Liberty". These blessings are "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" as referred to in the D of I.

Reactions: Wgw
Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟512,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The preamble states that the Constitution's purpose is to "secure the Blessings of Liberty". These blessings are "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" as referred to in the D of I.

First of all, the U.S. Constitution, including the preamble, never incorporated the phrase "Life, liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness" from the Declaration of Independence. This majestic phrase is conspicuously absent from any sentence, paragraph, and page in the U.S. Constitution. So, citing to the DOI, an independently document prior to the existence of the U.S. Constitution by approximately 21 years, is unconvincing.

Next, the phrase "secure the Blessings of Liberty" in the preamble of the U.S. Constitution means very little as it relates to our issue presently being discussed, as the preamble is nothing more than a mission statement, a stated purpose for the U.S. Constitution, and nothing more. The means for securing liberty in the preamble is expressed in the subsequent provisions of the U.S. Constitution, such as the powers of the three branches of government, the Bill of Rights, and other provisions. The preamble itself does not protect this concept of liberty.

Whether the phrase refers to any language in the DOI is ambiguous and the plain text of the preamble certainly does not indicate, tell us, or suggest the preamble is referencing any language from the DOI. More importantly, nothing in the preamble or the DOI indicate the concepts of liberty and life extended to embryos, so you are no closer to substantiating your point.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I noticed some on this forum are calling Justice Antonin Scalia a "monster". I think he is an American hero, and the dude is going to Heaven. "How can you be so sure?" you might ask. Because he believes in God's Son, and he respects His Holy Bible. Is Scalia perfect? No. Is he forgiven? Yes.

On this issue of homosexual marriage, Scalia isn't leading the nation down the path of sin. Scalia isn't a false teacher like many of his peers. He is an inspiration to Christian Americans and shows how we can serve our country.

Scalia is no hero, but he is a genius when it comes to interpreting law and the constitution. When he errors, he errors on the conservative side and I believe he does let his religious beliefs get in the way at times, which I disagree with. He is flawed, just like the rest of the justices.

I would really like to see some "moderate" judges appointed to the court, but as long as democrats and republicans are doing the nominating, that probably isn't likely to happen.

I do agree with Scalia in the fact that he believes; that judges shouldn't interpret the constitution as a "living document" that justices should interpret and adjust to accommodate modern times. There is a democratic process to adjust to modern times and that is to pass amendments to the constitution, not to twist what is already in existence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Woodsman

Jul 11, 2012
✟15,561.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Next, the phrase "secure the Blessings of Liberty" in the preamble of the U.S. Constitution means very little as it relates to our issue presently being discussed, as the preamble is nothing more than a mission statement, a stated purpose for the U.S. Constitution, and nothing more. The means for securing liberty in the preamble is expressed in the subsequent provisions of the U.S. Constitution, such as the powers of the three branches of government, the Bill of Rights, and other provisions. The preamble itself does not protect this concept of liberty.

It means the purpose of the US government is to defend our Liberty. Our right to live is a part of this Liberty.

Upvote 0

NotreDame

Domer
Site Supporter
Jan 24, 2008
✟512,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It means the purpose of the US government is to defend our Liberty. Our right to live is a part of this Liberty.

No, this is the purpose of the U.S. Constitution. Furthermore, you have yet to demonstrate any provision stating embryos were protected by any provision in the U.S. Constitution.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,092,202.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I noticed some on this forum are calling Justice Antonin Scalia a "monster". I think he is an American hero, and the dude is going to Heaven. "How can you be so sure?" you might ask. Because he believes in God's Son, and he respects His Holy Bible. Is Scalia perfect? No. Is he forgiven? Yes.

On this issue of homosexual marriage, Scalia isn't leading the nation down the path of sin. Scalia isn't a false teacher like many of his peers. He is an inspiration to Christian Americans and shows how we can serve our country.
You've set the bar pretty low, and if you set the bar low enough it's within the realm of possibility.

Upvote 0

Wgw

Pray For Brussels!
May 24, 2015
✟15,107.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative

St. Antonin the Just, pray for us! ;)

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟494,075.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Not likely since we are discussing heaven and, well, Paul makes some very negative remarks regarding sex conduct betweeb two or more people of the same sex.
Isn't the rainbow a sign of the covenant between god and man after the big flood?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.