San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am just wondering .How many of you single men can identify with the following three cartoon pictures? Are they symbolic of your romantic lives,as they are of my romantic life? Yes, there are times, that I can identify with Charlie Brown's frustration with Lucy. lucy_pulls_football 1.jpg lucy-football 2.jpg lucy 3.jpg

Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Last edited:
Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am just wondering .How many of you single men can identify with the following three cartoon pictures? Are they symbolic of your romantic lives,as they are of my romantic life? Yes, there are times, that I can identify with Charlie Brown's frustration with Lucy. View attachment 245652 View attachment 245653 View attachment 245654

Maybe a little. It's more like I assume that will be the result, so I don't even attempt to kick the ball.
Why would I try to make a goal, when it is obvious it will never happen? Better to just move on, and spend my time doing something else.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, my reply to that would be that having a woman in my life is so rewarding that I'd spend 50 years looking of it took that long.
Is it really?

I see half the people I meet in relationships that are so bad.... I can't see why anyone would want it.

I've met so many couples, where the two people do NOTHING together at all. Where they literally schedule their respective jobs, to avoid being home at the same time, as much as possible. Having a roommate is way less troublesome, and they pay rent. (just saying).

I had guy sit there, and complain about his insulting, complaining wife, for 15 minutes non-stop. At the end of break, when we're all about to head back to work, I said this is why I'm single... and he stopped.... paused for a moment.... and then said "well... I wouldn't trade anything for being married".

Really? What am I missing? What is the big 'plus' that makes it all worth while?

I must just be missing it. The number of couples I've met that had a relationship that I even thought was worth having, I can count on one hand.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Is it really?

I see half the people I meet in relationships that are so bad.... I can't see why anyone would want it.

I've met so many couples, where the two people do NOTHING together at all. Where they literally schedule their respective jobs, to avoid being home at the same time, as much as possible. Having a roommate is way less troublesome, and they pay rent. (just saying).

I had guy sit there, and complain about his insulting, complaining wife, for 15 minutes non-stop. At the end of break, when we're all about to head back to work, I said this is why I'm single... and he stopped.... paused for a moment.... and then said "well... I wouldn't trade anything for being married".

Really? What am I missing? What is the big 'plus' that makes it all worth while?

I must just be missing it. The number of couples I've met that had a relationship that I even thought was worth having, I can count on one hand.

I guess its somewhat hard to explain .. but I find women every interesting to observe. I seem to have been able to pick women to be around that are amazing women. As in very kind and considerate, they fall in love with me and want to add to my life. Intimacy is just amazing. ... I have one woman who is very wounded and we have had to deal with that would a lot as at times she will try to wound me. So many talks about that. Thankfully God has given me insight into the patterns in her life and I can help her see them as well. Since she wants to love people, she is thankful that I'm helping her love.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Lucy pulling the football away at the last moment is classic Peanuts, but I can't say that it has been a metaphor for my love life. In a more general sense, I've had the football pulled away from me a few times, but not romantically. At least not yet, anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am just wondering .How many of you single men can identify with the following three cartoon pictures? Are they symbolic of your romantic lives,as they are of my romantic life? Yes, there are times, that I can identify with Charlie Brown's frustration with Lucy. View attachment 245652 View attachment 245653 View attachment 245654

BIG time...because VERY recently I had this happen to me.

I meet a woman on a historical hike with a group of people. She's a Christian single. We really hit it off, had a good time. We kind of hung out with each other in the group, made it a point to sit together after the event. She was flirting with me, banter, etc. The energy was indeed inviting from her.

I walked her to her car after everyone went their separate ways.

She gave me a hug, and I got her # and suggested we do something together.

I give her a call, left a vm. Didn't hear from her for a week....then I sent a follow-up text. "Hey, just checking up, you get my vm?"

She goes, "Yeah, been really busy with my kids and my boyfriend"

Wait , what...boyfriend?!?!

Auuuuuuuuuugggghhhhhhhhhh!!

Yes, she had a boyfriend when she gave me her #. Or had recently acquired one in the week that I had gotten her #, until the say she returned my call.

I kind of wanted to ask her, "Um, why'd you give me your # when you knew you had a boyfriend", but...I didn't want to come off as trying to stir the pot.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it really?

Yet, on the other side of the coin, there are married couples that love it.

I recall a married woman that was a designated driver for her single friends. She said she's heard dating horror stories from them, then commented with, "Wow, glad I'm married....I wouldn't want to go through what my single friends are going through".

Although, about a year later she divorced her husband of 20 years and quickly found someone new. lol

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe a little. It's more like I assume that will be the result, so I don't even attempt to kick the ball.
Why would I try to make a goal, when it is obvious it will never happen? Better to just move on, and spend my time doing something else.

Sounds quite of a self-defeatist attitude.

Like Wayne Gretskey said "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
BIG time...because VERY recently I had this happen to me.

I meet a woman on a historical hike with a group of people. She's a Christian single. We really hit it off, had a good time. We kind of hung out with each other in the group, made it a point to sit together after the event. She was flirting with me, banter, etc. The energy was indeed inviting from her.

I walked her to her car after everyone went their separate ways.

She gave me a hug, and I got her # and suggested we do something together.

I give her a call, left a vm. Didn't hear from her for a week....then I sent a follow-up text. "Hey, just checking up, you get my vm?"

She goes, "Yeah, been really busy with my kids and my boyfriend"

Wait , what...boyfriend?!?!

Auuuuuuuuuugggghhhhhhhhhh!!

Yes, she had a boyfriend when she gave me her #. Or had recently acquired one in the week that I had gotten her #, until the say she returned my call.

I kind of wanted to ask her, "Um, why'd you give me your # when you knew you had a boyfriend", but...I didn't want to come off as trying to stir the pot.
I have asked some women,"If you are not interested in a man,why would you give him your number,or a fake phone number?" The standard answer I get is,"Well,I do not want to hurt his feelings." I then tell them,"Well,first of all,you are not responsible for his feelings.If you tell him up front that you are not interested,sure he will be disappointed .But,he will get over it,if he is a mature adult. But,if you do not call him back within a week,or if he finds out that you gave him a fake number,then you would surely hurt his feelings."
Then,they tell me that they never thought of that. If a lady,whom I an not interested in,asks me for my number,I will tell her that she may not have my number. Sure, it may hurt her. But,I do not fake my feelings toward people.If she is a mature adult,she will get get over it.

Everybody gets rejected at some time or another. Actually,when someone rejects you,they are really re-directing you to someone else. :)

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have asked some women,"If you are not interested in a man,why would you give him your number,or a fake phone number?" The standard answer I get is,"Well,I do not want to hurt his feelings." I then tell them,"Well,first of all,you are not responsible for his feelings.If you tell him up front that you are not interested,sure he will be disappointed .But,he will get over it,if he is a mature adult. But,if you do not call him back within a week,or if he finds out that you gave him a fake number,then you would surely hurt his feelings."
Then,they tell me that they never thought of that. If a lady,whom I an not interested in,asks me for my number,I will tell her that she may not have my number. Sure, it may hurt her. But,I do not fake my feelings toward people.If she is a mature adult,she will get get over it.

Everybody gets rejected at some time or another. Actually,when someone rejects you,they are really re-directing you to someone else. :)

Well, its very easy to give out a #, with future plans to ignore him or have time to think up an excuse later.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
this is no joke and I still am baffled I heard this. I was told a few years ago I'd be ideal to marry but that she'd never date me.

I'm not datable but I am marriage material?

I guess that may kinda fit your illustration

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
this is no joke and I still am baffled I heard this. I was told a few years ago I'd be ideal to marry but that she'd never date me.

I'm not datable but I am marriage material?

I guess that may kinda fit your illustration

LOL. I hear there are 2 categories of men. The kind of men women date, and the kind of men they'd marry.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
LOL. I hear there are 2 categories of men. The kind of men women date, and the kind of men they'd marry.
I have heard this saying. "Women do not make sense. Women only make babies."

• Haha
Reactions: Mel2020
Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Also,women like to date "Superman". A strong and very confident man. But after they marry him, they want to change him into "Clark Kent". A man who always says....."Yes,dear!" :(

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There are women that we aren't going to click with. I've meet those. Now that I'm old enough to never have babies any more and its all about relationship and enjoying wither other's company, that's what I make sure the relationship is. I tell women up front I'm not interested in monogamy or marriage. I am interested in commitment, love, intimacy and doing things together. Clearly, by commitment I don't mean marriage and separation from other friends. An example of commitment is a past GF who is not just a friend. I've been there for her helping her with things for over 6 yrs since we brook up.

Upvote 0