• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just Wondering...

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟962,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On top of its illegality, anything that leaves ash in your lungs puts you at risk for lung cancer. If they find/found a medicinal use for THC, they would need to find a safer means of delivery.
doc.gif

Upvote 0

Standing_Ultraviolet

Dunkleosteus
Jul 29, 2010
North Carolina
✟4,331.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I know it is not legal, but I was just curious, how do you think marijuana affects aspergers?

Frankly, probably not very well. There are medicinal uses for marijuana, and there are states that allow its use for those, but most of those uses are for problems involving chronic pain. THC might be a great pain reliever, but I think that it actually exacerbates some disorders like schizophrenia, and there's no reason to believe that it would help with the symptoms of autism. It might briefly treat some of the emotional problems associated with it, but self-medicating with marijuana is not the best solution to those issues. If you suffer from depression or anger issues, then it's best to speak with a trained therapist.

Marijuana, although its use is fairly common, isn't treated like a joke by the police. We can debate whether that's right or not, but at the end of the day, a drug conviction is serious and will likely land you in prison, will make it permanently more difficult to get a job once you get out, and will cause you a lot of other potential problems. It could also spiral into a habit that you have a great deal of difficulty controlling (even if you aren't one of the people who can become physically addicted to THC, you may still become psychologically addicted). Biblically, we are also admonished to obey the governing authorities, and told to avoid intoxication.

I can understand your pain, but using any form of illegal drug is not a solution.

Upvote 0