Just who do you claim created you, GOD or man?

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
PreacherJoe said:
Christians believe that God created the earth and all of its inhabitants.
As do all theists.

PreacherJoe said:
Evolutionists believe the earth created itself.
Evolution studies the mechanisms that gave rise to biological life on the earth. If God's tool to form life were those mechanisms, then who are you to say otherwise?

PreacherJoe said:
By the way The Big Bang Theory is tyhe silliest theory ever embraced by modern humanistic society.
Since the Big Bang is quite biblical, I would say that your assertions are false both theologically and scientifically.

Upvote 0

PreacherJoe

Dec 18, 2003
Illinois
Visit site
✟15,199.00
Faith
Christian
Nathan Poe said:
You're right; it doesn't stand up to the one about the two naked people, the magic garden, and the talking snake.... :rolleyes:

Nathan as Christians we accept the creation story completely on faith and not the merits of how plausible it may seem to the human mind. Are you admitting by your corellation that the Big Bang is also accepted based on faith rather than factual evidence ? Are there any atheists or agnostics on here that question any of these theories ?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
PreacherJoe said:
Nathan as Christians we accept the creation story completely on faith and not the merits of how plausible it may seem to the human mind.
By your own words, it would be hypocritical for you to refer to any other theory as "silly."

Are you admitting by your corellation that the Big Bang is also accepted based on faith rather than factual evidence ?
Not at all. There's plenty of factual evidence for the Big Bang... look it up sometime.

Are there any atheists or agnostics on here that question any of these theories ?
Constantly. Non-stop. 24/7. That's what science is all about, after all...

That these theories have thus far stood up to every question, skeptic, and attempt to tear them down is what makes them generally accepted.

Upvote 0

BlessEwe

Legend
Dec 22, 2003
California
Visit site
✟33,670.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am new here so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong place, I have read this whole thread and I would like to say.....God asks us to have child like faith, close our eyes and walk on water.........knowing He will catch us...if you look at the body and the miracle of birth ( how the body knows just what to do, even down to breast feeding ) how could that come from a big bang in the sky.......If you look at a flower and the simple beauty of it, how could that come from a big bang.There is a Master mind behind it all, God............As far as sin we are covered by the blood of the lamb, no matter how hard we try each day we blow it, ans sin......The painful nails were pounded into our Lords flesh so we can life in freedom and peace of knowing we don't need to worrry about works or being perfect, as the Holy Spirit directs us to want to be more like Christ, or we are doing it in our own flesh, not the spirit of Christ..........A child has a special way of looking at things, and are not so wrapped up in the complications of things........I watched my sister die, and felt the Holy Spirit and my sister walk right through me.I have never been the same since........I can see Christ in everything around me, as i can see evil in things as well .its a spiritual war going on that we can't see..............I find it hard to understand that we all came from one man and women, but I stand on the faith that I feel inside, its real. Jesus is real........evil is real. doubt is real, as even the disciples had them as the walked with Jesus.........Lord Bless

Upvote 0

Mike Flynn

Sep 19, 2003
✟2,069.00
Faith
Christian
PreacherJoe said:
Nathan as Christians we accept the creation story completely on faith and not the merits of how plausible it may seem to the human mind.
But on what basis do you assume that every detail of the creation story was intended by God as literal history. Jesus rebukes his disciples for confusing biological death with real death in their interpretations. But literalists make the same mistake when they read Genesis.

Don't forget PreacherJoe that God wants us to understand Him. We believe in Him and accept Him through faith, but we can also understand Him through the Bible and through Creation itself.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Mike Flynn said:
But on what basis do you assume that every detail of the creation story was intended by God as literal history. Jesus rebukes his disciples for confusing biological death with real death in their interpretations. But literalists make the same mistake when they read Genesis.

Don't forget PreacherJoe that God wants us to understand Him. We believe in Him and accept Him through faith, but we can also understand Him through the Bible and through Creation itself.
Precisely. What is so horrid about thinking that God (assuming He exists) created the universe in an insanely complicated manner, but chose to reveal this to us in a simpler, allegorical version?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums