Just walking, choices, sin, logic and free will?

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟253,767.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Do we have a choice whether to sin or not? Are those times when we sin, fully logically thought out, so that it can be said the sinner had full free will, a free choice and decides to sin. Or is there weakness, or a malevolent pressure? Perhaps we can only resist when we use all our strength. In the case of the sleeping disciples in Gethsemane, they even needed to prepare?

There is weakness, compromise, betrayal, ambition...

Paul said that which I love I do not do, that which I hate that I do.

And Paul described the situation as being like a person in health punished by being chained to a dead body. This was a Roman torture. The dead body would slowly infect and cause the healthy person a slow, disgusting death.

Adam was once perfect and pure. In ourselves now is a good spirit and soul, that we are, and a good body of dust, or clay. And inside in addition is sin. Another nature, contrary. Bestirred by laws to think of the opposite, somehow connected to the part of the soul called the will, able to cause a person to forget, not see oneself and change the will into a desire and action we know is wrong. Action we may hate and have previously decided never to do. As with King David, whose self awareness and conscience was pricked by Nathan, and he saw himself with his own judgment he used to look upon other with.

I chose to walk justly, but I sin, and do not think it was a sheer, overseeing decision built upon all I know, in which I am completely free to choose the just thing. It is bondage in part. And yet I chose to sin. How does this work? I am free willing.

• How much choice do we have?
  • What's the way out?
  • What power does sin have?
  • What is it in the body, nerves, something in the blood?
  • Are we really free?
  • Are we slaves?
  • What is the role of wisdom? And strength?
  • And salvation?