• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just Need A Hug

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xMMKayx3

okay, i feel kind of stupid. and i haven't been in recovery for months because it made me feel horrid before.

there was a death in my family a few weeks ago, and it greatly affected me. i've still yet to get over it.

next, there was great drama at a summer camp that resulted in me SIing for the first time in a while.

now i am having difficulty communicating and stuff with other people at high school. i am a freshman and already i am made fun of. i have resolved to shut up and stare at the table.

for some reason i am fairly certain that this winter i will fall back into my old ways.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
4ever loved,

Thank You. Not many people seem to understand how much a dog CAN help a person out of depression, can make them happy and when that dog is gone and u don't have that kind of support that that dog gave you like a shoulder to lean on so to speak, its so much Harder to actually live life or, thats what I think anyway!!

its weird how some people think that a dog Can't be a best friend and say they r just animals but their MORE then that!! anyway, sorry for the ramble!! i just miss my boy very much!! can't believe its almost been 2 yrs since i had to put him down! it'll be 2 yrs in dec!! how time flew by.

Upvote 0

Aquamarine81

Veteran
May 27, 2006
Charlotte, NC metro area
Visit site
✟18,145.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
hi all,
I'm not really sure where to begin... I've been depressed for several years now but only sought help for it two months ago after finally hitting rock bottom. I spent 6 days in a mental hospital. I'm currently in therapy and on medication which has helped somewhat. I also have social anxiety which makes it hard for me to make friends, and get my thoughts out clearly, so sometimes I get really lonely because I have no one to talk to. :sigh: I do want to make friends -- it's just hard for me. I was raised Baptist, but don't really feel as if I belong in a Baptist church anymore -- I don't really identify with some of there beliefs. Truth is, I don't really know where I belong -- I'm still a Christian but sometimes still struggle with my faith.
I'm going to see my psychiatrist for the first time Friday. Kind of nervous about that but I'm going to leave it in God's hands.
Sorry for rambling on so much...

Upvote 0

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
hi all,
I'm not really sure where to begin... I've been depressed for several years now but only sought help for it two months ago after finally hitting rock bottom. I spent 6 days in a mental hospital. I'm currently in therapy and on medication which has helped somewhat. I also have social anxiety which makes it hard for me to make friends, and get my thoughts out clearly, so sometimes I get really lonely because I have no one to talk to. :sigh: I do want to make friends -- it's just hard for me. I was raised Baptist, but don't really feel as if I belong in a Baptist church anymore -- I don't really identify with some of there beliefs. Truth is, I don't really know where I belong -- I'm still a Christian but sometimes still struggle with my faith.
I'm going to see my psychiatrist for the first time Friday. Kind of nervous about that but I'm going to leave it in God's hands.
Sorry for rambling on so much...

Many of us who have suffered with depression have a similar story. You have taken the first step and I pray that you will be healthy again soon. When you are healthy, the fog on your Spiritual life will lift as well. :hug:

Lisa

Upvote 0

jocaswell40

Aug 29, 2007
maine
✟8,410.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
i'm having some problems in my family i just don't know where to begin. first it's a stroke victiem. then depression. womb and overie removel. more depression. afraid to let some people get too close. i'm afraid if i get too close someone near me is going to die. i just want a hug and someone to love me. but i'm afraid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ForAMomentIWillFly

Just your everyday superhero :/
Aug 26, 2007
✟15,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
reveriw_maiden said:
Tell your story. Just get the pain out. Let the tears roll. We will listen. We will pray if you like. Best of all, there are lots of hugs to go around!
I don't have a story. I have a life, which shouldn't be.

I'm a hollow vessel, a vacuum for nothing but pain, with nothing inside. I won't post the details here. If you want them, PM me, but it's not important, nothing is anymore.

I'm a hypocrite, but at least it has a positive side. I encourage people to not inflict pain upon themselves, which inevitably inflicts pain upon anyone who cares for them, all while trying to determine the best method for what I tell them not to do.

A hug would be dandy, if the people who claim to be trustworthy wouldn't plunge a knife into your back when you do it. That's in reference to real life, thus far, everyone on here has been good.

Reactions: EbonNelumbo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lisa0315

Respect Catholics and the Mother Church!
Jul 17, 2005
At The Feet of Jesus
✟37,577.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have a story. I have a life, which shouldn't be.

I'm a hollow vessel, a vacuum for nothing but pain, with nothing inside. I won't post the details here. If you want them, PM me, but it's not important, nothing is anymore.

I'm a hypocrite, but at least it has a positive side. I encourage people to not inflict pain upon themselves, which inevitably inflicts pain upon anyone who cares for them, all while trying to determine the best method for what I tell them not to do.

A hug would be dandy, if the people who claim to be trustworthy wouldn't plunge a knife into your back when you do it. That's in reference to real life, thus far, everyone on here has been good.

I'm sorry. I wish I could help more than that, but all I can do is tell you that I care. :hug: A cyber hug is probably not that much comfort but it is all I have.

Lisa

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.