Just in Time for Passover - How to make your own Yeast!

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I thought this ironic, but know it's not.

One week before Passover (unleavened Bread) the story that brings redemption and a sinless man into the picture, represented by the unleavened bread an article was put out telling of the shortage of yeast, presumably because more people are staying home and baking.

It goes on to describe basically how to make a sourdough starter from just flour and water.

What many don't realize is that yeast is everywhere and you can't get away from it.

It really is the perfect representation of sin in this world.

Yeast is everywhere, in the air, on your body, in your body, just waiting to expand.

I hope all our Torah observant Messianics who Celebrate Pasache have matzo, I had put by some years ago and have enough to get through the week even though I won't be eating much as I'm on a low carb diet.

But the commandment is to eat unleavened bread for seven days and I shall do so even if just a bite per day. I'm so thankful that they now have gluten free matzah too as I am a Celiac.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I usually make my own matzah. There was no flour on the shelves at my grocery store. I ended up buying 7 boxes of triscuits. I have a dear old friend who lives in the Northeast U.S.. He has matza; but that's it. We talked about how we are to find happiness and to be thankful in what we have.

Upvote 0