Just in time for Easter, "God Bless the USA Bible" now being marketed with a paid endorsement from Donald Trump

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Speaking of GodBlesstheUSABible.com, apparently this isn't Mr. Greenwood's first foray into hawking bibles. A couple years ago, he had the same flag-wrapped bible for only $49.99 - did Donald's endorsement add a $10 value?
Bidenflation, obviously.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Any idea of what Greenwood paid for those rights?
Greenwood didn't pay for any rights.

God Bless The USA Bible contracted with CIC Ventures LLC. I expect the details of the deal are private.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Greenwood didn't pay for any rights.

God Bless The USA Bible contracted with CIC Ventures LLC. I expect the details of the deal are private.
I am under the impression that Lee Greenwood owns the company that produces the Bible.

• Informative
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I am under the impression that Lee Greenwood owns the company that produces the Bible.
I am under the impression that Donald Trump owns the company that licenses his name.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am under the impression that Donald Trump owns the company that licenses his name.
Agreed. Two different entities. Lee Greenwood has been producing and selling Bibles for a number of years.

Trump starts his rallies (amazing energy), with Greenwoods song. Looks like the two entered a venture to advertise the Bible’s with a Trump endorsement.

It’s marketing.

That is why I asked what Trumps company charges for an endorsement

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Where did you come up with that number? Do you have a link?
In the previous sales pitch by Greenwood, he was hawking the same book for $49.99, so arithmetic.

I’m on my phone so no link for now.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The cover clearly displays an American Flag.

View attachment 344802
it sure does - but I don't see it as:

drapping the scriptures in the American flag
It is a cover design - there have been hundreds of them

A couple years ago, he had the same flag-wrapped bible for only $49.99

Prices have gone up over the last couple of years.

This also proves my point -

How many complaints were there for the years the same Bible with a flag design on it? Anyone here ever complain?

But as soon as the former President lends his name!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How many complaints were there for the years the same Bible with a flag design on it? Anyone here ever complain?

But as soon as the former President lends his name!
Fascinating detail, courtesy of WaPo:

[The Bible] was originally slated for release in 2021, but an outcry from a number of prominent Christians derailed the rollout.

--

The Uproar Over the “Ultimate American Bible”

In May [2021], controversy over “the ultimate American Bible” briefly rocked the Christian publishing world. Big-name Christian authors penned a letter blasting it as “dangerous,” and more than 900 people signed a petition decrying the decision to print the book.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can any Christian here tell me:
I can offer an opinion
1. What is the value of Donald Trump's endorsement of this Bible?
He is a very popular public figure who has more than 75,000,000 people who voted for him - he garners people by the thousands at his rallies - evidence of his popularity. - Name recognition and endorsement are what value he brings.
2. Other Bibles which lack this endorsement.... are they deficient in any way?
Nope

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
He is a very popular public figure who has more than 75,000,000 people who voted for him - he garners people by the thousands at his rallies - evidence of his popularity. - Name recognition and endorsement are what value he brings.
I mean, for a Christian, what the value of his endorsement of this Bible and not any others?

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not at all surprised that Trump is doing something like this. He's never going to miss an opportunity to try and leverage his name. But as a Christian I'm honestly more concerned about the incorporation of the USA's founding documents. It makes it seem as if they are being treated as being divine as well.
I would think USA folk who care about the seperation of Church and State should be aghast.

Does this mean the politicians can take over the church?

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would think USA folk who care about the seperation of Church and State should be aghast.

Does this mean the politicians can take over the church?
Yes.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Donald Trump Selling Bibles Sparks Fury From Christians—'Blasphemous Grift'

Trump selling copies of the Bible "during Holy Week like it's just one more overpriced Trump shoe or steak has really touched a nerve among voters—we've heard from many upset Faithful America members since his video appeared," the Rev. Nathan Empsall, executive director of Faithful America, told Newsweek via email.

"Trump is doing his best impression of the corrupt moneychangers who profited by ripping off worshippers. Today, much like Jesus overturning the moneychangers' tables, Christians are sick of seeing MAGA's false prophets twist our loving faith for an agenda of hatred and selfishness. The Bible is bigger than any politician, and if Trump really wants to talk about Scripture, I suggest he try actually reading it first. He might actually learn a few things about love, humility, money, and peace."

Asked for comment about the backlash, Trump spokesperson Steven Cheung told Newsweek: "These are Never Trump idiots suffering from a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome."

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

The Christian reaction to Trump’s Bible endorsement goes deeper than you think

‘Sacrilege,’ theology, and the shadow of Christian nationalism

Responses to Trump’s social media announcement called the endorsement “sacrilege,” “heresy” and “borderline offensive” and cite lessons directly from the Bible that suggest taking advantage of people’s faith for money should be condemned.

However, the criticism doesn’t end with whether or not Trump’s endorsement is un-Christian or not. In fact, it’s just the beginning.

Historian and author Jemar Tisby says the whole project echoes the values of Christian nationalism — the idea that America was founded as a Christian nation and the government should work to sanction Christianity on a national scale.

“What has caused outrage with this Bible is that it includes the Declaration of Independence, US Constitution, and even the lyrics to a Lee Greenwood song. So it’s adding to the Bible

“What’s so pernicious about this is it plays on people’s devotion to God and their love of country, either of which by themselves could be innocuous or even good,” he said.

“But in this effort, it is blending the two. And with Trump as the spokesperson, is conveying a very clear message about what kind of Christianity and what kind of love of nation (he is) promoting.”

When Guthrie Graves-Fitzsimmons, communications director for the BJC Center for Faith, Justice and Reconciliation, saw Trump’s Bible endorsement, he said he saw a politician using fears rooted in racism and prejudice to promote a specific Christian ideology.

“When I hear ‘Make America Pray Again,’ I hear Christian nationalist promises that we are going to somehow ‘restore’ Christianity in this country. And if authoritarianism does come to the United States, it’s all but guaranteed it will be done in the name of Christianity, which is a very scary thought.”

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“What’s so pernicious about this is it plays on people’s devotion to God and their love of country, either of which by themselves could be innocuous or even good,” he said.

“But in this effort, it is blending the two. And with Trump as the spokesperson, is conveying a very clear message about what kind of Christianity and what kind of love of nation (he is) promoting.”

Exactly.

“When I hear ‘Make America Pray Again,’ I hear Christian nationalist promises that we are going to somehow ‘restore’ Christianity in this country. And if authoritarianism does come to the United States, it’s all but guaranteed it will be done in the name of Christianity, which is a very scary thought.”

Trump knows the power of co-opting relgion.

Vladimer Putin is doing the same.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟255,349.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Name recognition and endorsement are what value he brings.
To an air fryer. Or some sort of exercise machine. Or grout cleaner maybe. Hey, Mr. Trump uses it, so it must be good. And look, he reads the bible (two Corinthians?) so it must be a good read. I should get one. And there's a special deal!

Why isn't there a set of steak knives included?

Seriously, how can you not be embarrassed?

Upvote 0

water of life

Aug 23, 2022
Winkler
✟27,216.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean, for a Christian, what the value of his endorsement of this Bible and not any others?
I would think the majority choose their Bibles on what translation they favour, maybe a study Bible with a good commentary. Maybe the publisher's reputation factors in.

Would a fair number get this Bible because Trump endorsed it? Probably, but they probably had Bibles in their homes already.

Upvote 0