Just for once let us all try to be honest.

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
We all know it is [even creationists know] but just how badly in your opinion is creationism damaging the USA?
short and long term.

The first thing that springs to mind is education.
Honestly? I have no idea. I don't live in the US, and I only get heavily filtered information about it. Obviously, all the worse parts make the news.

But then, I'm not here to save the USA from itself. I'm here to reach individuals and to help good science make itself heard.

I think creationism is only a symptom, for what it's worth. It's all part of a deeper problem with how a lot of people in the US approach religion and science. But, as I said, I don't live there, I can only guess what's really going on.

(Hello, consol, by the way. We all missed you so much.)

Then I have to ask, what do you think about Sweden?

Does it match what you've written?
Sweden sounds like an awesome place to live if you ask me. Well, if you ignore the fact that the winters are even darker than Scotland's. ^_^

Upvote 0

Coelo

Jun 8, 2013
✟663.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
I have just one question, how did you know it was God's presence?
God represents life and health and healing and love. If we have a experience that leaves us filled with Love, then that was Love that we receive from God. When we forgive others that is a work of God in our lives. No Love, no God. Know Love, Know God. Also God is light and in Him is no darkness. So if we walk in the Light, then we walk with God.

Upvote 0
G

Gordin

Only thing I know about Sweden is that their suicide rate is much higher than ours.
Not true..
Sweden had 16.4 per 100,000 people in 2010 and the US had 19.5 per 100,000 people in 2010 which is quite a bit lower.

The US has 716 per 100,000 people in prison and Sweden has 67 per 100,000 people in prison.

I guess Sweden must count itself lucky that it is not a Christian country.

Reactions: Bugeyedcreepy
Upvote 0

Lethe

Jul 14, 2011
Somewhere in the Luminiferous Ether
✟1,671.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
mandyangel said:
I don't think it is. In fact given the choice, I'd rather live in a country that believes in creation than "evolution"

Pop quiz Mandyangel: Pick ten countries that you would feel comfortable living in. Are they closer to the top or the bottom of the list?

public-acceptance-figure1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G

Gordin

I have just one question, how did you know it was God's presence?

God represents life and health and healing and love. If we have a experience that leaves us filled with Love, then that was Love that we receive from God. When we forgive others that is a work of God in our lives. No Love, no God. Know Love, Know God. Also God is light and in Him is no darkness. So if we walk in the Light, then we walk with God.
Very nice, now if you could just answer the question, so far it could have been a fire warming your backside giving you a feeling of well being and comfort, or listening to a bird singing or the wind blowing or a lullaby played on the bagpipes, the smell of baking bread or a baby laughing none of which involves a god, unless you want them to.

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Sweden sounds like an awesome place to live if you ask me. Well, if you ignore the fact that the winters are even darker than Scotland's. ^_^
It has its ups and downs :) the darkness is one of the latter ^_^ (except for hide and seek)

I've heard good things about Denmark though, I definitely have to check it out.

Upvote 0

Elendur

Gamer and mathematician
Feb 27, 2012
Sweden - Umeå
✟17,952.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Engaged
Upvote 0

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Pop quiz Mandyangel: Pick ten countries that you would feel comfortable living in. Are they closer to the top or the bottom of the list?
This question/argument bothers me. I think all of these countries are more or less OK places to live in (well, except Greece being a bit messed up at the moment), and unless you've been around some of them, your answer will likely be based on prejudice.

(I myself would rather live in the UK than Hungary, but I spent the first 20 years of my life in the latter and the last nearly 7 in the former, so I have reasons that are a bit more specific than "Eastern Europe, ewww".)

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Not to mention the fact that this country, at it's greatest, before evolution reared it's ugly little head, was one of the most literate, best educated, most powerful countries in the world. The percentage of atheists was very minimal, we had God in our courts, our schools, and our homes. The introduction of atheism and evolution has dropped us down in every area, most certainly in education, with young people graduating from high school who can't even fill out an employment form properly, including being unable to even spell the name of their school correctly!! You have to be literate to read the bible, and it helps if you know math also! Not to mention that it influences people to learn other languages--backwards my foot!
You can not read the letters written by the founding fathers, and the following presidents without knowing that they were Christians and had no trouble with displaying their love of God even in Congress--always opened with prayer.
It's been the evolutionists that have brought this country down, esp in education. Children are being raised without regard for human life, without
God having created us, and dying to save us, they have nothing to hold unto, nothing to respect, nothing to lift them up above their poverty and no reason why they shouldn't just stay home and collect welfare money--The work ethic is not taught, nor care for others. Self is the god listened to now, and no reason to think of others as priceless treasures and and loved as such by a loving God and deserving of their dignity.--after all, who cares? We're just a bunch of animals anyway, might as well act like them. In fact, worse then animals--animals do not normally beat, abuse, and even kill their children--when they do kill them, it's because the offspring have abnormalities which the mothers know will keep them from being able to fend for themselves.
I have no doubt you will disagree with everything I've said, and I don't care-- We are the beloved children of the Most High God, and we will be inheriting all He has created for us---Sorry to hear your uncle is an ape, they can't give you much to be proud of, nor leave you anything but poop--enjoy.

First of all, you dates are off. Creationists are fine history revisionists, though. Before evolution was accepted by the scientific community, this country was still not a world power. That required us getting through WWI. As far as the rest, it is nonsense. Teaching the central theme to modern biology has not hurt education. Especially since it is too often skipped over or watered down, in any case. Please explain how teaching evolution prevents students from learning to read and write properly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think you should remove your Christian icon.
I've asked him some questions about that, and like the standard scientist around here, his answer contains as much as, or less, information than his profile.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I've asked him some questions about that, and like the standard scientist around here, his answer contains as much as, or less, information than his profile.

God forbid one should explain him or herself in a Discussion Forum! :doh:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God forbid one should explain him or herself in a Discussion Forum! :doh:
I think CabVet and everyone else should read your End Time View in your profile the next time they think about harping on ... ahem ... thousands of different interpretations of creationism -- (or any other passage).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Coelo

Jun 8, 2013
✟663.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Does the Wage slavery, rampart alcoholism, and rampart racism in today's America apply?
Of course it is an American tradition now. If it was good enough for us then it is good enough for our kids and the next generation. If anything America is less progressive and more wanting to hold onto the past. You can no longer accuse America of being modern and advanced, compared to other countries.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Not to mention being the rape capital of Europe.
There's a reason for that, you know.

Sweden defines rape more broadly than most other countries and they make more concerted efforts to record and make their instances visible. Obviously, the wider your net is, the more fish you're going to catch. A simple Google search can reveal this.

It's funny what actually looking into things can do for you.

Reactions: Elendur
Upvote 0