Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
So it's been a few months since Kim Jonghyun of SHINee committed suicide. I know it might seem weird that I'm so emotional over a celebrity death, but I have been his fan for years and I don't know if anyone is familiar with Korean music culture, but often Korean entertainment allows musicians to do variety shows or host their own radio shows or be in dramas too. Jonghyun never did any major acting, but he did variety shows and had his own radio show. So I was pretty invested, I guess you can say. He had one of the most gorgeous voices too! But even still I'm so sad that I can't even listen to his voice without just crying.

I've prayed many many many times for him to be in heaven. There was even one prayer where I felt God say that he was in heaven, but sometimes I think that was more me wishing than listening. I don't know is the problem. I don't want to doubt God, but I also don't want to be foolish enough to say I know God spoke to me in that moment. God and I communicate more through dreams. So, a lot of my dreams come true and I've always felt that's how God answers me or tells me things, but of course, I don't think God is going to reveal heaven to me in a dream just so I can see Jonghyun.

Jonghyun was an agnostic with a Christian family so there's hope of course, but still it hurts to think that maybe he didn't make it. And I just beg God to let Jonghyun in somehow some way.
Any advice or Scripture for comfort? Also, prayers for Jonghyun's soul would be very much appreciated.

Soul-searching

Jan 27, 2018
Denmark
✟55,820.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So it's been a few months since Kim Jonghyun of SHINee committed suicide. I know it might seem weird that I'm so emotional over a celebrity death, but I have been his fan for years and I don't know if anyone is familiar with Korean music culture, but often Korean entertainment allows musicians to do variety shows or host their own radio shows or be in dramas too. Jonghyun never did any major acting, but he did variety shows and had his own radio show. So I was pretty invested, I guess you can say. He had one of the most gorgeous voices too! But even still I'm so sad that I can't even listen to his voice without just crying.

I've prayed many many many times for him to be in heaven. There was even one prayer where I felt God say that he was in heaven, but sometimes I think that was more me wishing than listening. I don't know is the problem. I don't want to doubt God, but I also don't want to be foolish enough to say I know God spoke to me in that moment. God and I communicate more through dreams. So, a lot of my dreams come true and I've always felt that's how God answers me or tells me things, but of course, I don't think God is going to reveal heaven to me in a dream just so I can see Jonghyun.

Jonghyun was an agnostic with a Christian family so there's hope of course, but still it hurts to think that maybe he didn't make it. And I just beg God to let Jonghyun in somehow some way.
Any advice or Scripture for comfort? Also, prayers for Jonghyun's soul would be very much appreciated.
Don´t cry dear, you deserve a happy day, it´s your birthday, congratulations. Despite the tears i hope you will be able to enjoy your special day. Yes life is devastating sometimes, and i do understand you. But there is something beautiful in memories even though they hurt, and even though the people we adored might not be here anymore, we still have a piece of them in our hearts. They will always leave a footprint here on earth, even though they are dead, they are still in our presence in everything they left behind. Like you will always be able to listen to his voice, he won´t make new music, but you will still be able to listen to him. You have to believe he is in a better place, he found peace. If i was God i would for sure let him into heaven just because it matters so much to you, here you are praying for a person you don´t know, if that is not beautiful and make the wheel turn i don´t know what is! I´m sure if he was alive that he would want you to be happy and not cry, he would want you to smile, and listen to his songs, remembering him with gladness not sadness.

Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Don´t cry dear, you deserve a happy day, it´s your birthday, congratulations. Despite the tears i hope you will be able to enjoy your special day. Yes life is devastating sometimes, and i do understand you. But there is something beautiful in memories even though they hurt, and even though the people we adored might not be here anymore, we still have a piece of them in our hearts. They will always leave a footprint here on earth, even though they are dead, they are still in our presence in everything they left behind. Like you will always be able to listen to his voice, he won´t make new music, but you will still be able to listen to him. You have to believe he is in a better place, he found peace. If i was God i would for sure let him into heaven just because it matters so much to you, here you are praying for a person you don´t know, if that is not beautiful and make the wheel turn i don´t know what is! I´m sure if he was alive that he would want you to be happy and not cry, he would want you to smile, and listen to his songs, remembering him with gladness not sadness.
Thank you for your kind words :) I know, eventually, I'll be able to listen to his music and what not, but I don't know it's just too hard to. The only comfort I get is a story idea I have of the main character, after she dies well into her old age, asks God to go back in time to save her friend from suicide and I cast Jonghyun as the friend. But haha I'll try to stop crying. The tears are just random sometimes.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Trust God to do what is right and loving. If your friend should be in heaven, ... then he will be.

I remember feeling the same way after Princess Diana died. It all seemed so unfair ... and I grieved for her loss to the world.

But it will get better in time ...

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Upvote 0

makeajoyfulnoise100

Tea, books, and rainy days <3
Site Supporter
Feb 2, 2017
Atlanta
✟89,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trust God to do what is right and loving. If your friend should be in heaven, ... then he will be.

I remember feeling the same way after Princess Diana died. It all seemed so unfair ... and I grieved for her loss to the world.

But it will get better in time ...

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Thank you :) And yeah I was a kid when Diana died and I cried for her too.

Upvote 0

Monad_Wisdom

Mar 25, 2018
London
✟8,960.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to say when Chester Bennington of Linkin Park committed suicide last year, I felt sad for him, his family and close friends. I was a fan of Linkin Park back in early 2000s and suicide is just difficult to conprehend. My grandfather and uncle both committed suicide before I was born and nothing is ever mentioned although I know it affected my mother. I myself have suffered from anxiety and mild depression, so it does hit me when I hear/read of anyone taking their own life.

I think with celebrities, especially those within the arts, create something that many feel an emotional connection to. So when they die, it does affect us, we feel loss on a personal level because we felt their work on a personal level. So add that to the act of suicide and it can be a real shock to our system.

With regards to those who die without faith in Jesus Christ, well if many prayed for such individuals to be in heaven with Jesus Christ I would think there is a huge chance that he will be.

I would say take solace in knowing that his psychological pain is at an end here on Earth. Such people who take their own lives are suffering greatly and its an awful event to deal with for those close to them. I hope your grief subsides and I hope all those who take their own lives have found peace in the next life.

God bless.

Upvote 0