I am Thorn, Master Thief, I do it for the chickens
Jul 21, 2006
On the planet Xxyzxy
✟9,879.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just because you got your degree from a diploma mill, doesn't give you credibility. ;)

Just because some of the stories of the Bible are conveyed through myth, doesn't mean those stories don't speak truth about the Lord.

Just because science doesn't allude to God, doesn't mean science rejects God.

Just because I interpret my Bible literally, doesn't mean I have to accept what it has to say about the shape of the earth, the design of the cosmos, or the consistency of the atmosphere.

I don't get that last one. could you explain plz??

Upvote 0

oncelost

Aug 25, 2005
✟7,746.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Just because you think you can debunk evolution, doesn't mean that creationism is right by default.

Not ipso facto, but it's the most reasonable alternative.

Just because you got your degree from a diploma mill, doesn't give you credibility. ;)

LOL. :)

Just because Evolution can undermine a kid's faith, doesn't make the idea evil (or does it?).

Just because the message is evil, doesn't make the messenger evil.

Just because you've been taught something is right, doesn't mean that your teachers haven't been mislead by the biggest hoax perpetrated upon humanity due to humanity's susceptibility, i.e., its sinful nature.

Maybe I'm being a little harsh.

Just because we believe strongly in our respective positions, doesn't mean that, 100 years from now, we are not all going to laugh together (in heaven) about how wrong we both were with our puny intellects.

Upvote 0

laptoppop

Servant of the living God
May 19, 2006
Southern California
✟23,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just because we believe strongly in our respective positions, doesn't mean that, 100 years from now, we are all going to laugh together (in heaven) about how wrong we both were with our puny intellects.

(that may be a backwards typo)

Actually, I do believe that we will know even as we are known - wonderfully and fully. As such, I'll be first in line to laugh at myself about things that I held so dear that mean nothing or are flat out wrong. Of course none of these things will be related to creationism....;):D;)

Just because we hold different opinions on some things, doesn't mean that we can't solidly agree that Jesus is Lord! and fellowship together.

Reactions: Mallon
Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Sure, if you're a Christian...
Just because we believe strongly in our respective positions, doesn't mean that, 100 years from now, we are all going to laugh together (in heaven) about how wrong we both were with our puny intellects.
Why not? We're all Christian here.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
mallon said:
Just because you think you can debunk evolution, doesn't mean that creationism is right by default.
No that doesn't follow.

Just because it has been shown that the earth is not a perfect sphere, doesn't mean it is flat.

Just because it has been shown Newtonian mechanics don't work at relativistic speeds, doesn't mean Aristotelian mechanics were right all along.

Just because we are brothers and sisters in Christ and the Lord God is our Father, doesn't mean we can't squabble like toddlers.

Upvote 0

laptoppop

Servant of the living God
May 19, 2006
Southern California
✟23,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just because we are brothers and sisters in Christ and the Lord God is our Father, doesn't mean we can't squabble like toddlers.

Gives a whole new meaning to "become as little children" doesn't it? <grin>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.