Southern California
✟23,920.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK, lets see if we can correct some misconceptions around here. For this thread, I suggest that we fill it with statements of the form "Just because ""A"", that doesn't mean "B". Keep it nice, PLEASE!

Here's a couple to start off with:

Just because someone is a TE, that doesn't mean they aren't a godly wonderful person who loves the Lord, seeks to grow, and who loves the scriptures.

Just because someone is a YEC, that doesn't mean they are an uneducated ignorant person.

Just because someone uses a more literal approach to interpreting the Bible, that doesn't mean that person cannot understand and appreciate the poetry, imagery, allegory, etc. of various parts of the Bible.

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
or go south and get Mod locked really fast.;)

OK, here's my contribution:

Just because someone is YEC, doesn't mean that they are conspiring to undermine public education and turn the nation into a Bible thumpin' theocracy.

Just because someone is TE, doesn't mean that they are card-carrying members of the EAC and are plotting with the Illuminati to establish world hegemony in the name of the beast.

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because someone is a YEC, that doesn't mean they aren't a godly wonderful person who loves the Lord, seeks to grow, and who loves the scriptures.

Just because someone is a TE doesn't mean they're calling Jesus a liar, or that their theology is inconsistant with the Bible.

Upvote 0

Sammael

Aug 27, 2006
Phoenix
✟15,154.00
Faith
Christian
Just because evolution describes a chemical and biological process doesn't mean it has any correlation with Elohim whatsoever.

Just because evolution is supported by decades of experimental biology results, thousands of scientific journal essay entries, millions of scientists, and has for the large majority withstood scientific scrutiny, doesn't mean that it is a religion.

Just because the apparent contradictions someone may percieve within The Word and physical reality don't allow you to see past the false dichotomy doesn't mean others can't.

Upvote 0

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Just because evolution says there is no God doen't mean its not a religion. (Cuase it is you know.)

I think, maybe, the spirit of this thread eluded you.

Lighten up, laptoppop did us a service by giving us this means to poke sticks at ourselves for a while.

Let's not get this mod locked before the fun is done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just because a YEC may post something you have seen refuted a thousand times does not mean that person in intentionally bearing false whitness.

Just because a TE says the Scriptures contain myth does not mean she also doesn't think all of the scriptures contain the truth.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Just because a YEC may post something you have seen refuted a thousand times does not mean that person in intentionally bearing false whitness.

Just because a TE says the Scriptures contain myth does not mean she also doesn't think all of the scriptures contain the truth.
I think I like these the best.

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
...... whats a TE or YEC? hahaha hmmmmm ingorance yes!

I am sure rmwilliams may come along and post the spectrum of abbreviations for us, but here's a few that will help you navigate in OT (Origins Theology.)

YEC=Young Earth Creationist
Typically, these are fundamentalists who take the Biblical creation account to be literally describing the events of creation occuring about 6,000 yrs ago and taking God 6 days to do so.

OEC=Old Earth Creationist
These guys vary, but they are also creationists whose interpretations and explinations of the age of the earth vary.

TE=Theistic Evolutionist
EC=Evolutionary Creationist
Most of these view the Scriptural creation account as allegorical/myth that is not describing literal historical events but rather conveying timeless truths.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
using a metaphor A=The place is crawling with evolutionists, watch where you step.

doesn't mean you are B=calling people cockroaches.

I am sure rmwilliams may come along and post the spectrum of abbreviations for us, but here's a few that will help you navigate in OT (Origins Theology.)

for creation-evolution-design debate spectrum of positions see:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/wic.html
http://www.antievolution.org/people/wre/essays/ea.html
http://www.calvin.edu/~lhaarsma/week6.html
http://members.iinet.net.au/~sejones/faqiposs.html
http://www.ncseweb.org/resources/articles/1593_the_creationevolution_continu_12_7_2000.asp
http://blueletterbible.org/faq/creation.html

Upvote 0

kenneth558

Believer in the Invisible
Aug 1, 2003
Omaha, NE
Visit site
✟19,596.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just because TE is scientific (i.e., many scientists think, speak, and write scientifically about it) doesn't make it true.

Just because God's miracles are unscientific (i.e., we can't replicate them using scientific method) doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Upvote 0

Dannager

Back in Town
May 5, 2005
✟11,819.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Just because TE is scientific (i.e., many scientists think, speak, and write scientifically about it) doesn't make it true.

Just because God's miracles are unscientific (i.e., we can't replicate them using scientific method) doesn't mean they didn't happen.
And the corrolaries, because this thread is about balance:

Just because YEC is in the Bible (according to fundamentalist interpretations) doesn't make it literally true.

Oh, and something doesn't need to be replicated for it to be scientific, kenneth558. All that is required is observation. If that were true, the sun would be unscientific as we certainly cannot replicate self-sustaining fusion at that scale.

Upvote 0

Mallon

Senior Veteran
Mar 6, 2006
✟22,892.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Just because you got your degree from a diploma mill, doesn't give you credibility. ;)

Just because some of the stories of the Bible are conveyed through myth, doesn't mean those stories don't speak truth about the Lord.

Just because science doesn't allude to God, doesn't mean science rejects God.

Just because I interpret my Bible literally, doesn't mean I have to accept what it has to say about the shape of the earth, the design of the cosmos, or the consistency of the atmosphere.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.