Just a thought on God's Providence.

Llewelyn Stevenson

May 24, 2015
✟21,990.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I was doing one of those seemingly endless chores of our daily routine, drying and packing the dishes away. My wife came in grumbling about these chores, as we often do. It becomes habit forming if we allow it.

I said to her, "Just think, these chores prove we have a lot to be thankful for. We have food to eat. So we can say, thank you, Lord, for the task of washing these dishes on a daily routine for it reminds us that you have provided us with food to eat; a home to rest in, and clothes to wear."

God is so good. He provides us with work so that we may earn for the provision of these other things. I know this with all my heart.

Jesus told us to pray, "Give us this day our daily bread," and, when I am drying the dishes at the end of the evening I know that, today, and every day I have dishes to wash, he has answered my prayer.

Take the parts of this prayer and consider how you may see its fulfillment in each and every day.

Take the request for forgiveness and know each time you find you have to forgive that He has forgiven you. Look, and see the endless opportunities you have to choose to do his will, do it, and know he has answered that part of the prayer. As you drive down the street, reaching your destination without harm or evil, know that he has delivered you from it.

As you do these things, thank him, praise him, and worship him. Let it always be this way.

Amen.

Every task is proof that God provides and every gift is a blessing we don't deserve.

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello Llewlyn, you remind me of the book of colossians chapter 3. Hope you do not mind me sharing it here, Ill be leaving for work soon.

You are right in what you are speaking, we should be thankful for all the things that God has provided for us, you know thinking about this every morning we are offered a new life of mercy when we wake up, regardless of how many hours slept.

If you woke up today, how truly blessed you are to be able to be alive... it understandable some however are waking up sick and in critical conditions, and all that can be done is offering of prayer on behalf of others, and for our those who yet believe, that God will also deliver them either from their pain, or from their broken ways to finding light.

We are all going to pass away from this life one day and all going to see God on our death day. Let us be thankful for what we can do now, and give thanks to Lord, and also work as if we were working for the Lord.

Thank you for your message.

Colossians Chapter 3:

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. 2 Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. 3 For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.

5 So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. 6 Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming. 7 You used to do these things when your life was still part of this world. 8 But now is the time to get rid of anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language. 9 Don’t lie to each other, for you have stripped off your old sinful nature and all its wicked deeds. 10 Put on your new nature, and be renewed as you learn to know your Creator and become like him. 11 In this new life, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Gentile, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbaric, uncivilized, slave, or free. Christ is all that matters, and he lives in all of us.

12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 Make allowance for each other’s faults, and forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 14 Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful.

16 Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17 And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.

Instructions for Christian Households
18 Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting for those who belong to the Lord.

19 Husbands, love your wives and never treat them harshly.

20 Children, always obey your parents, for this pleases the Lord. 21 Fathers, do not aggravate your children, or they will become discouraged.

22 Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything you do. Try to please them all the time, not just when they are watching you. Serve them sincerely because of your reverent fear of the Lord. 23 Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. 24 Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ. 25 But if you do what is wrong, you will be paid back for the wrong you have done. For God has no favorites.

Upvote 0