Just a quick question for law proponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

someguy14

I asked you how does the 10 commands make you want to sin?

The law revealed sin.
Sin didn't have power until the law said that sin is wrong.
Once a believer in God repented from that sin, that the law exposed, had no more power.
So now(through the grace of God through Jesus), the believers in God, in Christ, are no longer under the law abiding in sin, the believers of God through Christ, are abiding in Gods will(Gods law, 10 commandments, Love). Christ love for everybody, showed that all can abide in Gods will(abide in God) with love, and this can only be accomplished with God inside of us, giving God all the credit, bringing all His people in fellowship directly with God himself and providing us a way to do all that God commands us, as God intended. God viewing His Son, Jesus Christ, is well pleasing. Jesus through us is the mercy of our glorious God and how much He truely loves each and everyone of us.

Romans 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid . Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

May God bless each and everyone of us and may we please Him in the way He intended for us to, in everything we think and do.

Upvote 0

Strive4truth

Saved by grace through faith
Nov 20, 2011
✟15,223.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
ROM 7:12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

I don't claim to understand everything in the Bible, but I'm pretty sure you can be ASSURED that something is being misunderstood when you take what is "holy, righteous, and good" and turn it into something completely negative with a negative purpose.
The Word cannot contradict itself.

Upvote 0

Strive4truth

Nov 20, 2011
✟15,223.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
The law revealed sin.
Sin didn't have power until the law said that sin is wrong.
Once a believer in God repented from that sin, that the law exposed, had no more power.
So now(through the grace of God through Jesus), the believers in God, in Christ, are no longer under the law abiding in sin, the believers of God through Christ, are abiding in Gods will(Gods law, 10 commandments, Love). Christ love for everybody, showed that all can abide in Gods will(abide in God) with love, and this can only be accomplished with God inside of us, giving God all the credit, bringing all His people in fellowship directly with God himself and providing us a way to do all that God commands us, as God intended. God viewing His Son, Jesus Christ, is well pleasing. Jesus through us is the mercy of our glorious God and how much He truely loves each and everyone of us.

Romans 7:7
What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid . Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

May God bless each and everyone of us and may we please Him in the way He intended for us to, in everything we think and do.

So according to you, we are no longer "under G-d's law" yet we are abiding in G-d's will (His Law)? That is what you just wrote. . . .
If we are, in fact no longer under the Law that you just described is the ONLY WAY we know what sin is, how in the world do you know what is right and wrong? Your argument is faulty.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

They were redeemed from SIN.
Yeshua came to redeem you and me from SIN frogster.
Yeshua CANNOT redeem us from something He Himself ordained [Torah]! (in case you believe that Yeshua IS G-D)
Yeshua CANNOT redeem us from something His Father ordained [Torah]! (in case you don't believe Yeshua is G-d)
Yeshua CANNOT and DID NOT redeem us from His Father's Instructions. The same instructions He kept, the same instructions every believer and follower of Yeshua kept before and after His death.
Reading problem?

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
Grafted into the Olive Tree
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
ROM 7:12 So then, the Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

I don't claim to understand everything in the Bible, but I'm pretty sure you can be ASSURED that something is being misunderstood when you take what is "holy, righteous, and good" and turn it into something completely negative with a negative purpose.

How can something holy, spiritual, righteous and good, also make us slaves of sin? hmmm
How can something holy, spiritual, righteous and good, make sin have dominion over us? hmmm
How can obeying something holy, spiritual, righteous and good, make us not under grace after we've been saved by grace once and for all? hmmm
Furthermore, that same Law that is holy, spiritual, righteous and good, matches up with the perfect, righteous, Holy Law spoken of throughout the ENTIRE BIBLE. hmmm

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

What about Reve 14:12?
Surely that can't be referring to just Jews in Christ :confused:

NKJV) Revelation 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here [are] those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

http://www.christianforums.com/t1457666-101/
Why worry about the Ten Commandments, if you are disregarding the Sabbath?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
S

someguy14

So according to you, we are no longer "under G-d's law" yet we are abiding in G-d's will (His Law)? That is what you just wrote. . . .
If we are, in fact no longer under the Law that you just described is the ONLY WAY we know what sin is, how in the world do you know what is right and wrong? Your argument is faulty.

God bless you Strive4truth.

Under the law, being accused of breaking the law, by abiding in sin.

In God, we are abiding in Gods law and therefore the law no longer condemns us since we are abiding in the will of God(Gods law).

We are abiding in the commands of God, through the clean lamb, that was slain to reunite us with The beautiful, glorious Maker of all.

Christ's works upon this earth, provided us a way to unite with Gods will through His sacrifice, unspotted lamb, once and for all, providing us a way to abide inside of God, the way God intended for us. In whom God The Father is well pleased. :)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
HOW DO THE 10 COMMANDMENTS AROUSE SIN IN YOU FROGSTER?

Here I'll list em for you.

Don't have any gods beside Him.
Don't worship and bow down to any idols.
Don't blaspheme His name.
Don't forget His Sabbath.
Don't dishonor your parents.
Don't kill.
Don't commit adultery.
Don't steal.
Don't lie.
Don't covet.

Go ahead.

israel lived in bondage, because they did not do it. Why? Why didn't they keep Torah?

21 you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal? 22You who say that one must not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law. 24For, as it is written, "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
israel lived in bondage, because they did not do it. Why? Why didn't they keep Torah?

21 you then who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you preach against stealing, do you steal? 22You who say that one must not commit adultery, do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples? 23You who boast in the law dishonor God by breaking the law. 24For, as it is written, "The name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

Don't kill.
Don't commit adultery.
Don't steal.
Don't lie.
Don't covet.

Go ahead.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Apparently you do, Senior Scratch :p
I understand that perfectly. We were redeemed from sin, not from Torah. The end..

sorry, you can't separate em, we are of the Abrahamic promise, not law...

4;14 For if it is the adherents of the law who are to be the heirs, faith is null and the promise is void. 15For the law brings wrath, but where there is no law there is no transgression.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Don't kill.
Don't commit adultery.
Don't steal.
Don't lie.
Don't covet.

Go ahead.

history unfolded, we have NT revelation from the Lord. Why won't you debate the clear text?

sin was dead until what came? 7;9.

Upvote 0

tzadik

Follower of the Messiah
Nov 16, 2011
✟13,508.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
history unfolded, we have NT revelation from the Lord. Why won't you debate the clear text?

sin was dead until what came? 7;9.

Don't kill.
Don't commit adultery.
Don't steal.
Don't lie.
Don't covet.

Go ahead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

the WORD says, why the law was added..

5;20Now the law came in to increase the trespass, but where sin increased, grace abounded all the more,

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Don't kill.
Don't commit adultery.
Don't steal.
Don't lie.
Don't covet.

Go ahead.

debate the text, or else we are speaking from a human vantage point.

Bro, with all due respect, it is clear you won't deabte the clear text, so you can paste that all ya want..go ahead!:D:thumbsup:

luv ya bro..:wave:

Upvote 0

Strive4truth

Nov 20, 2011
✟15,223.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
God bless you Strive4truth.

Under the law, being accused of breaking the law, by abiding in sin.

In God, we are abiding in Gods law and therefore the law no longer condemns us since we are abiding in the will of God(Gods law).

We are abiding in the commands of God, through the clean lamb, that was slain to reunite us with The beautiful, glorious Maker of all.

Christ's works upon this earth, provided us a way to unite with Gods will through His sacrifice, unspotted lamb, once and for all, providing us a way to abide inside of God, the way God intended for us. In whom God The Father is well pleased. :)

:) Thanks for the explanation! You put that beautifully.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Holy Ghost unites us with God The Father, as we read that all the prophets are blessed with The Holy Ghost, direct voice of God Himself. Glory to God, The Lover of our souls.
Interesting
Holy spirit is only mentioned 3 times in the OT/OC....Psalms and Isaiah

Strong's Concordance with Hebrew and Greek Lexicon

Blue Letter Bible - Search Results for NKJV
"holy spirit"
occurs 96 times in 95 verses in the NKJV

Psalms 51:11 Do not cast me away from Your presence, And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

Jude 1:20 But you beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.