Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello. I just had a question about fasting. I have only fasted for a day and night one time a few months ago because I wanted to get closer to God and clear my heart. For that day, I didn't cut at all... and I for once felt so at peace with myself and God. I want to do it again but I do want to ask a question about it for I really am not sure if I did it all right. The main thing is that I walked with God and did fervent prayer and study all day with Him. I didn't eat food but I have a question about water because I drank it that day. I didn't really think about it until after the fast was done but I want to do it right next time and I want to know if I suppose to drink water during a fast or if it is part of the walk. I know one day isn't a lot but I have to start somewhere. I just want to do it by God's word and I really haven't found much about that part of it. I'll look it up but you'll could really help!!!! Best Wishes. Lily00:angel: :clap:

friendofthebridegroom

Oct 8, 2003
✟7,701.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Yes, drinking water is fine during a fast. In fact, that is the most common type of fast. There are many types of fast and many different reasons for fasting. Your desire to fast to draw closer to God is the very best kind I believe. Make sure that as you fast you are not worried mostly about the rules but about how your heart moves toward God. Remember, the very fact that you want to fast brings great pleasure to the heart of God. Blessings as you continue on this journey of fasting.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks to all of you! I think I am going to do another one pretty soon. I will just start it and see what God wants me to learn while I am going through. I just want to do a closer walk with Him and as I saw the first time, fasting is a very good way to do it. Thanks a lot, I know the most important fact about fasting but it is good to know certain things like this! Thanks for the website. It should be interesting to check out. Best Wishes. Lily00:angel: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phillippians 4:13

Upvote 0