• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Just a little contest here...........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I'ddie4him

I have 500 blessings that I want to give away to the person that posts in here, Bipolar Disorder Forum, That can name 10 famous people thru history that have had Bipolar Disorder.

I'll give you the first one I know of:
Vincent Van Gogh.

This means you have to come up with 9 more people.

I am sure you will be surprised who is in this list.

I

I'ddie4him

fireaboss said:
I cheated and found a website that is FULL of famous people with all types of mental illnesses. The one that surprised me the most was Handel of Messiah fame! How could someone with this disorder and NO MEDS write such an amazing work of art?
Very true, How is a good question.
I actually have 2 lists of people, Those from the past, and those from present day. However you find these names, Is fine.
This was a way to get you folks to look around and realize that we are at such an advantage to have meds for this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People believed to have suffered with bipolar disorder, cyclothymia and major depression:

Categories of 10

Writers
HansChristian Andersen
F. Scott Fitzgerald

Graham Greene

Ernest Hemingway

William James

John Bunyan

Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain)

Charles Dickens

Leo Tolstoy

Virginia Woolf

Artists
Paul Gauguin
Hugo van der Goes

Vincent van Gogh

George Innes

Ernst Ludwig Kirchner)

Edwin Landseer

Edward Lear

Michelangelo Buonarroti

Sir David Wilkie

Anders Zorn

Poets
William Blake

Robert Burns

Emily Dickinson

T.S. Eliot

Victor Hugo

John Keats

Edgar Allan Poe

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Alfred, Lord tennyson

Dylan Thomas

Musicians
Anton Bruckner

Edward Elgar

George Frederic Handel

Giocchino Rossini

Robert Schumann

Peter Tchaikovsky

Irving Berlin

Noel Coward

Cole Porter

Kurt Cobain, musician (Nirvana)

Upvote 0
I

I'ddie4him

OK, Since we had such a active group here looking for things. I decided to bless everyone. I gave out blessings to all the folks here that participated in this. Thank you for taking the time to look up other folks thru history and present time that have this disorder. I think it's a good thing that we have the meds we have today to try to keep this monster at bay. I was diagnosed 11 years ago myself, I hope that each and everyone of you have a Joyous and Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I

I'ddie4him

fireaboss said:
Thank you! This was a great thread. Those people all accomplished so much in spite of their bi-polar -- I beat myself up every day because I don't seem to be able to accomplish anything. LOL
There is no need for that, We do accomplish something if we make it thru the day. I am on Social Security disability now, 5 major back surgeries, I have been off work for 2 years now. I can understand the feelings of inadequecy and feeling useless. DO NOT let these feelings get the best of you. Overcome it and keep on plugging. Any problems or anything, Feel free to PM me anytime.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.