Judging by Appearances

paulnoel

Grace and peace be yours in abundance!!!
Apr 5, 2005
Cambridge UK
✟10,032.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Married
A man was on a bus.
When the bus stopped a father with four children got on. The children were very unruly. They wouldn't sit still; they kept changing seats and were fighting.

The father was sitting next to a man, who was getting annoyed by the minute, thinking, "Why doesn't the father say something to control his children?"

He couldn't take it anymore and said to the father, "Your children are out of control. Why don't you do something?"

"Yes" the father replied, "I suppose I should. But you see we have just come from the hospital. Their mother died this morning, and they don't know how to handle it, and nor do I."......
(OUCH!)

So often, our judgment calls are based on outward appearances. We make them on our limited experience.
God on the other hand looks at the person's heart.

John 7;24 says this "Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment."

And Isaiah 11;3 has this to say about Christ, "He will not judge by the way things look. He will not judge by what people say."

How we long for fair treatment from others, but do we give it?

K

kaykay9.0

I personally had a similar experience a few years ago working as a PBX operator. One day a woman called and was very slow speaking and telling me who she needed to speak with. I obviously was not outwardly rude but in my mind I was very impatient thinking I wish she would hurry up!! Finally, she says something like this....Honey, I' m sorry. I just can't think very well with this brain cancer. Well, I felt very small.

Upvote 0

birdie29

Jan 8, 2012
✟8,454.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I personally had a similar experience a few years ago working as a PBX operator. One day a woman called and was very slow speaking and telling me who she needed to speak with. I obviously was not outwardly rude but in my mind I was very impatient thinking I wish she would hurry up!! Finally, she says something like this....Honey, I' m sorry. I just can't think very well with this brain cancer. Well, I felt very small.

Happened to me one time with a woman I worked with... She was older 70's or 80's and I was around 35... I used to get mad because she made me separate all of her perforated printouts for her after I ran the report... I thought, "It's her job why can't she do it?"... I really got irritated with her... Then I learned that she had really bad cramps or arthritis in her hands and that it hurt her to even bend her fingers.. less than a year later she died of cancer.

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes
people just don't want to advertise their limitations and incapacities.
We have become so intolerant and we need to be more compassionate.
Hi Ley,
Remember when you were the only one (of long-timers here) to care :hug:
to post in the thread I had here 2 months ago.
I am not a kiddo who will be permanently disabled.
(I'd kill myself, as God knows)
You cared. (& didn't call me names/label :( me) Thank you!
also -
EACH of us is different: my response to this thread:#167

And because you cared :hug: I can report those challenges,
I am able now at last to resolve :thumbsup: so I can continue my passionate :clap: PRAISE of God!

Upvote 0

leytonstones

Senior Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
✟45,429.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Hi Ley,
Remember when you were the only one (of long-timers here) to care :hug:
to post in the thread I had here 2 months ago.
I am not a kiddo who will be permanently disabled.
(I'd kill myself, as God knows)
You cared. (& didn't call me names/label :( me) Thank you!
also -
EACH of us is different: my response to this thread:#167

And because you cared :hug: I can report those challenges,
I am able now at last to resolve :thumbsup: so I can continue my passionate :clap: PRAISE of God!

How kind of you to say such nice things. You have made my day. I can't log on very much at the moment. We are all over the placegoing back and forth to my mother since my father passed away recently but you have been in my thoughts and prayers and I do hope things are improving for you. I am so behind on posts so please don't take offense anyone if I am not up to date with your news.

Blessings

Ley :hug: :hug: :hug:

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

How kind of you to say such nice things. You have made my day.
I can't log on very much at the moment. We are all over the place
going back and forth to my mother since my father passed away recently
but you have been in my thoughts and prayers and
I do hope things are improving for you. I am so behind on posts
so please don't take offense anyone if I am not up to date with your news.

Blessings Ley :hug: :hug: :hug:
You are Welcome! :hug: Sorry for all your work, but I totally understand.
Been there :thumbsup: done that! :hug: The hardest part was/is I hafta do it all :doh: myself.
But now I'm able to "reframe" it & call it partly Training :D for my goals... :clap:

Blessings to you Ley too :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That story is one of those excuse sounding deals. Bad things happening to us is no excuse for bad behavior.

Charity is no substitue for justice withheld and 2 wrongs do not make a right.

Sometimes we make excuses when we just want to be lazy with our responsibilities.

Upvote 0