U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"But even Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, did not dare accuse the devil of blasphemy, but simply said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (This took place when Michael was arguing with the devil about Moses’ body.)" Jude 1:9. (Took place on earth or some other spiritual realm because Heaven is free from sin)

"Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" Hebrews 1:14

Why was Archangel MICHAEL (a MESSENGER of GOD) ARGUING with the DEVIL (angel cast out of heaven for disobedience) about the earthly BODY of MOSES who had already gone to be with JESUS? Does this seem SILLY to anyone else? :) <3 Silly Michael. I love you. Even though the devil may have TRIED tempting you to anger and disobedience. ‪#‎CloseCall‬ <3

Thoughts? This is simply how I see it.

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Michael was acting for God, but isn't God himself. God can give him however much power he wants (kinda looks like it in Revelation 20:1-3), but hadn't in this instance. Even if he did, Michael probably would have spoken the truth in response to Satan's resistance, and no doubt Satan would have had a response to that, etc. (Job 1-2:7). Good can resist evil, but evil can also resist good.

But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. (Daniel 10:13, 1984 NIV)

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12, 1984 NIV)

There is a war in the spiritual realm because so many people have been sinning since the beginning, rather than being obedient to God. Satan and his kingdom have already been condemned and they have no rights (other than the right to exist and things related to that). However, they still have power and they illegally exert it a huge amount. (Matthew 13:24-30 for why God doesn't just end that.)

The dispute with Moses could be a narrative of something that wasn't visible on earth, but rather something happening when some Jews wanted to deal with Moses' body properly. This was at a time when the full expression of Jesus' authority over all the earth had not been revealed. It's easy to believe that Satan would have thought he had some right to Moses' body (or at least behaved like it) and had his own plans for it, presumably, although not necessarily, working through people.

Reactions: RaphaCam
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Michael was acting for God, but isn't God himself. God can give him however much power he wants (kinda looks like it in Revelation 20:1-3), but hadn't in this instance. Even if he did, Michael probably would have spoken the truth in response to Satan's resistance, and no doubt Satan would have had a response to that, etc. (Job 1-2:7). Good can resist evil, but evil can also resist good.

But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. (Daniel 10:13, 1984 NIV)

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (Ephesians 6:12, 1984 NIV)

There is a war in the spiritual realm because so many people have been sinning since the beginning, rather than being obedient to God. Satan and his kingdom have already been condemned and they have no rights (other than the right to exist and things related to that). However, they still have power and they illegally exert it a huge amount. (Matthew 13:24-30 for why God doesn't just end that.)

The dispute with Moses could be a narrative of something that wasn't visible on earth, but rather something happening when some Jews wanted to deal with Moses' body properly. This was at a time when the full expression of Jesus' authority over all the earth had not been revealed. It's easy to believe that Satan would have thought he had some right to Moses' body (or at least behaved like it) and had his own plans for it, presumably, although not necessarily, working through people.

Matthew 17:3 Jude 1:5 John 1:1-5 John 1:14-18 Duet 34:5-6 Luke 16:19-31 2 Peter 2:4

The only way people were able to be saved before Christ was through faith as God led them through every kind of trial and tribulation and obedience. God buried Moses himself (some manuscripts say "they") according to His Word. IT was clear he was dearly loved for the work he had done in faith and obedience.

"So Moses, the servant of the Lord, died there in the land of Moab, just as the Lord had said. The Lord buried him in a valley near Beth-peor in Moab, but to this day no one knows the exact place." Duet 34:5-6

I don't believe that Moses wasn't with Jesus (God) in some way. This is my interpretation when I look at the rest of the Word. I believe this to be Truth.

I think Moses died and went to a place before Jesus came for salvation (Abraham's Bosom?) which seems to have been reserved for most of the people who were dearly loved for faith by God prior to resurrection, although he may have been with God in that sense. I can't say for sure except for myself. The Rich man and Lazarus Luke 16:19-31 was before Jesus's sacrifice and Jesus told it himself while he was still alive. Moses is mentioned favorably.

Going by all of this and knowing a certain angel and his followers were completely rebellious (satan) I can only conclude that God is perfect (goes without saying) but angels can be imperfect from what I gather from His Word.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There was no resurrection of the body until after the resurrection of Jesus' body, for He is the first resurrection.
that's all it took...beat me to the punch by 15 min.

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There was no resurrection of the body until after the resurrection of Jesus' body, for He is the first resurrection.

Ok, what is your thought on the theology of transfiguration? When we "cut to the case" or "cut the crap" what we're really doing is blinding our eyes and plugging our ears to spiritual truths and spiritual realities through Gods Word. I just want to hear your thoughts since I don't know. This is what they call "tit" for a "tat". Yes, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens"

Upvote 0

RaphaCam

Netodoxy below the Equator
Mar 23, 2016
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
✟8,082.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Both the Prophet Elisha and Jesus Christ (before the cross) resurrected people.

Reactions: Victor E.
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, what is your thought on the theology of transfiguration? When we "cut to the case" or "cut the crap" what we're really doing is blinding our eyes and plugging our ears to spiritual truths and spiritual realities through Gods Word. I just want to hear your thoughts since I don't know. This is what they call "tit" for a "tat". Yes, "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens"
Most likely temporal bodies. Since Jesus was the first fruit of the resurrection. no one preceeded Him with a glorified body.
Elijah's perishable body is yet to be raised imperishable.

Upvote 0

DPMartin

Apr 12, 2013
✟15,457.00
Faith
Christian
"But even Michael, one of the mightiest of the angels, did not dare accuse the devil of blasphemy, but simply said, “The Lord rebuke you!” (This took place when Michael was arguing with the devil about Moses’ body.)" Jude 1:9. (Took place on earth or some other spiritual realm because Heaven is free from sin)

"Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?" Hebrews 1:14

Why was Archangel MICHAEL (a MESSENGER of GOD) ARGUING with the DEVIL (angel cast out of heaven for disobedience) about the earthly BODY of MOSES who had already gone to be with JESUS? Does this seem SILLY to anyone else? :) <3 Silly Michael. I love you. Even though the devil may have TRIED tempting you to anger and disobedience. ‪#‎CloseCall‬ <3

Thoughts? This is simply how I see it.

Well, Jude made reference to Enoch and what he said, and that would most likely be found in the book of Enoch. Of which any translation’s accuracy, is always in question, even though it is maintained in the Ethiopian bible. Also, books like the book of Jasher and the book of Jubilees may have some info on what was going on with Michael dealing with the body of Moses. The Devil’s domain is death and darkness, and may have thought to have some claim there, considering no one saw Moses die.

But that verse in particular has some interesting insight, note that Jude points out that Michael who is in the constant presence of Righteousness, doesn’t accuse what anyone would see as accusable. Jesus didn’t accuse the adulterous woman who was caught red handed. He told her straight out that He didn’t accuse her, and pointed out that there was no accuser’s present. He who is the Judge, is not the accuser.

Kind of like if someone is throwing a party at their house, and as long as the neighbors aren’t complaining to the police, the police don’t care, no one was offended, no one goes to jail. Hence if no one has a case against you there is no judgment against you necessary. Therefore, it is especially unwise to accuse one’s self, considering there are plenty available to do so. In the Lord’s court, He expects the victim to ask for Mercy for the perpetrator. Because He Himself allowed Himself to be a victim of the wrath of men for man’s sakes, that men may receive the Mercy of God unto eternal Life.

Upvote 0