Judaizing Gods law, or 613 Mitzvot/613 Commandments...

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
OK - no one reminded me. But here it is anyway. A miracle: I remembered myself.

"Is the Law sin?"
https://www.sonofdavid.org/podcast/is-the-law-sin/

I think that he made some good points about the allusions to Adam, however Paul spoke about the concept of law of sin, which I think is instrumental in determining which law he was speaking about. In Romans 7:21-25, Paul said that he delighted in obeying God's Law and that he served it with his mind, but contrasted that with the law of sin and death that held him captive and that he served with his flesh. This was a conclusion form what he said previously, so it is the law of sin that came about to stir up sinful passions to bear fruit unto death (7:5), that held us captive (7:6), that gave sin its power (7:8), that deceived Paul through the commandment and slew him (7:11), and that caused him not to do the good that he wanted to do (7:13-20), while God's Law is not sin, but reveals what sin is (7:7), is holy, righteous, and good (7:12), is the good that Paul did not blame for bringing death to him (7:13), and is the good that he wanted to do (7:13-20).

Romans 6:14 For sin will have no dominion over you, since you are not under law but under grace.

Paul specified the Law that we aren't under was one where sin had dominion over us, which does not at all fit his description of God's holy, righteous, and good Law, which he delighted in obeying, which he directly said was not sin, but rather it perfectly matches his description of the law of sin. In Psalms 119:29, David asked God to show his grace to him by teaching him to obey His Law and in Titus 2:11-14, our salvation involves being trained by grace to do what perfectly fits Paul's description of God's holy, righteous, and good Law, so when we are under grace we are under God's Law and not under the law of sin.

Upvote 0