Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have just listened to three hours of Joyce Meyer for the first time in around 20 years. I have read articles and posts that say she is a false teacher. I don't believe a word of them.

She is an honest, straight talker, and challenges fake Christianity. She is honest about the struggles and challenges she has had in her personal and family life and what God has taught her over the years.

Her ministry is Christ-centred, and I felt that my soul was fed, and that my spirit was being set free. I believe that those who criticise her and accuse her of falsehood, because they are envious of her in that she has got what they haven't got. They are also jealous of her because she has a successful ministry and can fill stadiums with people wanting to hear her and loving her ministry.

She is a woman of the Word, and she lives what she preaches.

I don't think I want to be next in line after her in the Judgment!

I

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have just listened to three hours of Joyce Meyer for the first time in around 20 years. I have read articles and posts that say she is a false teacher. I don't believe a word of them.

She is an honest, straight talker, and challenges fake Christianity. She is honest about the struggles and challenges she has had in her personal and family life and what God has taught her over the years.

Her ministry is Christ-centred, and I felt that my soul was fed, and that my spirit was being set free. I believe that those who criticise her and accuse her of falsehood, because they are envious of her in that she has got what they haven't got. They are also jealous of her because she has a successful ministry and can fill stadiums with people wanting to hear her and loving her ministry.

I

What do people say is false in her ideas?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
All they can say is that she is a false teacher, but they can't specify exactly what is false about her. I am now listening at this moment to the 4th hour of her preaching, and I have not encountered anything false in what she preaches.

I think that the demonic spirit of criticism slags off men and women of God, but are very vague about the details.

I am currently listening to her preaching about the authority of the believer, and she sticks right to Scripture. She says that the devil hates her, and she hates the devil. I believe her.

It is getting to 11:30pm and my disappointment is that I have to go to bed before hearing the end of the message because there is 35 more minutes to go.

I am pretty disriminating at what I spend time listening to as far as preachers go. After 50 years of hearing preachers, I have heard it all, and a lot of stuff I've heard before is just plainly boring to me. But I am find Joyce Meyer really feeding my soul and I really do sense that the Holy Spirit is speaking through her (for me anyone).

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most of the criticism I have heard about her is the fact that she is a woman and should not be preaching/teaching because of that. Others have said she is a WOF and therefore wrong. Having been in a WOF congregation for several years, I do not see the excesses and other problematic doctrines of WOF coming from her.

IMO she is a fine teacher of the Word.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All they can say is that she is a false teacher, but they can't specify exactly what is false about her. I am now listening at this moment to the 4th hour of her preaching, and I have not encountered anything false in what she preaches.

I think that the demonic spirit of criticism slags off men and women of God, but are very vague about the details.

I am currently listening to her preaching about the authority of the believer, and she sticks right to Scripture. She says that the devil hates her, and she hates the devil. I believe her.

It is getting to 11:30pm and my disappointment is that I have to go to bed before hearing the end of the message because there is 35 more minutes to go.

I am pretty disriminating at what I spend time listening to as far as preachers go. After 50 years of hearing preachers, I have heard it all, and a lot of stuff I've heard before is just plainly boring to me. But I am find Joyce Meyer really feeding my soul and I really do sense that the Holy Spirit is speaking through her (for me anyone).
In light of the book of acts .. The life of Christ as our Supreme example ..the great commission ..etc
From what iv heard of her "which is not a lot"
Id view her sermons as more a christianese motivational speaker .

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Most of the criticism I have heard about her is the fact that she is a woman and should not be preaching/teaching because of that. Others have said she is a WOF and therefore wrong. Having been in a WOF congregation for several years, I do not see the excesses and other problematic doctrines of WOF coming from her.

I'm finding that out and her teaching is really building me up. It is interesting that she says she may be a hotshot when she preaches, but at home she is subject to her husband, and she says her ministry only took off when when learned to be subject to her husband. That impresses me. She is honest and realistic about herself, challenges phony Christians, believes that people should be the same at home as they are at church, and that feelings should not rule us, but that we have control over our feelings.

I an detecting that there is a real spirit of encouragement in Christ in her teaching.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I an detecting that there is a real spirit of encouragement in Christ in her teaching.
Indeed. I have 2 daughters that really like her. (And one spiritual daughter as well)

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In light of the book of acts .. The life of Christ as our Supreme example ..the great commission ..etc
From what iv heard of her "which is not a lot"
Id view her sermons as more a christianese motivational speaker .
I have sat through nearly four hours of her ministry, and I sense a real spirit of encouragement in her teaching. I believe that there is a real place for Christian encouragement, and to be who we should be in Christ. I am not viewing her with a critical spirit. I am just relaxing and letting her ministry feed my spirit.

I have an M.A. and an M.Div. so I'm not uneducated in Christian doctrine and life. If there was anything not right with her preaching, I would know. She is an honest preacher who preaches from her heart. If I could preach in my church half as good as her, I would be blessed and praising God!

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Indeed. I have 2 daughters that really like her. (And one spiritual daughter as well)
All her children have received the Lord, and they have the greatest love and respect for her. That shows her true character in Christ. I love her story about her father sexually abusing her as a child, and then when her parents were in their 70s, God told her to buy them a good house and to make sure they were looked after. She and her husband were invited to Thanksgiving dinner, after 45 years of little contact, and when they arrived, the father sobbed and asked forgiveness, which she accepted, and then he accepted Christ and was utterly transformed into the sweetest man she could know! When you hear stories like that, I am convinced that her Christianity is practical and real. That is why her preaching is such good quality and that the Holy Spirit can speak through it to great effect.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen Oscarr. I agree.

I frequently “prescribe” her “Who I am in Christ” list of statements to people who are struggling in their faith.

• Informative
Reactions: Tom 1
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Her and Joel are false teachers/half gospel preachers. They may lead people to the Lord but they are misguiding them about how to live
Those who criticize a ministry like Joyce Meyer need to examine themselves to see what spirit they are of.
Let's see a Youtube video of you teaching so I can view it and evaluate the spirit behind it, to see if it equal to the standard of Joyce Meye's Biblical teaching.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
if some think that Joyce Meyer is just a half-baked motivational speaker, then the Apostle Paul must be too, because the four hours of preaching I have heard so far from her is based mainly on what Paul is teaching in his letters. He was very motivational for Christ in his letters. She is just following Paul and Paul is following Jesus.

Oh, by the way, I have extensively read many of the 17th Century Puritan authors, and boy they were motivational too!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have sat through nearly four hours of her ministry, and I sense a real spirit of encouragement in her teaching. I believe that there is a real place for Christian encouragement, and to be who we should be in Christ. I am not viewing her with a critical spirit. I am just relaxing and letting her ministry feed my spirit.

I have an M.A. and an M.Div. so I'm not uneducated in Christian doctrine and life. If there was anything not right with her preaching, I would know. She is an honest preacher who preaches from her heart. If I could preach in my church half as good as her, I would be blessed and praising God!
Oscarr..you should know better then to flash letters in front of me . they mean nothing to me what so ever.

But let the manifestation of he power of God accompany the preaching of the Gospel.

..a Christian should be the same at home as they ate in church ??? Perhaps some are... Rich and comfortable in boh places.
Paul declared himself to be a poor preacher ... Ability to speak in public is no measure at all . 1 person talking all the time to the masses of admirers can be a dangerous monologue...
I dont know much of the puritan preachers.. But i do know of those who preached to the loss of all thier possesion ,thier families and thier heads.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Love Joyce, listen to her all the time...

She's awesome, and all she has had to deal with and where she is now is just amazing...

I would honestly have to say she is my favorite out of all of them...

She is doing exactly what she is supposed to be doing too with all her wealth and success she has now too...

She's a very honest preacher, and a woman of the Word, and lives it, ect, can't say enough good things about her...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok i took a look at your links.
But im going to cease my judgment of joyce meyer at my assessment of being a christianese motivational speaker.Something is lacking but in the end its not for me to be concern ed but that i myself preach without that lack.
But your links i found to be very fickle and shallow with no real substance in regard to any false doctrine.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟455,120.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the criticism starts with these kind of preachers because: the mansions and luxury life style. People don't like preachers grabing money from church to build mansions and stuff.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think the criticism starts with these kind of preachers because: the mansions and luxury life style. People don't like preachers grabing money from church to build mansions and stuff.
Its never been a good look.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I
She is a wise and seasoned Christian older woman, and has a whole lot of wisdom to impart. She has been through the wringer. She isn't one of these 30 year olds with one baby who wants to tell you how to do life. She knows whereof she speaks, and there is hardly a battle she hasn't been through and come out

She and Dave tried to flip roles once, under the demands of some church people. It didn't go well for either. He hates to talk and she couldn't shut up, she says. :) She submits to him though and he told her to get back up there; that's her place.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.