Vellore, India
✟664,706.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear friends, it’s good to be back with all of you :). In the backdrop of the terrible events that have unfolded in Las Vegas last weekend, I’d like to request all the saints to lift up the victims and their families in prayer. I won’t venture a guess as to why this has happened but would like to assure all of you that God Himself will wipe away all our tears (Revelation 21:4).

Most of you would have been on long road trips. And as most of you may have experienced, these trips can be fun, thrilling, adventurous, confusing, and sometimes downright scary! Our journey with God is somewhat similar to that long road trip. We know where we started and what our destination is. But the journey is filled with so many twists and turns that it’d make a thriller look boring.

For a biblical illustration of a soul’s journey with God, I’d like for us to study the life of the Prophet Moses. The life and works of Moses are recorded in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. But I’d like for us to focus on his early life in the book of Exodus. Moses was born into a Levite family that was held in captivity and slavery in Egypt (Exodus 2:1-2). Moses’ radiance at birth was obvious to his mother and she knew that he was a child of destiny (Exodus 2:2). Every blood washed and born again saint is a child of destiny. The reason many Christians walk around in gloom and depression is that they haven’t realized their destiny in Christ (Ephesians 2:10, 1 Peter 2:9). Once they see themselves as God sees them (John 14:12, Romans 8:37) nothing on this earth will ever make them depressed, self-conscious, insecure or doubtful ever again.

When a child of God is in God’s will, the Lord will make others, even pagans, favorable to them. Exodus 2:6 tells us that Pharaoh’s daughter “….felt sorry for him.” Here is the crown princess of Egypt whose father had been enriching himself by enslaving the Hebrews and she defies her father by feeling sorry for and later adopting a Hebrew child (Exodus 2:10). Not every saint may have a spectacular beginning, but the end is most certainly glorious (Romans 8:30, 2 Corinthians 3:18, Psalm 34:5). If God Almighty could take the son of a Hebrew slave and shake the Egyptian empire to its foundation, then try and imagine what He could do with you and I.

The journey with God could also involve some unexpected twists and turns (like taking a wrong exit). Sometimes we know what God’s will is for our lives, but instead of patiently waiting upon the Lord we tend to run ahead of him and get ourselves into trouble. In Exodus 2:11-15 we see one such incident where Moses murdered a fellow Egyptian to rescue an Israelite. Compare this modus-operandi with that of the Lord Jesus who never hurt anyone but gently led justice to victory (Isaiah 42:3). This chain of events cascaded into a series of events that prompted Moses to flee into exile in Midian (Exodus 2:15). This was certainly not God’s perfect will (Ephesians 4:23), but the Lord did allow it and some fascinating events took place. It’s like taking the wrong exit and running into some unscheduled, fun and adventure filled events. Midian, in so far as the Israelites were concerned, was a heathen and pagan nation and God Almighty ordered the Hebrews to exterminate it (Numbers 31). In Exodus 2:16-17 Moses runs into some unexpected trouble but ends up rescuing the daughters of the Midianite priest and marries one of them (Exodus 2:21-22). Has anyone ever told you that one could find love in the strangest places? This just goes to prove that God’s will can defy all logic and conventional wisdom (we see something similar to this in the story of Boaz and Ruth’s wedding, through whom came the Lord Jesus Christ). God’s permissive will was painful for Moses. Pharaoh’s adopted son had to become an outcast and royalty had to dwell among shepherds. But this exile taught Moses some valuable lessons for the future (like shepherding the Israelites later).

A journey with God almost always involved some supernatural, cosmic or Divine event. These don’t happen all the time but when they do happen they shake the foundations of our faith. Moses’ encounter with the burning bush in Exodus 3 was tailored to his particular proclivities. Moses’ curiosity was aroused because here was a bush on fire that simply didn’t burn to dust and ashes. Paul had a different vision. He saw the risen Christ in all His resplendent glory and was struck with temporary blindness (Acts 9:1-8). How we see the Lord depends upon our spiritual condition at that time and not necessarily the Lord Himself (Psalm 18:26). One thing that’s certain is that an encounter with God, no matter when it happens in your journey with God, alters you profoundly. Saul the Pharisee became Paul the Apostle. Moses the eighty year old Bedouin shepherd became Moses the Prophet. Always be on the lookout for God to reveal Himself at unexpected times and in inexplicable ways, for therein lies the secret to our walk with God (Genesis 5:24).

The journey with God will almost always lead us to the point of spiritual and sometimes physical exhaustion. Moses had started out quite ambitiously killing an Egyptian, but now he was a reluctant old man (Exodus 4:13) who had to be rebuked by the Lord to do that which he was eager to do forty years ago. God can never use us in our strength. We have to be emptied of all our natural abilities and strength before He can fill us with His Holy Spirit (Mark 2:22, 2 Corinthians 4:7-9). If like Moses, you feel that your journey with God has worn you out and led you into a dead end, then rejoice, because God is about to get started with you. Our extremities are God’s opportunities.

It turned out to be a longer post than I expected saints. But I just wanted to encourage you (and in the process myself) on your journey with God.

Dear friends, I’m quite certain that all of you are sanctified, Holy Ghost baptized saints. Should there be any amongst you that don’t know the Lord yet, I pray that the Lord of the Universe will set you free from sin and disobedience into His glorious light and freedom. Amen.

Finally friends, my intention in this writing was only to illustrate some concepts and not incriminate anybody in anyway. I apologize if some or all of this content offended you in anyway, as my intention was quite the opposite

PS: Thanks for taking the time to read my scribble saints. If you find a lot of similarities between this writing and those of Rev. Oswald Chambers, that’s because the late Rev. Chambers is my mentor. Dear friends, please forgive me if I don’t respond to your mails and debates. I’m a full time college professor and haven’t the time to debate (that and I’m not very good at it.) “For He will command His Angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways…… (Psalm 91:11).” Amen

Reactions: WilliamBo