Jorge Ramos, Avowed 'enemy' to Trump, says he's now having the 'worst time' of his life in US

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "Karma always wins", files: Jorge Ramos Says He’s Now Having the ‘Worst Time’ of His Life in U.S.

Ramos, who proclaimed himself “if not an enemy, an opponent” of Trump in the interview, complained about the massive blowback he has received since deciding to use his media platforms to openly oppose the choice of over 62 million American voters in last year’s U.S. presidential election.
“Now the social media networks are terrible,” Ramos told his Spanish radio interviewer, Javier del Pino. “Before if someone wanted to insult you, they had to do it in person or by sending you an anonymous letter. Now they do it through the social media networks and the daily insults – you can enter my Facebook or Twitter – and they are there all the time,” lamented Ramos
Imagine that. It was OK for you to do non-stop insulting ... but you don't like it when you're insulted. Bummer ...

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Read the article - I think you are taking it out of context.

“With Donald Trump there, I have never been treated so badly. I have never been insulted so much. We’ve never been attacked so much. They have never tried to run us out as much as now,” Ramos vented in an interview with the Spanish radio network Cadena SER.​

He goes on to recall when candidate Trump wanted him thrown out of a press conference, and he was removed, but then let back in because it was against the constitution.

JORGE RAMOS: No, no, no, but without the slightest doubt. With Donald, with Donald Trump there, I have never been treated so badly. I have never been insulted so much. We’ve never been attacked so much. They have never tried to run us out as much as now. It is without a doubt the worst moment.

Many in the press agree with him. Trump is trying to wage war with the press, and some of his followers are attacking individual journalists and more.

I think most who do not follow Trump believe we are in a dark hour

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I think most who believe that didn't realize just how dark things had become under Obama.

People who believed that are just the conservative versions of people who are saying that about Trunp.

Upvote 0

Terminal_Marxicity

Dec 16, 2017
Texas
✟17,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Read the article - I think you are taking it out of context.

“With Donald Trump there, I have never been treated so badly. I have never been insulted so much. We’ve never been attacked so much. They have never tried to run us out as much as now,” Ramos vented in an interview with the Spanish radio network Cadena SER.​

He goes on to recall when candidate Trump wanted him thrown out of a press conference, and he was removed, but then let back in because it was against the constitution.

JORGE RAMOS: No, no, no, but without the slightest doubt. With Donald, with Donald Trump there, I have never been treated so badly. I have never been insulted so much. We’ve never been attacked so much. They have never tried to run us out as much as now. It is without a doubt the worst moment.

Many in the press agree with him. Trump is trying to wage war with the press, and some of his followers are attacking individual journalists and more.

I think most who do not follow Trump believe we are in a dark hour

Except tossing a disrespectful moron out of a press conference is in no way a violation of the Constitution.

And the mainstream corporate legacy media is one of, if not the biggest enemy to the American people that exists. We rely on them for unbiased information and they serve only the lies their corporate overlords and the government wants us to have.

They've become little more than war propagandists.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It could be worse: imagine if he'd opposed Sec Clinton, it would have been 65 million Americans mad at him. Good thing he opposed the candidate with the smaller amount of supporters, huh? :wave:
tulc(true, the spelling would probably be better if they were Sec. Clinton supporters, but still!) :sorry:

• Winner
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Except tossing a disrespectful moron out of a press conference is in no way a violation of the Constitution.
I know you're banned at the moment but maybe someone else can answer my question. I'd like to know just what Jorge Ramos did to Trump that was so disrespectful. Was it at least as disrespectful as calling Mexican immigrants "rapists and murderers"?

Also, really?? moron?... You can't claim the moral high ground of respect and then call someone a moron in the same breath. It doesn't work that way.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(shrugs) I honestly find his statements hard to believe. There are tons of ugliness out there on social media, and he is just now concerned? I don't trust media types. They all have motives.

From what I remember of him getting kicked out of the news conference? He was shouting out his questions, and he was told he was out of turn. Trump was speaking to others. He kept persisting and persisting in interruption. He was being reminded again. I found the man rude to his colleagues. They were also there to do this job too . I don't know about those types of venues, but I wouldn't enable that type of behavior...or else it would continue. lol I thought of it as 'reporter' time out! He was able to come back. Ask his question, and move on.

Now more than a year later he is upset that social media has idiots present? I have to believe that most media types of his popularity get slammed a regular basis. I know it was downright ugly during the last term for President too. There are loads of morons out there.

I have to wonder if he is after some facetime.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Trump supporters seem to have a real double-standard when it comes to defining what constitutes respect and what constitutes acceptable treatment of the president.

Apparently, if it's a black liberal in office, it's reasonable to circulate wild theories about his citizenship, accuse him of being a traitor and a Marxist, and suggest that he's a terrorist sympathizer.

However, when it's one of their guys in office, evidently the expectations change and nobody is allowed to say anything critical, and the press is an enemy of the state if they publish anything less than total and unabashed glorification of the president and accept everything he says as gospel truth.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You do realise that Trump is a corporate overload, don’t you?

It doesn't count if they share their religious view and claim to hate all of the right people.

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the "Karma always wins", files: Jorge Ramos Says He’s Now Having the ‘Worst Time’ of His Life in U.S.

Ramos, who proclaimed himself “if not an enemy, an opponent” of Trump in the interview, complained about the massive blowback he has received since deciding to use his media platforms to openly oppose the choice of over 62 million American voters in last year’s U.S. presidential election.
“Now the social media networks are terrible,” Ramos told his Spanish radio interviewer, Javier del Pino. “Before if someone wanted to insult you, they had to do it in person or by sending you an anonymous letter. Now they do it through the social media networks and the daily insults – you can enter my Facebook or Twitter – and they are there all the time,” lamented Ramos
Imagine that. It was OK for you to do non-stop insulting ... but you don't like it when you're insulted. Bummer ...

Imagine a journalist who had the cajones to confront Trump in person....as opposed the social media trolls...

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Imagine a journalist who had the cajones to confront Trump in person....as opposed the social media trolls...
QFT

Jorge Ramos was doing is job as a reporter. A reporter does not have to just say nice things about a public figure. Ramos was critical of Trump's bigoted comments about immigrant Mexicans, and Trump didn't like it. Like a child, Trump had Ramos removed from a campaign press conference in violation of the first amendment and Ramos was then allowed back in by a staffer who recognized it was not okay.

So the social media trolls went to work.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
QFT

Jorge Ramos was doing is job as a reporter. A reporter does not have to just say nice things about a public figure. Ramos was critical of Trump's bigoted comments about immigrant Mexicans, and Trump didn't like it. Like a child, Trump had Ramos removed from a campaign press conference in violation of the first amendment and Ramos was then allowed back in by a staffer who recognized it was not okay.

So the social media trolls went to work.

(Shrugs) I remember this.

There was no violation of his rights. lol! He was speaking out of turn, and was asked to leave when he wouldn't stop. I have no problem with that - it's called a boundary. He might have been critical of Trump's statements - which is completely fine - yet you do NOT disrespect your fellow colleagues by interrupting their questions.

It was rude to not only Trump, but more importantly to his fellow colleagues there to do the same thing.

Trump has done some stupid things, and said really stupid stuff. He won't get defended here over that, but Ramos was out of line. No reporter has EVER felt they had to say 'nice things' about a public figure before. That's not their job.

If Ramos only got insulted and had trolls throw junk on his social media AFTER this circumstance happened? He should consider himself lucky. It happens to all them (public personalities) all the time, and that started once social media started. Personally? I find that hard to believe it started just this last year. No one is that special.

Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0