Jordan Peterson suspended from Twitter, says it might as well be a ban: 'I won’t apologize'

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,830.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I can’t be let back on because I won’t apologize, I could care less,' Jordan Peterson told National Post after Twitter suspended his account over a tweet about Elliot Page

Jordan Peterson has been temporarily suspended from using Twitter after the social media platform said he violated the site’s hateful conduct policy.

On June 28, the controversial author, clinical psychologist and professor emeritus at the University of Toronto lost access to most of his Twitter account features because of a tweet he posted earlier in the week that used transgender actor Elliot Page’s former name and suggested he had his “breasts removed by a criminal physician.”

The tweet was in response to an article posted to Twitter by the New York Post in which Page said he is proud to introduce a trans character on Umbrella Academy, the Netflix show he stars in.

“I penned an irritated tweet in response to one of the latest happenings on the increasingly heated culture war front,” Peterson told National Post.

As far as Peterson is concerned, the temporary suspension might as well have been a ban because he would “rather die” than delete the tweet in question, he said.

Continued below.
Jordan Peterson suspended from Twitter, says it might as well be a ban | National Post