Jordan Peterson: A Christian Who is Afraid There is a God?

Dale

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟666,787.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Jordan Peterson is a famous Canadian psychologist, widely regarded as a conservative and a traditionalist. He has criticized new Canadian legislation on gender. Peterson is a clinical psychologist and he has been sanctioned by the College of Psychologists of Ontario, which has regulatory authority. Apparently these sanctions have been blown out of proportion in some news reports.

I have seen video of Jordan Peterson on Youtube and been somewhat confused about what he believes. In a Wikipedia article on Peterson, under Religion:

<< In a 2017 interview, Peterson was asked if he was a Christian; he responded, "I suppose the most straight-forward answer to that is yes." When asked if he believes in God, Peterson responded: "I think the proper response to that is no, but I'm afraid He might exist." >>

Perhaps it would be better to describe Jordan Peterson as an agnostic who leans towards Christianity.

Jordan Peterson - Wikipedia

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Jordan Peterson is a famous Canadian psychologist, widely regarded as a conservative and a traditionalist. He has criticized new Canadian legislation on gender. Peterson is a clinical psychologist and he has been sanctioned by the College of Psychologists of Ontario, which has regulatory authority. Apparently these sanctions have been blown out of proportion in some news reports.

I have seen video of Jordan Peterson on Youtube and been somewhat confused about what he believes. In a Wikipedia article on Peterson, under Religion:

<< In a 2017 interview, Peterson was asked if he was a Christian; he responded, "I suppose the most straight-forward answer to that is yes." When asked if he believes in God, Peterson responded: "I think the proper response to that is no, but I'm afraid He might exist." >>

Perhaps it would be better to describe Jordan Peterson as an agnostic who leans towards Christianity.

Jordan Peterson - Wikipedia
You need to check out some more recent interviews. He is much more definite about his belief in God now. He certainly believes in Biblical principles. It's not surprising that the woke Canadian government is intent on silencing him. And woke progressives everywhere are relentlessly opposed to him. The problem they have is that he relies on truth and facts, not hidebound ideology. He has a similar outlook to Ben Shapiro in many ways. If I could keep up with Ben's speech, I'd listen to him more often!

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

Riot42

Sep 20, 2023
Flower Mound
✟28,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jordan Peterson could not answer the question "Does God exist" on broadcast television. This should be the easiest question for any of us to answer, infact it is required of us. Imagine having the chance to answer that before millions of people and glorify Christ and not taking it..

Matthew 10:33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

Upvote 0

Merrill

Mar 25, 2023
Chicago
✟56,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how sincere Peterson's embrace of Christianity is. His audience consists of many Christian conservatives.

but let's hope he has found peace with God and is moving in the right direction

as one who has backslid myself when I was younger, and who was a lukewarm Christian, I will not cast any stone or make any judgment on Jordan

Upvote 0