Dec 16, 2003
Tempe, AZ
✟1,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Creationist2004.

Yes, I do believe that Jonah ended up inside the belly of a sea creature. But rememeber that this creature was specially prepared:

(Jonah 1:17) Now the LORD had prepared a great fish to swallow up Jonah. And Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights.​

Just as God had prepared this "fish", He prepared the gourd, prepared the worm, and prepared the vehement east wind (Jonah 4:6-8).

But of course their is a lesson in this. If God has called someone out to do a certain thing, usually one of the elect, then He will make certain that that elect person does it.

(Rom 8:27-28) And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God. {28} And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Upvote 0

christian-only

defender of the rebirth
Mar 20, 2004
✟1,017.00
Faith
Christian
(Jonah 2:2) "And he said: I cried out to the LORD because of my affliction, And He answered me. Out of the belly of Sheol [i.e., the world of the dead] I cried, And You heard my voice."

Some people don't believe the story because they say Jonah couldn't have survived in the belly of a whale 3 days. Who says he survived??? Looks to me like he died, and when God had the thing spit him up, He resurrected him!

Upvote 0

@@Paul@@

The Key that Fits:Acts 28
Mar 24, 2004
Seattle
✟11,081.00
Faith
Baptist
christian-only said:
Some people don't believe the story because they say Jonah couldn't have survived in the belly of a whale 3 days. Who says he survived??? Looks to me like he died, and when God had the thing spit him up, He resurrected him!

I never really thought of that... I always pictured him in some giant whale. uhm. :scratch:
Now this makes a little more sense.
Matt 12:40
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
KJV​

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.