John the Baptist, will rule for the rest of time (before God).

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So we have an account of John the Baptist, that he died upholding the law,, but very few have stopped to think what the Resurrection of the John the Baptist might mean. Elijah is considered one and the same (the same as John), by Jesus and we must expect that the messenger will come first, for the children of the Holy Spirit. But put these two things together: where does the messenger come from, if he has died serving the Lord? How will he be messenger to the Holy Spirit, unless he is first resurrected? The one purpose of God, is for men to see their sin, in the light of the Holy Spirit, the Male Child, the Given Spirit.

What did John say of the Lord's coming? "Make His paths straight"! How can we expect him to have a lesser message, of the Holy Spirit - he can only have greater. As Jesus said "I go to my father and my Father is greater than I" and "if I go to my father, I can send the Holy Spirit to you" - if from the Father, how not greater and if on behalf of the Holy Spirit, how not greater in message? So John waits for resurrection, as much as the faith, waits for the Holy Spirit. But if the Holy Spirit will come, how can it not be for a greater resurrection, for John?

And what is a greater resurrection, but that like Jesus, John will come to rule? And if there is a ruler in John - just as he was said to be dressed ready for rule, by Jesus - and there is a greater resurrection, how not a greater rule? As Jesus said "greater works will you do, because I go to the Father". A greater rule and a greater resurrection go together, how can it not be, for us and being for us, moreso for all those with us, expecting the same! This then becomes a mystery: how does God rule, if none can rule greater than John? Is it by a word? Or is it before "Word"? But Word was from the beginning, so it can only be that John was seen in God, in the beginning,, until God was seen in Himself.

This is the light that comes into the world, and stays in the world a little, till God comes and the greater light in Him restores him who came before, to the glory that was less than God, but not without him.

Reactions: Tone

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 19
"7Let us rejoice and be glad and give Him the glory. For the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His bride has made herself ready. 8She was given clothing of fine linen, bright and pure.” For the fine linen she wears is the righteous acts of the saints. 9Then the angel told me to write, “Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.” And he said to me, “These are the true words of God. 10So I fell at his feet to worship him. But he told me, “Do not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brothers who rely on the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. 11Then I saw heaven standing open, and there before me was a white horse. And its rider is called Faithful and True. With righteousness He judges and wages war."

I believe John is in there somewhere...preparing the Bride:

Genesis 24
"1By now Abraham was old and well along in years, and the LORD had blessed him in every way. 2So Abraham instructed the chief servant of his household, who managed all he owned, “Place your hand under my thigh, 3and I will have you swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites among whom I am dwelling, 4but will go to my country and my kindred to take a wife for my son Isaac.” 5The servant asked him, “What if the woman is unwilling to follow me to this land?"

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi there,

So we have an account of John the Baptist, that he died upholding the law,, but very few have stopped to think what the Resurrection of the John the Baptist might mean. Elijah is considered one and the same (the same as John), by Jesus and we must expect that the messenger will come first, for the children of the Holy Spirit. But put these two things together: where does the messenger come from, if he has died serving the Lord? How will he be messenger to the Holy Spirit, unless he is first resurrected? The one purpose of God, is for men to see their sin, in the light of the Holy Spirit, the Male Child, the Given Spirit.

What did John say of the Lord's coming? "Make His paths straight"! How can we expect him to have a lesser message, of the Holy Spirit - he can only have greater. As Jesus said "I go to my father and my Father is greater than I" and "if I go to my father, I can send the Holy Spirit to you" - if from the Father, how not greater and if on behalf of the Holy Spirit, how not greater in message? So John waits for resurrection, as much as the faith, waits for the Holy Spirit. But if the Holy Spirit will come, how can it not be for a greater resurrection, for John?

And what is a greater resurrection, but that like Jesus, John will come to rule? And if there is a ruler in John - just as he was said to be dressed ready for rule, by Jesus - and there is a greater resurrection, how not a greater rule? As Jesus said "greater works will you do, because I go to the Father". A greater rule and a greater resurrection go together, how can it not be, for us and being for us, moreso for all those with us, expecting the same! This then becomes a mystery: how does God rule, if none can rule greater than John? Is it by a word? Or is it before "Word"? But Word was from the beginning, so it can only be that John was seen in God, in the beginning,, until God was seen in Himself.

This is the light that comes into the world, and stays in the world a little, till God comes and the greater light in Him restores him who came before, to the glory that was less than God, but not without him.
I do not understand your point. John prepared the way for the Lord Jesus. Lord Jesus was exalted and received the Holy Spirit. Lord Jesus poured out the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost. John was a prophet. There is nothing mystical about him.

"I say to you, among those born of women there is no one greater than John; yet he who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he." Luke 7:28

How so? Because only those who are born again can see the Kingdom of God.

Every born again Christian is a messenger. We are the Body, Christ is the Head.

Upvote 0