Visit site
✟393,562.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Arizonan warrior politician, who survived plane crashes, several bouts of skin cancer and brushes with political oblivion, often seemed to be perpetually waging a race against time and his own mortality while striving to ensure that his five-and-a-half years as a Vietnam prisoner of war did not stand as the defining experience of his life.
He spent his last few months out of the public eye in his adopted home state of Arizona, reflecting on the meaning of his life and accepting visits from a stream of friends and old political combatants.
In a memoir published in May, McCain wrote that he hated to leave the world, but had no complaints.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/25/politics/john-mccain-obituary/index.html

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,191,018.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Asked how he wanted to be remembered, McCain said: "He served his country, and not always right -- made a lot of mistakes, made a lot of errors -- but served his country, and, I hope we could add, honorably."

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Rest in Peace, Senator McCain. Our country owes you a debt of gratitude for your tireless commitment to her. I may not have agreed with your politics but I've never doubted your patriotism and your tenacity is something to hold up to the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
There goes one of the last righteous ones.
I may not have agreed with everything McCain advocated, but I never doubted his integrity or his sincerity for doing what he felt was right and best for America.

I just wish more of our politicians were more like him.

Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The last page of McCain's book -- nothing else can show what a good man we all lost:

McCain last page.jpg

Upvote 0

Drifter Kybe Scythe Kane

Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2017
boston
✟50,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
A great man...really like the time when he said to that one woman talking trash about obama that what she said about him was false and that obama is a decent man. great service to the country from john mccain...one of the great republicans of i think all time. he led the republican party with honor and dignity...it's a shame he passed but all humans so far has eventually passed away.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0