Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

What is this all about?

———————————-

Born of water: the truth inside you, FROM the Lord. TRUTH, or true faith. Only available from the Lord, NOWHERE else.

(Nothing to do with baptism)

John 4:14

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

————————————

Born of the Spirit: a LIFE according to that truth.

Are we a “sheep” (a life of kindness and goodness) or a “goat”?

Matthew 25:33

And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

Matthew 25:34

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Matthew 25:40:

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

————————————-

One MUST DO good towards others. This is true worship of the Lord.

Otherwise, one is depicted as a goat:

Matthew 25:45:

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

(Those who did NOT DO)

Matthew 24:46:

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

—————————————-

This tells us what TRUE worship of the Lord entails.

TRUE worship is a life of goodness towards others, the ONLY path to eternal life.

We must examine ourselves, to see if we are TRULY worshiping the Lord:

Matthew 15:8-9:

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

The mouth and lips can speak all kinds of lies and deceptions, but the Lord knows the heart, and a heart NEAR the Lord will not worship Him in vain.

• Informative
Reactions: jacks

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Born of water the person's original birth, born of spirit is the person's second birth. That occurs when they trust in The Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life. They become a born again believer, a child of God.

That brings up the question, do aborted babies experience the first birth of water.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,745.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

What is this all about?

———————————-

Born of water: the truth inside you, FROM the Lord. TRUTH, or true faith. Only available from the Lord, NOWHERE else.

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

————————————

Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

————————————-

Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

(Those who did NOT DO)

And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

—————————————-

TRUE worship is a life of goodness towards others, the ONLY path to eternal life.

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

The mouth and lips can speak all kinds of lies and deceptions, but the Lord knows the heart, and a heart NEAR the Lord will not worship Him in vain.

You can understand John's specific emphasis on being born again, as inextricably linked to Israel's relationship with God.

Their father, Abraham, was barren. Naturally, at his ripe old age, he could no longer have children.

God had to supernaturally intervene in his life to enable him to give birth to Issac.

Thru Issac, thru Jacob, thru his 12 sons, the nation literally came into existence.

Exodus 4:22 had a very insightful verse about this

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

This was reinforced in Jeremiah 31:9

9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

God considered Israel his first born son. They literally became a nation when God supernaturally rescued them from Egypt, separating the waters in the ocean until all of them literally cross over the water in dry land.

But as we all know, Israel broke their covenant of Law that was given at Mount Sinai. They killed or ignored all the prophets that God repeatedly sent to them when they were separated into 2 kingdoms and went into captivity under Babylon, and then under Persia.

Jesus used the parable of the tenants, one of my favorite parables to understand his first coming on Earth to Israel, in all 3 synoptic gospels. (Matthew 21:33-46; Mark 12:1-12; Luke 20:9-19) to illustrate this.

When Jesus and the 12 were preaching from Matt-John, they need to repent of rejecting God their Father in the OT, and believe in his Son is their promised King and Messiah, as foretold by their prophets.

God had mercy on them even when they killed his prophets (e.g. 2 Chronicles 24:20-22; Jeremiah 26:20-30; cf. Luke 13:34; Acts 7:52)., and is now sending his very own Son to Israel, to do a final persuasion to Israel to repent and believe in him.

If they do, as Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3, Israel will be born again.

That is why Paul never mentioned the necessity of being born again to us gentiles. That concept is irrelevant to us.

Upvote 0

lsume

Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What is this all about?

———————————-

————————————

————————————-

(Those who did NOT DO)

—————————————-

The Word can only be truly understood by Christ opening your eyes and ears. Seek and ye shall find is a powerful truth. Also, “he shall appear a second time to those who look for him.” It seems that you are seeking as the truth in the word has grabbed you. There is a visitation common to man first referenced in Numbers 16:29. “Many are called but few are chosen”.

Heb.9
  1. [28] So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Born of water the person's original birth, born of spirit is the person's second birth. That occurs when they trust in The Messiah for God's free gift of Eternal Life. They become a born again believer, a child of God.

That brings up the question, do aborted babies experience the first birth of water.
Aborted babies go straight to heaven, just like all children, they don’t have to live on the crappy planet full of crappy people.
Hmmm, sounds like a good deal to me.

Upvote 0

.Jeremiah.

Jul 26, 2021
The South
✟21,473.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can understand John's specific emphasis on being born again, as inextricably linked to Israel's relationship with God.

Their father, Abraham, was barren. Naturally, at his ripe old age, he could no longer have children.

God had to supernaturally intervene in his life to enable him to give birth to Issac.

Thru Issac, thru Jacob, thru his 12 sons, the nation literally came into existence.

Exodus 4:22 had a very insightful verse about this

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:

This was reinforced in Jeremiah 31:9

9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

God considered Israel his first born son. They literally became a nation when God supernaturally rescued them from Egypt, separating the waters in the ocean until all of them literally cross over the water in dry land.

But as we all know, Israel broke their covenant of Law that was given at Mount Sinai. They killed or ignored all the prophets that God repeatedly sent to them when they were separated into 2 kingdoms and went into captivity under Babylon, and then under Persia.

Jesus used the parable of the tenants, one of my favorite parables to understand his first coming on Earth to Israel, in all 3 synoptic gospels. (Matthew 21:33-46; Mark 12:1-12; Luke 20:9-19) to illustrate this.

When Jesus and the 12 were preaching from Matt-John, they need to repent of rejecting God their Father in the OT, and believe in his Son is their promised King and Messiah, as foretold by their prophets.

God had mercy on them even when they killed his prophets (e.g. 2 Chronicles 24:20-22; Jeremiah 26:20-30; cf. Luke 13:34; Acts 7:52)., and is now sending his very own Son to Israel, to do a final persuasion to Israel to repent and believe in him.

If they do, as Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3, Israel will be born again.

That is why Paul never mentioned the necessity of being born again to us gentiles. That concept is irrelevant to us.

I’m curious why you bring Israel and Jews into the equation.
And gentiles too. What’s that all about?

The Word is for everyone, equally, everywhere, always.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

I understand that as God loves the world, not a nation, not a particular people.
Some people divide the world into so many categories.
God only has two categories:

Good and evil. (Sheep and goats???)

Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,745.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m curious why you bring Israel and Jews into the equation.
And gentiles too. What’s that all about?

The Word is for everyone, equally, everywhere, always.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

I understand that as God loves the world, not a nation, not a particular people.
Some people divide the world into so many categories.
God only has two categories:

Good and evil. (Sheep and goats???)

Jesus first coming was for the nation Israel, the world was to be saved thru the rise of Israel (Zechariah 8:23)

He said it himself in Matthew 10:5 and Matthew 15:24.

Paul reminded us gentiles the same thing in Romans 15:8 and Ephesians 2:11-12

Only after Israel rejected him, then salvation is available to all of us gentiles (Romans 11:11)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Aborted babies go straight to heaven, just like all children, they don’t have to live on the crappy planet full of crappy people.

Do you have from The Bible that this is so. As John 3 states a person is born of water first.

Upvote 0

Mclachlan

Oct 10, 2021
Melbourne
✟23,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Born again speaks of the the process of regeneration whereby a believer repents and puts their faith in Jesus and receives the Holy Spirit. God rebirths them, with a new life, new passions and a desire to love God and neighbour.
Nicodemus as an expert of God's word should've known that one is in need of this new birth. For example Jeremiah prophesied that God would give us a clean heart and put His Spirit in us. Ezekiel prophesied that God would sprinkle water on his people and purify them of their sins. Isaiah speaks of the Messiah accounting many righteous.
So this idea of new birth shouldn't have been overlooked. 'Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not know these things.'
This is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I agree with the first part. No, aborted fetuses do not experience the first birth of water.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Seriously?

a) There is no indication that aborted fetuses go straight to heaven.
b) Why are you so down on God's creation? He gave us life and the joy of the Lord. If you missed that, I suggest a healthy dose of prayer, the Bible, and interacting with other Christians.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The first birth of water baptism is public and according to the law of the old husband, which death releases for marriage covenant with another. That is what baptism is. It has nothing to do with physical birth.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The first birth of water baptism is public and according to the law of the old husband, which death releases for marriage covenant with another. That is what baptism is. It has nothing to do with physical birth.

Would you explain what you mean by "the law of the old husband, which death releases for marriage covenant with another"?

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Would you explain what you mean by "the law of the old husband, which death releases for marriage covenant with another"?
1Do you not know, brothers (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has authority over a man only as long as he lives? 2For instance, a married woman is bound by lawto her husband as long as he lives. But if herhusband dies, she is released from the law ofmarriage. 3So then, if she is joined to another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law and is not an adulteress, even if she marries another man.

4Therefore, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.…

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟214,745.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1Do you not know, brothers (for I am speaking to those who know the law), that the law has authority over a man only as long as he lives? 2For instance, a married woman is bound by lawto her husband as long as he lives. But if herhusband dies, she is released from the law ofmarriage. 3So then, if she is joined to another man while her husband is still alive, she is called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is free from that law and is not an adulteress, even if she marries another man.

4Therefore, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.…

Why do you link this passage to water baptism?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Born again speaks of the the process of regeneration whereby a believer repents and puts their faith in Jesus and receives the Holy Spirit. God rebirths them, with a new life, new passions and a desire to love God and neighbour.
Nicodemus as an expert of God's word should've known that one is in need of this new birth. For example Jeremiah prophesied that God would give us a clean heart and put His Spirit in us. Ezekiel prophesied that God would sprinkle water on his people and purify them of their sins. Isaiah speaks of the Messiah accounting many righteous.
So this idea of new birth shouldn't have been overlooked. 'Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not know these things.'
This is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Repenting has nothing to do with being born again, where this is mention in John. The Gospel of John never states repenting as a condition for receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

Mclachlan

Oct 10, 2021
Melbourne
✟23,419.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Repenting has nothing to do with being born again, where this is mention in John. The Gospel of John never states repenting as a condition for receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life.
Repentance and faith go together-- they are inseparable. Repentance is not a condition it is a gift from God. Just like faith. It is a gift from God.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The gospel of John assumes repentance having moved past John Baptists’ ministry that wasn’t repeated. The gospels assume moving past water baptism of John B because teaching of Christ did not accompany it, but was redirected to further teaching.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟303,748.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Repentance and faith go together-- they are inseparable. Repentance is not a condition it is a gift from God. Just like faith. It is a gift from God.
They are all gifts except to be content therein.

Reactions: Mclachlan
Upvote 0