Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:thumbsup:

Repent! for the time is NIGH!
4chsmu1.gif

1 Peter 4:7 Of All-things yet The End Has-Neared/hggiken <1448> (5758)
be sane! then and be sober! into the prayers,

Reve 1:3 Happy the one reading and the ones hearing the Words of the Prophecy and keepings in it having been Written for the Time NIGH/egguV <1451>. [Reve 22:6,10]

Revelation 22:10 And he is saying to me "no thou should be sealing the Words of the Prophecy of the Scroll, this, that the Time NIGH/egguV <1451> is"
[Revelation 1:3]

oh amen....be sober and sane..hahahaaaa!! love it!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
oh amen....be sober and sane..hahahaaaa!! love it!
I didn't sober up untill the Lord entered my life in 2003 and I never felt better :pray:

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't sober up until the Lord entered my life in 2003 and I never felt better :pray:
That's FANTASTIC, Praise God!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Me, it was both drugs and alcohol. ;)

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Bye-bye Mr Sandman, hello Living God! :clap:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's FANTASTIC, Praise God!!! :clap:

Me, it was both drugs and alcohol. ;)

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Bye-bye Mr Sandman, hello Living God! :clap:
:D
Even John had to be "woken up" in Reve 11:1 ehehe

Revelation 11:1 And was given to me a reed like-as rod saying "rouse!/egeirai <1453> (5669)! and measure! the sanctuary of the God and the altar and those worshipping in him

Romans 13:11 And this being aware/knowing the time, that hour already ye out of sleep to be roused/egerqhnai <1453> (5683), for now nearer of us the Salvation than we believe [Reve 7:10, 12:10, 19:1]

1 Corin 15:52 in instant in twinkle of eye in the last Trumpet for he shall be Trumpeting and the dead-ones shall be being roused/egerqhsontai <1453> (5701) uncorruptible and we shall be being changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odcJ-vS22rI

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I was reading thru John again and this verse struck out at me so I decided to see what it looked like in the greek.

What is interesting aboue this is how the same form of the word is used in 1 John concerning the "anti-christ" who he say was "in the world already". Are these the same "person"?

I also noticed the NKJV and NASB translate 1 John 4:3 differently. Thoughts?

John 14:30 "Not still much I shall be talking with ye, for is coming/ercetai <2064> (5736), the of the world, this, ruler/Chief/arcwn <758> and in Me not he is having anything.

1 John 2:18 Little-children, last Hour it-is and according-as ye hear that the Antichrist is coming/ercetai <2064> (5736).

1 John 4:3 And every spirit which is no avowing the Jesus [Christ in flesh having-come] out of the God not is, and this is the of-the anti-christ, which ye have heard is coming/ercetai <2064> (5736) and now in the world is already

Greek New Testament - Parallel Greek New Testament by John Hurt

Textus Rec.)
1 John 4:3 kai pan pneuma o mh omologei ton ihsoun criston en sarki elhluqota ek tou qeou ouk estin kai touto estin to tou anticristou o akhkoate oti ercetai kai nun en tw kosmw estin hdh

W-H ) 1 John 4:3 kai pan pneuma o mh omologei ton ihsoun ******* ** ****** ********* ek tou qeou ouk estin kai touto estin to tou anticristou o akhkoate oti ercetai kai nun en tw kosmw estin hdh

NKJV) 1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the [spirit] of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

NASB) 1 John 4:3 and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

Indeed. The anti-Christ, is none other than the one whom was against God, against "Christ", from the beginning. THere is nothing new under the sun. It hath always been so. His time is short. He knows this. The anti-Christ, in essence is he, the enemy who was so from the begiining, the father of lies, the deceiver, and his instruments are all he uses as puppets to do his bidding. In unison, he and they join forces against Jesus Christ and all those who love Him...thus the "anti-Christ".

It was always so, and will always be so, till such a time as God has appointed that only He knows of.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by LittleLambofJesus
I was reading thru John again and this verse struck out at me so I decided to see what it looked like in the greek.

What is interesting aboue this is how the same form of the word is used in 1 John concerning the "anti-christ" who he say was "in the world already". Are these the same "person"?
Indeed. The anti-Christ, is none other than the one whom was against God, against "Christ", from the beginning. THere is nothing new under the sun. It hath always been so. His time is short. He knows this.
The anti-Christ, in essence is he, the enemy who was so from the begiining, the father of lies, the deceiver, and his instruments are all he uses as puppets to do his bidding. In unison, he and they join forces against Jesus Christ and all those who love Him...thus the "anti-Christ".

It was always so, and will always be so, till such a time as God has appointed that only He knows of.
Good post sis :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟918,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think that the ruler of this world in which we live is Satan. He is ruling us now and we wil be saved by him when the time comes. That is why bad things happen to good people. It is not God testing us it is Satan trying to rip us from God.

That is true - the ruler of this world -- and the "god of this world" 2 Cor 4:4 are the devil.
Luke 4 the devil says "the world is mine - i give it to whomever I wish" --
5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

The great cosmic battle in Rev 12 is with the devil, the dragon, the serpent of Eden ... not with a handful of Jews.

Christ's battle was with the devil in Matt 4 and Luke 3, and it is the devil in John 14:30 that Christ is talking about as the god of this world -- so also in 2Cor 4:4 the "god of this world' blinds all mankind that chooses not to accept the Gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The ruler of creation is God almighty.
The ruler of corrupt mankind is "the prince of the power of the air" which appears to be a name for Satan.
I tend to agree.
If you put it in a Jewish 1st century perspective, the Temple/Sanctuary in Jerusalem is the place of Satan's throne in Revelation, as the synagogues are where the Jews congregated in the NT, IMHO

Romans 16:20
The yet God of the Peace shall be crushing the Satan under the feet of ye in swiftness.
The grace of the Lord of us Jesus Christ with ye.

Reve 3:9
Behold! I am giving out of the synagogue of the Satan, to the ones saying themselves Jews to be and not they-are, but are false......

Act 22:23
And as they cried out, and cast off their clothes, and threw dust into the air, G109

Neh 9:1
Now on the twenty-fourth day of this month the children of Israel were assembled with fasting, in sackcloth, and with dust on their heads.fn

Lam 2:10
The elders of the daughter of Zion Sit on the ground and keep silence;
They throw dust on their heads And gird themselves with sackcloth.
The virgins of Jerusalem Bow their heads to the ground.

Revelation 18:19
And they cast dust upon their heads and cried-out lamenting and mourning saying "Woe! Woe! the great City, in which are-rich all those having ships in the sea out of her preciousness!
that in one hour She was desolated.

Upvote 0