• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Joe's handlers do not allow him to answer questions without a script.

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by hislegacy, Mar 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hislegacy

hislegacy At the great Pyramids

+9,648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    THIS is the embarrassing moment Joe Biden's live feed was cut off by the White House after he offered to take questions from lawmakers.

In the virtual event with the House Democratic Caucus on Wednesday, Biden closed his remarks by calling on Democrats to help "restore faith" in the government.

"I'd be happy to take questions if that's what I'm supposed to do, Nance," Biden told the Speaker.

"Whatever you want me to do."

The livestream ended seconds later after a brief pause from Biden.

Biden has increasingly come under fire for not holding a formal press conference and taking questions from reporters in the six weeks since taking office.

The rare instances where the US president does take questions are often limited to a pool of pre-selected reporters.
    opinion: Most likely better to abruptly cut the live feed and keep people thinking you don't have the ability to answer non scripted question; than to keep it open and prove you can't.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. CatsRule2020

CatsRule2020 New Member

+45
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Oh if only that were the practice for Trump when he was President.

3. hislegacy

+9,648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    First response and it has nothing to do with joe,

4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,104
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others

I assumed you were referring to an actual press conference.
    Being virtual requires pre-planning and orchestrion of cameras and audio.

Have you not been interviewed or had a broadcast show of your own?
    You should do that. We would all love to see you interview people
    and build a following.

5. hislegacy

+9,648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    He has not answer unscripted question at either. In Fact has yet to hold a press conference.

Answering questions in a virtual conference is not that difficult, you take the question - then answer them.

6. bèlla

bèlla ⭐️ Supporter

+12,673
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    How do you deduce Biden has handlers without recognizing Trump had the same? How do you accuse one of a lack of autonomy without realizing the other was on script?

Yours in His Service,

~bella

7. hislegacy

+9,648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    when one has not held a press conference and has to ask someone permission to answer questions is compared to another in the same position spending an average of 45 min with reporters answering questions almost every time he left to board marine one or Airforce one.

You can come to the observation I stated.

8. Kenny'sID

Kenny'sID Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,824
    Christian
    Single
    I seriousely doubt Trump had handlers, nothing to speak of anyway...he simply cannot be handled.

Biden on the other hand, can be handled, he has to be in order to function, or to make president to begin with. I believe what the OP is saying about him.

Biden is not real like Trump so how can we expect him to have any kind of real Q&A?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  9. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+5,449
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    And are some of those same handlers now trying to revoke his war powers authority??

Bipartisan senators introduce bill to strip Biden of war powers

10. hislegacy

+9,648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
  11. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+13,176
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  12. dqhall

dqhall Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,765
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    I worried about Biden’s age. He should get time to fact check his statements. I heard his inauguration speech. He went on for sometime in a coherent manner. I liked to listen to him. I already knew we were not going to get a perfect president. We did not have a perfect president when Trump ruled either.

13. hislegacy

+9,648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I linked the article. It isn't a claim, nor something I need to prove - but it is there for you to read.

14. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+29,342
    Anglican
    Married
    Trump had advisors, like all presidents do, and he fired them left and right, which drew the expected sneers from his enemies. So "handlers" was not his problem. The standard griping was to the effect that Trump needed handlers, not the opposite.

But with Biden, the evidence is quite different--and has been a subject of conversation by both media people and ordinary citizens since he declared his candidacy in 2020.

15. Hank77

+13,176
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh, I read it and it doesn't say that it's because of what Biden might do.

16. hislegacy

+9,648
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
  17. Hank77

+13,176
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
  18. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+5,449
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    hmmm -- if I was told that Biden was negotiating with someone for America - I would be more than a little worried.

19. disciple Clint

disciple Clint Well-Known Member

+2,942
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Looks to me like we have many of the same players from the Obama administration which causes me to think that just possibly Obama is the handler

20. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+18,364
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Unsurprisingly, the OP and his sources choose the least charitable take possible. Biden took questions, but the q&a session was never intended to be public. Most q&a sessions between the president and congress are not “open press.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-house-video-feed-ended-biden-took-questions/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.