Joel Osteen: Man of God or Man of the People?

Do you believe God is generally pleased with what Joel Osteen is doing?

• Yes

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ive heard him deliver some powerful messages, but he rarely quotes scripture which bothers me. He seems to be trying to build people up to believe in themselves rather than to trust in the Lord. And the man blinks entirely too much, and the eyes are the window to the soul, but you can never see this mans eyes because he is constantly blinking. To me thats shady like hes hiding something. You can say its the lights, his eyes are dry, or any other excuse, but hes Joel Osteen-wouldnt he tell them "the lights are in my eyes, I cant see"?? Seriously, the next time you watch him count how many times the man blinks per minute. Its weird people.

What is of the flesh is flesh,and what is of The Spirit is Spirit. The blinking of the eyes is from his own mind.That is the natural mind thinking of what to say next. When a man preaches in The Spirit, the Words flow like a river and are Perfect, for they come from The Perfect. There is no need to think about what to say, for they are given what is needed at that very moment.As for Joel, and the intent of his heart, I will leave that unto The Lord, and He will sort it out on the last day.

Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What is of the flesh is flesh,and what is of The Spirit is Spirit. The blinking of the eyes is from his own mind.That is the natural mind thinking of what to say next. When a man preaches in The Spirit, the Words flow like a river and are Perfect, for they come from The Perfect. There is no need to think about what to say, for they are given what is needed at that very moment.As for Joel, and the intent of his heart, I will leave that unto The Lord, and He will sort it out on the last day.
What is of the flesh is flesh,and what is of The Spirit is Spirit. The blinking of the eyes is from his own mind.That is the natural mind thinking of what to say next. When a man preaches in The Spirit, the Words flow like a river and are Perfect, for they come from The Perfect. There is no need to think about what to say, for they are given what is needed at that very moment.As for Joel, and the intent of his heart, I will leave that unto The Lord, and He will sort it out on the last day.[/QUOTE
Joel Osteen is false teacher, leading people to Hell.

And if you are living "Your Best Life Now", your eternal destination is Hell.
Joel Osteen has learned how to make a lot of money with soothing and flowery talk.

Joel Osteen has learned how to make a lot of money with soothing and flowery talk.

:preach: Brother it's sounds like your saying he is operating under the spirit of divination?
Brother rockytopva that is a good size rock you've thrown at pastor Joel.

Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

:preach: The blinking of the eye means to think what to say next, the intent of Joel's heart leave to the Lord, last day sort outs!
GTW27 I think you're gone ahead of yourself you might want to slow down.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,736.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:preach: The blinking of the eye means to think what to say next, the intent of Joel's heart leave to the Lord, last day sort outs!
GTW27 I think you're gone ahead of yourself you might want to slow down.

Thank you! And have a Blessed day!

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
:preach: Brother it's sounds like your saying he is operating under the spirit of divination?
Brother rockytopva that is a good size rock you've thrown at pastor Joel.

I had a video of Joel on my Youtube site called, "Being Good to People." I made no money off this video. I also paid my brother in law $1,000 to close caption that video. Not to mention over $2,500 a year in ministry support to the Joel Osteen ministry. I also mailed the ministry letters letting them know of my intentions, that this was going to be very expensive, and to let me know if this was not alright.

Well, Joel Osteen files copywrite infringement against me, almost shuts down my web site, and then his lawyer talked really ugly to me. I tried explaining that I was not doing this for the money and they got even madder.

So.... I took the videos down and stopped supporting his ministry. About a year later I get a phone call from the Joel Osteen ministries. Before I could explain my predicament I get a recording from Joel telling me how much he loves me and is praying for me. Then I get bumped to a male voice on the other end. I then explain the predicament and he says quite ugly to me... So I guess you want taken off this list.

I am like... Listen sir,.... Joel Osteen does not love me! That man and his wife are the most money hungry and covetous as two people are. And if you think he loves you just go down to Houston, stand in the line after service to shake his hand, and then let him give you the smile with no charisma.

Joel Osteen is more worried about the False Profit than he is about the False Prophet! Every time I find someone listening to him I tell them that listen, that man does not practice what he preaches! Get in the way between Joel and the billfold and he will be the one throwing rocks!

Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a video of Joel on my Youtube site called, "Being Good to People." I made no money off this video. I also paid my brother in law $1,000 to close caption that video. Not to mention over $2,500 a year in ministry support to the Joel Osteen ministry. I also mailed the ministry letters letting them know of my intentions, that this was going to be very expensive, and to let me know if this was not alright.

Well, Joel Osteen files copywrite infringement against me, almost shuts down my web site, and then his lawyer talked really ugly to me. I tried explaining that I was not doing this for the money and they got even madder.

So.... I took the videos down and stopped supporting his ministry. About a year later I get a phone call from the Joel Osteen ministries. Before I could explain my predicament I get a recording from Joel telling me how much he loves me and is praying for me. Then I get bumped to a male voice on the other end. I then explain the predicament and he says quite ugly to me... So I guess you want taken off this list.

I am like... Listen sir,.... Joel Osteen does not love me! That man and his wife are the most money hungry and covetous as two people are. And if you think he loves you just go down to Houston, stand in the line after service to shake his hand, and then let him give you the smile with no charisma.

Joel Osteen is more worried about the False Profit than he is about the False Prophet! Every time I find someone listening to him I tell them that listen, that man does not practice what he preaches! Get in the way between Joel and the billfold and he will be the one throwing rocks!

Have you ever thought what it would ever be like if you were in his pastor Joel's shoes? I could imagine it being worse than a Hollywood firm actors life you see Big actors has to tolarate paparazzi and than putting on a smile for the fans after constantly being harassed it's known to have driven famous actors to suicide deep depression all because of these various pressures that press upon them from all sides at one time to the point your whole life is an act and this comes with the territory.
So you see pastor Joels family including pastor Joel and many other famous church figures has to deal with similar pressures but the most damaging is caused through the body of Christ accusations from other brothers in the Lord and believe me it's a low blow the bible says hope deffered makes the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life. So look how many people turn up nearly each week to pastor Joel's church 30 plus thousand and you think no one who attends his church hasn't been effected by the criticism and the accusatons that's floating around in the World has not influenced and clouded his people's judgments? Yes of course! He's ducking rocks of accusations from inside his own house from the sinners to the saint the whole world is on his back why because the World don't see souls but they only see money so every head they calculate and work out 30k x $20 minimum is a wolloping 600k a week OH YEAH HE GOTS TO BE A CROOK!
If people don't like his cooking and the way his house is ran they know where the front door is! The people have enough intuition to know what's right and whats wrong. Listen if pastor Joel was a lover of money his house would not be giving out to help people through the virous ministry's understand this when a person has a love for money they would not give a dime to no body, why? because the spirit of mammon does not do that period it's rooted in fear and established by selfishness and satan is god over this world system and that's how the world rolls. But however brother I notice in you very first sentence you mentioned you never made any profit from the video and than you explain your costs and 2plusk so to me how this looks is you got payed for shooting a video and your bro in law invested into your video and payed tithes or donated 2 1/2k towards ministry. You should've got some leaders advice first rather than later to find out NO it would've saved you $.$$$ than you should've questioned yourself about giving to the ministry before actually giving the bible says don't give reluctantly and another it says when you give don't expect it back reason been if you do give reluctantly you would be wishing you never! The bible is full of wisdom. I see your not happy about pastor Joel smileing at you with no charisma? Gee bro Iv heard worse ones than yours a lady on here was complaining that pastor Joel blinks to much or he teaches self help and not God help ! "Like what"!! Really guys!
Some of you's really need to help yourselfs encourage yourselves far be it from me that I should talk against Gods anointed! Act like kings and queens not like some heathen heretic Witches casting spells!
#LOVE GODS ANOINTED

Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Back when I followed Joel heard him tell his people basically not to come around. He was very busy and did not have time for company. If my pastor told me not to come around I would say, see ya!

You probably would say C yah BUT
love would respond differently, people can be really self centred and think about themselves! Honestly bro you wouldn't have a clue how hard it must be for pastor Joel! and you wonder why he's always peaching on encouragement and believe in yourself! He needs to hear is own messages more than others! LIKE WHAT REALLY!

Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can say after supporting the Osteen ministry with large sums of money that I never was treated so badly in return.

The bible says the flesh profits nothing! So I encourage you next time make it count sow/give in spirit!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
You probably would say C yah BUT
love would respond differently, people can be really self centred and think about themselves! Honestly bro you wouldn't have a clue how hard it must be for pastor Joel! and you wonder why he's always peaching on encouragement and believe in yourself! He needs to hear is own messages more than others! LIKE WHAT REALLY!
Joel Osteen just moved into a 10 million house and you expect me to feel sorry for him?

• Winner
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Joel Osteen just moved into a 10 million house and you expect me to feel sorry for him?

Read your bible man psalms 35:27 God takes pleasure in the prosperity of his servants that Word prosperity means a lot more than just money bro!
God takes pleasure in prospering his servants it's his delight to him to see pastor Joel in a manision!
Bro your complaining about his manision down here on earth! Lol when you see his manision in heaven we would be all like rocky get to school Lol.

Upvote 0

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As far as the Osteen ministry, this sheeps hide has been sheered enough. If you want to follow the guy best of luck, just dont get too hurt when you find out the guy has no love for you.

I sensed that with you bro your very sensitive and easily offended
However I don't believe it's pastor Joel's doing but your own doing and maybe it's personal for you but if you don't grow in God and allow God into areas of your life these feelings will always pop up.
John 15 talks about the branch and the vine and than fruit Gods will is for you to produce fruit. The word "taketh away" in (verse 3) in the greek it mean airo so it actually means to lift up as to suport, Jesus is holding you up and to suport you (lift up) that you might produce fruit but you must first believe who you are in Christ Jesus.
God bless you bro.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rakis

Apr 23, 2017
Auckland
✟9,363.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What do pastor like Joel look like?

Tell me everything all the bad things about pastor Joel! I need tk
What do pastor like Joel look like?

So what your saying pastor Joel never went through the Gate but jumped the fence instead? Do you know exactly what that means?

Upvote 0

IAMABELIEVER1979

Aug 21, 2016
Washington
✟61,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have always been afraid to say whether somebody is of God or not. So I voted I don't know. But that doesn't mean I can't disagree with them.

When he was asked if Jesus Christ is the only way to heaven, he said that is up to God. Plus, he has a hard time calling sin what it is.

Now I recognize I don't have the right to judge him and tell him how sinful he is for I struggle with sin myself. But that doesn't mean I can't disagree with someone without being all self-righteous.

I do believe that a preacher should preach on sin and God's righteousness and the judgment to come. But they should also preach about Jesus being the only way to heaven and how he delivers from Sin. I don't think he does that.

But how would I know? I don't know how God uses his people.

Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0