Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,408.00
Faith
Christian
With everything going on between Israel and Palestine as well as a ring of fire eclipse coming during a new moon, I wonder if we are possible seeing Joel 3 fulfilled before our eyes. I’ll post a few verses instead of the whole chapter, so that I’m not belaboring the point.

““In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land. They cast lots for my people and traded boys for prostitutes; they sold girls for wine to drink. “Let the nations be roused; let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit to judge all the nations on every side. Swing the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, trample the grapes, for the winepress is full and the vats overflow— so great is their wickedness!” Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. The sun and moon will be darkened, and the stars no longer shine. The Lord will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the heavens will tremble. But the Lord will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.”
‭‭Joel‬ ‭3‬:‭1‬-‭3‬, ‭12‬-‭16‬ ‭NIV‬‬

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,048.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the very existence of the State of Israel today, surely places us in the Latter Days. Therefore, correct understanding of the end times should be the aim of every Christian believer.

We need to not be taken unawares of coming world changing events. Those Christians who believe in a ‘rapture to heaven’, may find themselves unprepared to face severe Tribulation. The Lord has called us to be His co-workers, so we must know what lies before us, to work diligently toward the furtherance of His Kingdom. Remember that Jesus rebuked the people of His day, for not being able or willing to discern the signs of the prophetic times in which they lived.
Since 1948, we have seen an amazing restoration of the Jewish people into a portion of the Land.
Joel 3:1 When the time comes, I will reverse the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem.

God says; in that time period, certain things will occur. The next prophetic event will be an attack on the Jewish State of Israel by the Islamic peoples, with the support of many other nations and entities. The Lord’s fiery judgement on them will result in the destruction and depopulation of most of the Middle East. Jeremiah 12:14, Psalms 83:1-18, Ezekiel 30:1-5, Micah 4:11-12, Zephaniah 1:14-18

Joel 3:2-3 I shall gather the nations into the valley of Jehoshaphat [the Lord Judges] I will judge them on behalf of My people, whom they scattered among the nations.
This event is not at the Return of Jesus, as it is described in Rev. 19:11-21 and Zechariah 14:3-4

Joel 3:4-8 What are you to Me, Israel’s neighbours? Do you want vengeance? I will make your deeds recoil onto your own heads. You have harmed Judah and stolen their treasures. I will rouse them and bring them home; your own people will be enslaved.

Joel 3:9-17 Proclaim war among the nations! Prepare your weapons, let the weakest say they are strong. The nations all around will hear the call and gather for judgement. The harvest is ripe- wield the knife, tread the grapes. [Rev. 14:17-20] The Day of the Lords vengeance is at hand, in the place of Decision. But the Lord is a refuge for His people, a defence for Israel. By this you will know that I am the Lord your God. Jerusalem will be holy.

Joel 3:18-21 When that day comes, there will be food and water in plenty in the Land. Egypt and Edom will become desolate wastes because of the violence they did to Judah, but the Land of Israel will be inhabited forever. I shall avenge their blood and the Lord will dwell in Zion.

For the universal Church of Jesus Christ and all peoples, it is time to realize that we are now at the edge of cataclysmic events. The obvious determination and preparedness of Israel’s enemies is so great, that there is no defence adequate to cope with their attack. It will require divine intervention to avoid the devastation of a worldwide nuclear exchange. The Lord’s terrible Day of wrath by fire, earthquakes, storms and tsunamis will be triggered by this attack and will result in the virtual depopulation of all the holy land. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 2:8-9, Obadiah 1-21

This event will be the fulfilment of Isaiah 30:25-30, Isaiah 63:1-6, Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 66:15-16, Zephaniah 1:14-18 & 3:8, 2 Peter 3:7, +

The assurances given concerning the protection of the faithful Christians, if not kept, would render His Word unreliable, and His character flawed. God’s promises never fail, He will protect His people during His Day of vengeance and wrath against His enemies. Isaiah 43:2, Isaiah 41:13, Psalms 91

It should be clear to anyone that a secular State of Israel is not God’s highest ambition for His people. Currently the Jews only occupy a small portion of Greater Israel and are beset by problems, water shortages, religious schisms and are threatened on all sides. Many, many prophecies predict a remarkable future greatness for ALL the tribes of Israel. Most Bible scholars relegate these predictions to the Millennium, as they cannot see any earlier fulfilment. They have often been influenced by the well entrenched “rapture to heaven” view and a belief that wrongly thinks the Israel of God is separate from the Church of born again believers.

But when thought is given to what so clearly must happen before Jesus Returns, then wonderful is the prospect of a righteous nation, living in peace and security in the Promised Land – after the whole area is cleared and cleansed by this great Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath. Deuteronomy 32:34-43. Romans 1:18. Revelation 6:12-17, the Sixth seal worldwide disaster by an explosion on the suns surface.

Reactions: Barraco
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder if we are possible seeing Joel 3 fulfilled before our eyes.
I wonder the same thing. Esp when we are told that Israel will not hesitate to use Nuclear weapons if they feel they need to in order to defend themselves. Esp when we read in Rev about a sea of glass. That is what remains after a nuclear explosion.

Does Israel have sand? The Israeli coastline (190km, from Gaza Strip to Lebanon) forms part of the south eastern Mediterranean. The coastal sand dunes include those of Israel, Gaza Strip and extend into Sinai.

Revelation 15:2 (NIV): "And I saw what looked like a sea of glass glowing with fire and, standing beside the sea, those who had been victorious over the beast and its image and over the number of its name. They held harps given them by God."

Trinitite, also known as atomsite or Alamogordo glass, is the glassy residue that was left on the desert floor as a result of the first nuclear bomb test, code-named Trinity. The Trinity test took place on July 16, 1945, in the Jornada del Muerto desert in New Mexico as part of the Manhattan Project.

Trinitite was formed by the intense heat generated by the detonation of the plutonium-based nuclear bomb. The heat fused the desert sand and other materials in the vicinity, creating a glassy, greenish substance that contains various minerals and elements from the surrounding environment.

Trinitite is now considered a rare and collectible material,

1697159857790.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
They cast lots for my people and traded boys for prostitutes; they sold girls for wine to drink.
"The Israel-Hamas conflict is taking a "horrendous toll" on families, humanitarian organizations like UNICEF decried this week, amid reports of the slaughter and kidnapping of children and attacks on civilian infrastructure that have killed, injured or displaced the most vulnerable."

Upvote 0

Barraco

Jun 24, 2004
Minot, ND
Visit site
✟24,408.00
Faith
Christian
Interesting take! I never connected the two. I wonder if it symbolizes something else because there is a sea of glass in front of the throne of God in Revelation 4:6 as well. Additionally, the sixth plague rallies the kings of the earth for the great battle of Armageddon. If Rev 15:2 pointed toward a nuclear attack, it would have to be a separate thing I’m not tracking in prophecy yet. I’ll keep an open mind though!

Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟105,504.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
With everything going on between Israel and Palestine as well as a ring of fire eclipse coming during a new moon, I wonder if we are possible seeing Joel 3 fulfilled before our eyes. I’ll post a few verses instead of the whole chapter, so that I’m not belaboring the point.

““In those days and at that time, when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem, I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land. They cast lots for my people and traded boys for prostitutes; they sold girls for wine to drink. “Let the nations be roused; let them advance into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, for there I will sit to judge all the nations on every side. Swing the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Come, trample the grapes, for the winepress is full and the vats overflow— so great is their wickedness!” Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. The sun and moon will be darkened, and the stars no longer shine. The Lord will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the heavens will tremble. But the Lord will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.”
I've always had questions about this Joel prophecy, but your reference to it seems wholly adequate to the occasion! This captures the spirit of antisemitism we see today. Following Israel's era of punishment, which is the Jewish Diaspora, Israel's oppressors will finally be dealt with in an overwhelming punishment. And apparently it takes place within Israel itself, much as Gaza may be experiencing overwhelming force in the region of Palestine right now. It's an amazing prophecy, and seems directed towards those who think they can add to Israel's torment during the time of their correction.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The 'locusts' of Joel are the 'locusts' of the 5th Trumpet and are the 'people of the prince to come' in Dan 9:26. 'Locusts' means an invading army and are directly compared them to locusts in many places such as Deut 28:38-52. This is really basic stuff.

As Joel 3 mentions, the locusts are selling the Jews to the Greeks / 'Javan' - the leopard in Dan 7 who is given dominion.

As we look at the Psalm 83 10 coalition, the notable figures there are the Assyrian & Tyre. Tyre calls himself God (Ezekiel 28) and the Assyrian likens himself to God (Isa 14).

The Assyrian is said to destroy idols. The 'flood' is from the Assyrian, and Hamas' 'Flood of Al-Aqsa' is probably the Assyrian's flood (same flood from Dan 9:26). Netanyahu said that Hamas is ISIS. ISIS definitely destroys idols. The Assyrian is probably the leader of ISIS/ Hamas. It is probable that it is the Assyrian that makes people worship Tyre (who is not a Muslim).

IMO, you are way off base with the Roman 8 kings of Rev 17. The 'one that is' (#6 king of Babylon) is our current Babylon (destroyed at the 2nd Trumpet - see Jer 51:24-25).

The 7th will arrive with the Dan 7 4th Beast w the 10 horns (in other words, with the Assyrian & Tyre).

I have posted this long ago, and a few times since then, but here it is again:

I am only putting this out here as a hypothesis.

Sept%2030%20w%20battles%20jpeg.jpg

Upvote 0