Passing Through
✟459,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't serious. Only making fun of the memes I've seen claiming a 99.97% survival rate. A number most likely achieved by dividing the entire population by number of deaths. Which is of course not how you calculate that.
Because by the same token I could claim that the Challenger explosion had a 99,9999999986% survival rate because only 7 people died out of a total world population of 5 billion.
Well, no, because everyone in the world wasn't a possible explosion victim.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,210,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

So I think the sensible takeaway is that a person who's physically fit and takes a proven treatment like monoclonal antibodies has pretty good odds against the virus.

I don't think his case gives us any new information that most people didn't already know.

However, as I referenced in my previous post, I fear the takeaway from the subset of his fan base (that's desperate to oppose the mainstream, simply for the sake of being 'against the grain') is going to end up being...

"see, ivermectin works, so glad I bought some to keep on hand just in case!
upload_2021-9-6_19-49-10.png

I was so stoked to see they had some of the apple flavored kind on sale, apple is my fav! #Blessed #AppleLife #WakeUpAmerica"

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟733,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Joe Rogan-Wikipedia doesn't show him having medical experience at all. I'm not sure why anyone would depend on him for medical info regarding COVID-19. Or anything regarding medical info. He was collage drop out.

The internet.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,210,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Joe Rogan-Wikipedia doesn't show him having medical experience at all. I'm not sure why anyone would depend on him for medical info regarding COVID-19. Or anything regarding medical info. He was collage drop out.

I think it stems from the fact that "human health & wellness", overall, has many different facets and many different layers (each with varying levels of complexity, and different levels of education and expertise to be able to speak on the accurately.

But many folks see it as just this analogous blob, where if you know a lot about one aspect, that must somehow mean you know a lot about all of it.

They see a guy like Joe, he's obviously very physically fit (especially for a guy his age, most people half his age don't look like that), and he's obviously someone who takes training and diet seriously, so they mistakenly assume he must know a lot about all things "health".

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟145,083.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
So I think the sensible takeaway is that a person who's physically fit and takes a proven treatment like monoclonal antibodies has pretty good odds against the virus.
I’m more inclined to thinking that he had a false-positive test, went hod-wild on Tx and got a valid negative test, but I don’t know.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,210,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’m more inclined to thinking that he had a false-positive test, went hod-wild on Tx and got a valid negative test, but I don’t know.

It's possible he had a false positive, or that his most recent one was a false negative?

But testing positive for the virus, getting monoclonal antibodies, and then testing negative roughly a week later isn't entirely out of the realm of possibility.

He revealed the news on Wednesday that he had tested positive on Sunday the 29th. (after feeling bad the day before, the 28th)

It's also quite possible that he was vaccinated (he's been coy about revealing whether or not he was), and there have been studies showing that vaccinated people clear the virus faster than unvaccinated.

Monoclonal antibodies was the same treatment Trump (an old guy, who was overweight, and ate cheeseburgers all the time) received, and he was out of the hospital after 3 days, and tested negative at 10 days (as an unvaccinated elderly person at the time)

So Joe testing negative 5 days or so later (especially if he was vaccinated, and just didn't publicize it) after receiving a proven treatment, isn't out of the realm of possibility.

• Informative
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟935,597.00
Faith
Atheist
I gotta wonder about C-19 in the context of wealth and fame. I had C-19 and nobody offered me monoclonal antibodies. I just had to weather it. Fortunately, it was mild. The opportunistic pneumonia that followed was arguably worse though the antibiotics knocked it out.

Upvote 0