NW
✟194,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I think some of those prayers were fruitful with president Trump, who never pretended to be an angel but once in a while did the work of one. I'm thinking of his work against abortion, now undone by the new guy, St. Joe.

Are you talking about Trump pressuring his mistresses to have abortions?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Are you talking about Trump pressuring his mistresses to have abortions?
No. But recognizing that he evolved in the right direction. And how St. Joe evolved but in a different direction.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The idea of "evolution" of character assumes conscious and decisive movement, not haphazard self-serving impulsivity.
The idea of 'evolution of character' assumes or implies nothing of the sort. It just recognizes change. It may be conscious and self serving, as with St. Joe consciously deciding he could go farther in politics by favoring abortion and giving up being pro-life. Or however Trump, the most unlikely person to ever oppose abortion, who formerly supported it an may even have facilitated some abortions of his own offspring, evolving to become pro-life. That may have been impulsive, but he did stick with it, making his evolution decisive.

Upvote 0

GOD Shines Forth!

Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2019
United States
✟355,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trump was not as bad as he was made out to be by your party. And Biden isn't as good as he is made out to be by your party. We would be better off without your party. We would be better off without the Republican party too. But your partisanship only guarantees a counter-partisanship that with your party will destroy the Republic. It won't be long. Thanks.

Truth!

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The idea of 'evolution of character' assumes or implies nothing of the sort. It just recognizes change. It may be conscious and self serving, as with St. Joe consciously deciding he could go farther in politics by favoring abortion and giving up being pro-life. Or however Trump, the most unlikely person to ever oppose abortion, who formerly supported it an may even have facilitated some abortions of his own offspring, evolving to become pro-life. That may have been impulsive, but he did stick with it, making his evolution decisive.

I've seen no evidence that Trump evolved to become pro-life.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That may be true, considering that Trump and other Republicans were saying that the elderly should be willing to sacrifice themselves to covid to keep the economy going, and social distancing and other safeguards should be eliminated.
Well, if you say so. I didn't hear that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And considering that the link was to Vanity Fair I discounted it entirely. But thanks for the effort.

Ah, you're saying the videos and direct quotes with references are fabricated. So even if you did hear it, you disbelieve your own eyes and ears!

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Ah, you're saying the videos and direct quotes with references are fabricated. Disbelieve your own eyes and ears!
I'm saying there are folks who massage the message enough that I don't even pay attention to them. If you think you can trust them, go right ahead. Who am I to stop anybody from having their own versions of reality? Just don't force them on me. They may be red meat articles to you but to me they are cauliflower and I'm not going there.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm saying there are folks who massage the message enough that I don't even pay attention to them. If you think you can trust them, go right ahead. Who am I to stop anybody from having their own versions of reality? Just don't force them on me.

The quotes reported were all over the headlines. There is no question that "the elderly should be willing to sacrifice themselves to covid for the good of the economy" was the position of Trump and the GOP. But if you refuse to believe well-documented facts, and then claim it never happened, I can't help you. But you also have zero basis to claim Trump is pro-life.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
The quotes reported were all over the headlines. There is no question that "the elderly should be willing to sacrifice themselves to covid for the good of the economy" was the position of Trump and the GOP. But if you refuse to believe well-documented facts, and then claim it never happened, I can't help you. But you also have zero basis to claim Trump is pro-life.
If you are quoting an article dripping with sarcasm as you did from a source like Vanity Fair you can't very well say there is 'no question'. Sorry. Your source is mush. It might work on some true believer but I think it's laughable in it's bias and not a reputable source. Again, I'm sorry I can't buy your source as a reputable source. But just read it and see that objectivity is not their goal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you are quoting an article dripping with sarcasm as you did from a source like Vanity Fair you can't very well say there is 'no question'.

I guess you missed where I pointed out that the quotes were well documented in many other sources, easily verified. They were in all headlines from both sides of the aisle, as I helpfully pointed out. Again, there is no question whatsoever. You're trying to deny established fact again.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I guess you missed where I pointed out that the quotes were well documented in many other sources, easily verified. They were in all headlines from both sides of the aisle, as I helpfully pointed out. Again, there is no question whatsoever. You're trying to deny established fact again.
Your own credibility goes down by referring the article you did. So you pointing out to me the supposed truthfulness of your claim falls flat. Leading with a less obviously biased source might have been better for you.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟194,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your own credibility goes down by referring the article you did.

The article is factual, as I've pointed out. Your disliking the facts does not harm my credibility.

So you pointing out to me the supposed truthfulness of your claim falls flat. Leading with a less obviously biased source might have been better for you.

Denying the facts did not make them go away.

Upvote 0