• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Joe Biden’s Sermons

Discussion in 'General Political Discussion' started by Landon Caeli, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli ~□~

+3,184
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Is it just me, or does it seem like whenever Joe Biden gives a speech, it sounds like a sermon at Church..?

81VwjyqN+oL._AC_SY741_.jpg

...But the weird part, is that he didn't used to talk like that before he was president. o_O

Anyone else notice this? I wonder if he's trying to distance himself from the frankness of the previous administration, or if the party has advised him to talk a certain way. Or maybe his nomination has gotten to his head? IDK.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. pescador

pescador Newbie Supporter

+2,982
    Christian
    Married
    And of course that's not your imagination, right?

3. chevyontheriver

chevyontheriver Well-Known Member Supporter

+10,122
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Let Saint Joe be Saint Joe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+7,143
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Now, that would be good. We could pray for such.

5. chevyontheriver

+10,122
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    We would have to pray very very hard.

6. Halbhh

+7,143
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    With those banner headlines such as that one at National Catholic Register to pray for Biden, I think many will.

7. chevyontheriver

+10,122
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-American-Solidarity
    Catholics are supposed to pray for the president no matter who he is. I think some of those prayers were fruitful with president Trump, who never pretended to be an angel but once in a while did the work of one. I'm thinking of his work against abortion, now undone by the new guy, St. Joe.

8. Halbhh

+7,143
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Asylum-seeker killed in Tijuana was dismembered
    The body of an asylum-seeker from El Salvador forced to wait in Tijuana in the MPP program was discovered dismembered, prosecutors says.

and more such:

Mexican police charged in massacre of Guatemalan migrants near U.S. border

MEXICO CITY — Mexican police participated in a massacre last month that left 19 people dead, including at least 13 who appear to have been Guatemalan migrants on their way to the United States, a state prosecutor said late Tuesday.

The victims were killed Jan. 22 in Camargo, close to the Texas border.....
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...c22274-65c7-11eb-8468-21bc48f07fe5_story.html

[​IMG]

Trump's policy that Mexico should block refugees coming towards our border. The inevitable outcome of Trump's policy.

But now we have a restored part of "Love your neighbor" -- to care about the refugee seeking asylum here in the U.S. -- to let legitimate asylum seekers in after screening.

So, that particular evil done by Trump -- blocking all asylum seekers, 100% of them after April 2020 -- has been undone by Biden.

And a good put in the place where an evil was.

But don't put your faith in a mortal man, who will never save you from anything in the end.

At the best, from a mortal man, you will get some things good and some things bad. At the best. But indeed we should pray for Biden.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021