Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Need some opinions here. This situation is about Joe and Jane and of course that isn’t their real names. Joe had an affair about ten years ago. Joe and Jane split up for a while but finally reconciled and got back together. On the surface that sounds like a positive thing, but was it really.
Jane (being well over 50 now and has gone through menopause) want’s nothing to do with a sexual relationship with Joe, or anyone for that matter. Says she just has no interest in sex or intimacy with Joe. Well Joe still has fire in the kitchen even though there is snow on the roof.
It is my opinion Jane hasn’t truly forgiven Joe, and is withhold affection because of it. Now I’m very well aware of the fact that after women go through menopause there hormones go crazy. But talking to her I feel it is much deeper than that. I fear Joe is going to stray again out of frustration. Jane does have a biblical obligation to her husband, but if she can’t emotionally then there is a real problem.
So question is. What should Joe do? What should Jane do.
This isn’t a issue with just Joe and Jane. It is a common problem today. What is the best way to address it. I have my own ideas but I would like to hear from both men and women how they feel about such issues.

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear RBPerry

There are, 'specific forums' here, in CF
for discussions and debates upon such matters.....

Oh, I see you found them
Good!

While I, personally, would have no-qualms addressing the concerns of a genuine individual, [ or, couple ]
I find myself at a loss, as to 'how' I should address persons
whom beat up on a 'subject' [like a pina'ta]
and visit different forums with similar subject matter, as if conducting a 'survey' of sorts

I see your post here, and your 'past threads' elsewhere, as being
very reminiscent of, SPAM and, I must report this, as such [today]

davedajobauk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RBPerry

Christian Baby Boomer
Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2013
Northern California
✟86,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Dave, you must be kidding. I asked a question that you seem to have issue with, that happens to be your problem, not mine. It has nothing to do with spam, it is called looking for answers, if you don't have the answers, or opinions then don't respond.
This question fit into the over 50s club because it is an issue that is a problem in many marriages. Do you really know what spam is? It is also a question about morality and ethics so I also posted there, what is the problem with that. I don't mean to ruffle your feathers, but come on we are all adults and should be able to discuss sensitive issues not matter what side of the debate you may be on.

Upvote 0