Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
15th-century teenage war heroine may be an unlikely fashion muse, yet the French martyr Joan of Arc inspired the bob haircut that was trendy throughout the 20th century. Joan first decided to crop her hair and don men’s clothing to hide from danger during a journey to see Charles VII, the dauphin of France, believing she had received divine guidance that would help save France during the Hundred Years’ War against England. At just age 17, she helped lead her country to victory at the Siege of Orléans in 1429, for which she became famous. She is often depicted in knight’s armor with a cropped, pageboy-style hairdo in scenes from the battle.

Continued below.

Reactions: WarriorAngel

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh. And here all this time I thought it was Betty Boop.

Betty Boop.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
15th-century teenage war heroine may be an unlikely fashion muse, yet the French martyr Joan of Arc inspired the bob haircut that was trendy throughout the 20th century. Joan first decided to crop her hair and don men’s clothing to hide from danger during a journey to see Charles VII, the dauphin of France, believing she had received divine guidance that would help save France during the Hundred Years’ War against England. At just age 17, she helped lead her country to victory at the Siege of Orléans in 1429, for which she became famous. She is often depicted in knight’s armor with a cropped, pageboy-style hairdo in scenes from the battle.

Continued below.
My gram was a flapperesque. lol
Just medium length hair as she aged.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0