Tins the Chocoholic
Apr 4, 2004
Hugging a cat and eating chocolate
✟105,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Kitties are the best :) The people who don't like cats probably haven't met good kitties. They say cats can't be trained but that's not true. I raised mine from the day they were born (with the exception of one) and trained them using canned air and verbal cues. They're not stupid. I have some of the happiest kitties around. Also they do get to go outside and would never get declawed.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not saying there is anything bad about having any cats, there isn't, and having a cat or several, or a dog or several, or both, is a wonderful way to have a companionship possible that isn't known otherwise. It is also possible with a pig, which is an animal that proves much smarter, well beyond the debate among some whether cats or dogs are smarter, and will make such companionship possible, other animals, even fowls, will show affection that will prove surprising to those who hadn't thought it, and care for them. Any such animals could be given that chance.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Many people do raise animals for pets or companions and they find it very rewarding. While many of those are cats or dogs, there are those who care for pigs or sheep or other animals, and they bond with them and find it just as rewarding.

Upvote 0

Jimmy P

Love me or Hate me, You'll never forget me...
Apr 20, 2013
The Hearts of My Loved Ones
✟138,312.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
IrishCatJig.jpg

Reactions: gerbilwoman
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have heard of this antinatalist position before. Any can make their own choices, and choices involving their spouse when it's applicable. But there are such that push the position on others. While it seems times are growing more troubling, we can make choices for betterment, and with trusting God while we we act on such choices, we don't have reason left to say there shouldn't be choosing to have children. We can trust Yahweh God for providence and deliverance, while we should be living responsibly, that God may bless. There is possible betterment, but any of us should really work on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.