Jim Jordon angrily attacks Fauci

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
View attachment 297838

The thread is not about me - if the best you can do is address the poster and not the topic of the thread, I believe it demonstrated a vapid position. When you would like to address the topic of the thread, I will engage again. Thank you.

Then address my post. Was Jordan's question better suited for a doctor or a government leader?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then address my post. Was Jordan's question better suited for a doctor or a government leader?

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. So I gave you a 1,000 word answer to your assumption. I believe the guy shown endorsing and promoting is the appropriate person to ask. You might not agree and Shoeless Joe Jackson is dead, so he isn't saying.

At least you got what you needed -- Jim Jordan didn't.

Now you know what I need, you sir are amazing! Completely wrong, but amazing still.

However you are correct in at least half of your statement - Jim Jordan did in deed not get what he needed - an answer to the question.

Have a great day!

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. So I gave you a 1,000 word answer to your assumption. I believe the guy shown endorsing and promoting is the appropriate person to ask. You might not agree and Shoeless Joe Jackson is dead, so he isn't saying.

Why do you believe this?

Now you know what I need, you sir are amazing! Completely wrong, but amazing still.

It's hardly amazing -- its not even particularly difficult. All one has to do is pay attention to a given situation to determine what is needed.

Now, if I was trying to deduce what you wanted, then that would require some skill in mind reading... but seeing what is needed is often quite simple.

However you are correct in at least half of your statement - Jim Jordan did in deed not get what he needed - an answer to the question.

Jordan didn't need an answer from Dr. Fauci. As a member of the legislature of the United States of America, he has the power to draft legislation to "restore" every last liberty he claims America has lost... and he can do that at any time, regardless of anything Dr. Fauci says.

Explain, then, why Jordan allegedly needed Fauci to answer his political question?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why do you believe this?

I used common sense.

It's hardly amazing -- its not even particularly difficult. All one has to do is pay attention to a given situation to determine what is needed.

Too Bad Dr. Fauci didn't follow your sage advice, there would have been no confrontation if he did.

Now, if I was trying to deduce what you wanted, then that would require some skill in mind reading... but seeing what is needed is often quite simple.

At least you got what you needed -- Jim Jordan didn't.

We would disagree with this - I think you are assuming too much.

Jordan didn't need an answer from Dr. Fauci. As a member of the legislature of the United States of America, he has the power to draft legislation to "restore" every last liberty he claims America has lost... and he can do that at any time, regardless of anything Dr. Fauci says.

Was he there to draft legislation? Or was he part of an INQUIRY panel?

Can any Republican get ANYTHING passed in a Democratic dominated House and Senate?

How does this correlate with the issue we are speaking about. That of Dr. Fauci not answering a question.

Explain, then, why Jordan allegedly needed Fauci to answer his political question?

That would be the purpose of them both being there - Dr Fauci was there to answer questions from politicians. "Need" is your terminology.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I used common sense.

I suspect we have far different definitions of "common sense." Can you explain your answer in more detail?

Too Bad Dr. Fauci didn't follow your sage advice, there would have been no confrontation if he did.

Too bad for Jim Jordan, that is... he got the worst of it. Which, in my opinion, he brought upon himself, so don't expect me to weep for him anytime soon.

But also, IMO, Dr. Fauci did just fine as he did... as sage as my advice may be, the good doctor has far more experience dealing with the likes of Jordan and his ilk.

We would disagree with this - I think you are assuming too much.

Was he there to draft legislation? Or was he part of an INQUIRY panel?

Then he should get into the habit of making the proper INQUIRIES to the right people... as well as get into the habit of not going over his alloted time, so that the panel chair doesn't have to cut him off, and ESPECIALLY get into the habit of not wasting his allotted time to take swipes at other members of the panel, so that they don't tell him to shut his mouth, disciplining him like a child.

Can any Republican get ANYTHING passed in a Democratic dominated House and Senate?

Why you are asking me this question is a complete mystery, but, IMO, I would say not "any" Republican; they would have to be smarter, more diplomatic, and more composed than Rep. Jordan. If I were you, I would hope he isn't the face of the GOP going into the future.

(From what I've seen thus far, I think you're hosed)

How does this correlate with the issue we are speaking about. That of Dr. Fauci not answering a question.

I have no idea how weeping over the plight of the Congressional Republicans correlates with the topic. But I can only assume responsibility for my end of this discussion... not yours.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
What's interesting is that while Jordan rambles about "lost liberties," whatever that's supposed to mean, he's not using his common sense to get the answer he's asking for.

To wit:

1. Common sense dictates that if we lift all the COVID-related restrictions, some people are going to get sick, and some people are going to die. It's just a question of how many.

2. As a medical doctor, Dr. Fauci can't estimate how many people that will be if we do x, y, or z... there are simply too many variables to predict the future on such a scale.

3. What Rep. Jordan is actually asking is how many illnesses/deaths would be acceptable for a return to pre-COVID times.

4. Remembering that Fauci is a medical doctor, one who has taken the Hippocratic Oath and presumably believes in it, the only answer he could ethically give would be "zero."

5. Obviously such an answer is politically unreasonable, which makes the question of when will it be worth the risk/how many losses are "acceptable" a political one.

6. Leaders make these kind of decisions all the time -- for example, the decision to go to war, knowing that our soldiers will die in the process. How many lives are worth risking (and losing) for the objective? The experts can only tell you how many have been lost already... maybe they can estimate how many will be lost if it continues... but only a Leader can make the decision about whether the risk is worth the reward... and then they have to own that decision, right or wrong.

Is Jim Jordan ready to make a decision and own it? Is anyone in Congress?

Now that's a question worth asking.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When Jordan is listing all the restrictions from the last year, Fauci should just have answered, that all those restrictions were decided and enforced by politicians.
Yes, I do think Fauci could have handled the question better.
He could have clarified (for the public) that he only offers scientific advice as to the disease and that ultimately decisions on restrictions within society and the economy are upto the governing bodies who also should take input from more than just the pandemic scientists.

Jordon already knows this, but Fauci should be speaking to the public and not Jordon. Jordon is playing political games here, but many in the public don't know this stuff.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
He COuLD have said any of the excuses presented in this thread. However he did not. Nor did he answer the question though asked numerous times.
Overlords never answer the questions of peasants. They have no need to as they have no bearing on the plan at hand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps that answer would help determine the degree of legislation needed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,381.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Remind me again what you were expecting Jim Jordan to do?
Play the same games as Fauci, unless of course his motives were out of concern for fellow man and not someone's profit. Would he still qualify as a politician?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Play the same games as Fauci, unless of course his motives were out of concern for fellow man and not someone's profit. Would he still qualify as a politician?

And who is Jim Jordan playing games on behalf of?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.