Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
At exactly 8:00 PM EST early this night, I was playing with my dog and had a sudden urge to turn to the history channel. This is where I found out about Jim Jones. I wonder if the feeling was from God. Who knows. He was definitely a false prophet. If you didn't know about him, he deceived his followers to kill themselves for peace by drinking poison and if they didn't want to die, they were injected with poison. Very few lived. There was about 1,000 followers. I'm not going to let this get to me though. I forgive him for doing that. I just want to tell you guys, study the Bible and pray because there are a lot more false prophets to come.

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One more CLEAR example why we should always follow Christ and Christ only !! ALL men error and are unworthy of following to do so leads us not only to our errors but also put us hand in hand with anothers errors. FOLLOW CHRIST ONLY !!

Upvote 0

CCe

Veteran
Oct 7, 2005
✟17,991.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One more CLEAR example why we should always follow Christ and Christ only !! ALL men error and are unworthy of following to do so leads us not only to our errors but also put us hand in hand with anothers errors. FOLLOW CHRIST ONLY !!

I second that!

Upvote 0
S

SergeAStrom

At exactly 8:00 PM EST early this night, I was playing with my dog and had a sudden urge to turn to the history channel. This is where I found out about Jim Jones. I wonder if the feeling was from God. Who knows. He was definitely a false prophet. If you didn't know about him, he deceived his followers to kill themselves for peace by drinking poison and if they didn't want to die, they were injected with poison. Very few lived. There was about 1,000 followers. I'm not going to let this get to me though. I forgive him for doing that. I just want to tell you guys, study the Bible and pray because there are a lot more false prophets to come.
Yes Jones was amazing. Its a pity he thought he had to kill himself. I guess he did not want to work a nine to five. Jones is a really good example of what happens to people when they do not think for themselves. Ah well 800 Darwin Awards.

Upvote 0

FenderElctrc

JESUS IS AWESOME!!
Sep 20, 2006
Gotta keep it secret
Visit site
✟17,089.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gracebewithyou

May 19, 2006
Florida
✟7,937.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I hope the followers will realize that this is a cult fueled by the money it generates .The brainwashed victims can't seem to see it for what it truly is and some can easily be bought off to do just about anything ,Like the Clear Water Police what a crooked bunch of cops..:sigh:

Upvote 0

Leah

2 Corinthians 5:21
May 26, 2005
✟7,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

That's right! :thumbsup: :amen:

Upvote 0

day2day

~*~Desiring God~*~
Apr 15, 2005
USA
✟49,434.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I hope the followers will realize that this is a cult fueled by the money it generates .The brainwashed victims can't seem to see it for what it truly is and some can easily be bought off to do just about anything ,Like the Clear Water Police what a crooked bunch of cops..:sigh:
They really did a number on Tom Cruise. It's make wonder about Katie and little Suri safety.

Upvote 0

looksgood

Veteran
Sep 19, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟17,042.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if anyone watched the picket video but I truely felt sorry and yet hopeful for this one guy. He stood there in silance as he listened to his hope being trashed by the lies of it. It almost seemed as though his heart was being struck. I hope he comes to the knowledge of the truth.

It seemed to me he just wanted to find something good in the world and was fooled by a "antichrist" spirit. I hope he finds the goodness of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TrueHope

Senior Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
✟10,944.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Wow intense videos!

I remember, when I was about 19/20, I lived in Boston. I think it was Boylston Street or Newbury st that if I remember correctly, was a headquarters for these guys. I remember being harrassed daily to go check out videos, take pamphlets etc. I remember Ron L. Hubbard on the pamphlets...so I am 99% sure that it was Scientology.

I also remember, the story of how it began....and how many many people died due to the religious beliefs.

Sigh.....

Upvote 0