• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Jews

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by MorphRC, Nov 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonWorshipper

SonWorshipper Old Timer

+30
    Messianic
    Well at least it wasn't "Rabid" ;) I've seen that before too. :D

2. JeffreyLloyd

JeffreyLloyd Ave Maria, Gratia plena! Supporter

+1,045
    Catholic
    Married
    :)

3. Salsa_1960

Salsa_1960 Senior Member

+38
    Baptist
    Married

Well, I got a good 5 minute chuckle out of that one.
    ^_^

4. Benedicta00

Benedicta00 Well-Known Member

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    No one denied it, SW, we just do not agree with the way the poster on the other forum lacked charity.

If you want a direct answer, yes I believe that Catholicism is the fulfillment and completion of the Jewish faith. I do not believe messianic Judaism is, I believe it to be rather new. If I am offending you, I am sorry but there is nothing historically evident to make me think other wise.

5. geocajun

geocajun Priest of the holy smackrament

+1,610
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    as usual, I second what Michelle said :D

6. JeffreyLloyd

+1,045
    Catholic
    Married
    and I third :)

7. boughtwithaprice

boughtwithaprice Legend Supporter

+655
    Catholic
    Private
    I fourth :)

8. cleopa_of_emmaus

cleopa_of_emmaus FEAR PROFITS A MAN NOTHING

+35
    Married
    US-Republican
    I fifth.

~cleopa

9. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    Well thanks y’all.

"The stone the builder’s rejected has become the corner stone."

We are the chosen people of God who gets to preach Christ crucified to the world but if the Jews would have accepted Christ as God intended? Do you think we would have different practices or would the Jews have practiced in the same way we do now?

10. MariaRegina

MariaRegina Well-Known Member

+12,119
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I agree too! Great post, Michelle!

Lovingly yours in Christ,

Elizabeth

The messianic Jews in the Early Church were Catholics who were members of the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church. That included all of the Apostles!

11. MorphRC

MorphRC Active Member

+12
    Catholic
    And as more support for my Catholic Bro's and Sis' I agree..plus i get a blessing to :clap: ..lol

12. SonWorshipper

SonWorshipper Old Timer

+30
    Messianic
    Yes, you are all blessed for regocnizing me for the heretic I am :clap:

13. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    Well, don't you think the same about all of Christianity?

14. JeffreyLloyd

+1,045
    Catholic
    Married
    This is how I see things:

1. Jesus is born
    2. Jesus establishes His Church
    3. Jesus selects Peter as the head of his church
    4. Jesus dies on the cross
    5. Jesus defeats death
    6. Gentiles and Jews begin joining the church
    7. Once they join this new church, they become Christians

and this is the way it was for close to 1500 years (save our EO brothers).

That is why I agree when some ones "I believe that you cannot be more Jewish than to be Catholic" or I yell :amen: when Michelle says, "I believe that
    Catholicism is the fulfillment and completion of the Jewish faith"

Does this mean that I believe Messianic Jews are none Christian and bound for hell?? Not in anyway! If you accept the Nicene Creed then I am more then willing to call you my brother (or sister)!

We are just stating how we as Catholics clearly see it.

15. Benedicta00

+816
    Catholic
    Private
    And all I am saying is I can not find Messianic Jews through an historical trace. All I am saying is that early Christians were that, they were Christians who were made up of both Jewish converts and Gentiles who went out and converted the world. Israel was supposed to go out and convert the world but they rejected the Messiah.

There were no denominations, no Protestants, there were however, heretics but the “Christian Church” assembled to protect the truth that was given to us, handed down to us from the apostles. There was a schism between the east and the west but the Traditions of the apostles were never tossed out the window with that split.

In the 1500’s Luther began the reformation, he tossed the Traditions of the apostles out the window and now we have this great gulf in Christianity, a great division in Christ’s body. You can trace this through out history; I can not find Messianic’s appearance in history until the 1960’s.

I have no reason to think that Messianic Judaism is anything other than a new sect of Protestantism because they do baptize with water in the name of the Trinity, (I think at least) and they do profess that Jesus IS God, so I do not believe they are a separate religion with a Christian influence like JW’s are, I believe they are Christian but they seem to not like being called that for some reason.

16. jukesk9

jukesk9 Dixie Whistlin' Papist

+82
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Christ did not come to replace but rather fulfill the Law. Hence, Catholicism is the fulfillment of Judaism. **DISCLAIMER**That is my opinion and in no way, shape, or form is binding upon others. You are free to disagree.

17. geocajun

+1,610
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    :D hahahhah

18. geocajun

+1,610
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I think its because they are so much more "complex" than us Christians ;)

19. cleopa_of_emmaus

cleopa_of_emmaus FEAR PROFITS A MAN NOTHING

+35
    Married
    US-Republican
    Judaism is very complex, but I would say Messianic Judaism is not so much complex as it is confusing. I attended a Messianic Congregation for a while a few years back. There were more "Gentiles" than "Jews", and although I am no expert on Jewish law, they were far from practicing anything remotely equivalent, and this group was considered an "orthodox messianic congregation".

I was also attending a Reconstructionist synagogue at the time, and I thought it funny that the Messianics were scornful of the Reconstructionist Jews because they "changed the Torah" and didn't follow "Jewish law".

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

From what I have seen, the "Messianic Jewish" movement is basically a bunch of Gentile "Jewish wanna-be's" who are really nothing more than evangelicals in kippots and tallits who are attempting to lure unsuspecting Jews into their so-called "shuls". It borders on a mockery of Judaism.

In my opinion, it is disgraceful, and most Jews I have talked to certainly agree. Not to mention that many of these Messianic groups have their roots in the "British ~ Israel" movement, which is as far-fetched as you can get theologically.

~cleopa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.