(Jews) Why don't Jews believe that Jesus is the Messiah?

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bs"d

I surely know. His name is Y-H-W-H and the name of His son is ISRAEL.

"Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says Y-H-W-H: “Israel is My son, My firstborn. 23 So I say to you, let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn.”
Ex 4

https://tinyurl.com/ecc-12-13

Amen Israel was indeed YHWH first born according to the flesh...

But yehoshua was YHWH first born according to his spirit ....not by might not power but by his spirit. ...his only begotten son

Upvote 0

Eliyahu52

Jun 19, 2018
Judea
✟20,892.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Amen Israel was indeed YHWH first born according to the flesh...

But yehoshua was YHWH first born according to his spirit ....not by might not power but by his spirit. ...his only begotten son
Bs"d

How can he be His only begotten son when Israel is the first born son?

https://tinyurl.com/Zech-8-23

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bs"d

https://tinyurl.com/Zech-8-23

One is of the flesh one is of promise...

Like Isaac and Ishmael....

His son was created by his spirit ...

That which is flesh is flesh ...that which of the spirit is spirit ...

Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious as to how do Jews interprete these passages ...Isaiah 28:16 psalms 118:22 Isaiah 8:14...

What do these passages mean and how will they be fulfilled?

What does these passages mean?

Isaiah 28:16
Psalms 118:22
Isaiah 8:14

Upvote 0

Eliyahu52

Jun 19, 2018
Judea
✟20,892.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

dfw69

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bs"d

The cornerstone is Israel.

The cornerstone is Israel.

That speaks about the one and only true God Y-H-W-H who is one.

How do Christians interpret this: https://tinyurl.com/Zech-8-23

In the days of the millennium when Jesus is crowned king of the Jews and will reign in jerusalem.. Gentiles will want to meet him...and desire to learn and worship in his house he has built..

And he will teach the will of his father in heaven.....and his father will be with him as in the days of old...

Upvote 0

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The answer is what Paul said is that it has to be by faith....

in other words it is a choice to decide to follow Jesus as the Messiah or not to follow Him.......
You cant have 100% proof on this unless you were around 2000 years ago and saw Yahshua do miracles......

My reason for following Jesus is i believe He followed the one and only real proof of his messiah work.......

to fulfill the greatest commandment.....
To love God with all his heart
and to love his neighbor...that includes his enemies......

matthew 22:40
On this commandment rests all the law and the prophets....

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

Eliyahu52

Jun 19, 2018
Judea
✟20,892.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
The answer is what Paul said is that it has to be by faith....

Bs"d

Also accepting Mohammed as the prophet of God has to be by faith.

in other words it is a choice to decide to follow Jesus as the Messiah or not to follow Him.......

It's a choice to decide to follow Mohammed as the prophet of God or not to follow him...
My reason for following Jesus is i believe He followed the one and only real proof of his messiah work.......

The only way somebody can proof he is the messiah, is by fulfilling the messianic prophecies.
In that JC failed totally.

to fulfill the greatest commandment.....
To love God with all his heart
and to love his neighbor...that includes his enemies......

matthew 22:40
On this commandment rests all the law and the prophets....

Yes, but that doesn't mean that a person can discard all the other commandments.

https://tinyurl.com/Ec-12-13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Traveling teacher

May 2, 2017
Belton
✟31,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bs"d

Also accepting Mohammed as the prophet of God has to be by faith.

It's a choice to decide to follow Mohammed as the prophet of God or not to follow him...

The only way somebody can proof he is the messiah, is by fulfilling the messianic prophecies.
In that JC failed totally.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that a person can discard all the other commandments.

https://tinyurl.com/Ec-12-13
at least Jesus taught to love your enemies...unlike muhamed whos followers to this day use jihad to kill infidels.......

in the beginning of 2-300 years of Jesus followers followed his teachings to turn the other cheek......

wasnt always followed in the crusades.....
just shows not all people who call themselves christians
follow Christ......

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
at least Jesus taught to love your enemies...unlike muhamed whos followers to this day use jihad to kill infidels.......

in the beginning of 2-300 years of Jesus followers followed his teachings to turn the other cheek......

wasnt always followed in the crusades.....
just shows not all people who call themselves christians
follow Christ......

No True Scotsman...

Upvote 0

The Times

Feb 9, 2017
Australia
✟90,081.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

The reply Jesus gave to your question, is in like a question in reply, as follows.....

Since David called the Messiah 'my Lord,' how can the Messiah be his son?

Let me rephrase your question in the appropriate way....

Since God calls the Messiah his Son, how can Jacob/Israel be the first born?

Samuel prophesies about the Messiah to come.....
“ ‘The Lord declares to you that the Lord himself will establish a house for you: When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son.

The head of God's house is his firstborn.

Chronicles as second witness also reiterates the same prophetic message.....
“ ‘I declare to you that the Lord will build a house for you: When your days are over and you go to be with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, one of your own sons, and I will establish his kingdom. He is the one who will build a house for me, and I will establish his throne forever. I will be his father, and he will be my son. I will never take my love away from him, as I took it away from your predecessor. I will set him over my house and my kingdom forever; his throne will be established forever.’ ”

Who is the Messiah's predecessor as first born to the house of God?

The Man Jacob who was called Israel, right?

Well in chronicles your oracles state in the most explicit way known to Judaism, through chronicles of Israel and its kings and rulers.

God, through your oracles is dictating to you a commandment and it is that God's WILL is to take away his love of his firstborn Jacob/Israel and to place it on his Son the Messiah, the SEED OF PROMISE.

Ask me your question again please......

How can he be His only begotten son when Jacob/Israel is the first born son?

Because Jacob/Israel his first born, is no longer his born, because the Messiah has been declared God's first born forever.

Jesus Christ is the Messiah, from the lineage of David and is therefore the 1st born of God, making him Israel forever, by replacing Jacob, who was once called Israel, but no longer.

Do you really believe that God has allowed so many nations to be deceived to follow Jesus the Messiah?

Messianic prophecies are fulfilled in the personhood of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Evidence is that God has shown you and your fellows 2000 years of no house (no Temple).

So, please tell me if 2000 years of no house, is enough evidence for you and your fellows to believe what the entire nations of the world believe that Jesus is the Christ, who fulfilled all Jewish Messianic prophecies of building a house not made by human hands or human might.

At least, please do consult with your Tanak, rather than the 20 versions of 20 rabbis who claim a 2000 years of Israel with no house (no Temple), how could that even be possible? This is proof positive for you, like taking a blood test and learning to accept the truth in the matter, no matter how much it grieves you and others to admit it.

Zechariah your Jewish oracle states....
"This is the word of the LORD to Zerubbabel: 'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the LORD Almighty.The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this temple; his hands will also complete it."

Israel is the first born who is the one to prophetically build God's house and for 2000 years, according to you and your significant fellows, God has given you no house. Sorry but that is the truth in this matter.

I am a Ninvite and I inform you, that God has never been without a house and without a nation, in fact God highlighted to all that he will bring the Messiah, in the symbolic depiction of Jospeh, to cloth him with the multi coloured coat, pointing to ruling all nations with an iron rod.

Do you believe that the Messiah uses physical force to subjugate his subjects?

Absolutely not!

Jesus Christ for the last 2000 years and counting, has won the hearts and minds of all people's of all nation, symbolising Joseph's multicoloured coat, through his Cross.

Does this offend you, when historical truth points to Jesus Christ as the firstborn of God and the forever Israel of God?

What does that make me as a Ninvite?

Jonah, who is sent to the Jews without a house, for the better part of 2000 years.

Jesus said.....

The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now someone (The Messiah) greater than Jonah is here.

Why are we here, if I am not the Jonah to inform you that God replaced Jacob as the first born of God, because the Messiah was always destined to be the first born, that is in permanently ruling God's house. The House that has never ever been desolate for the last 2000 years.

Where have you and your fellows been hiding. Come out and join us, within God's house that Jesus has ruled and will rule forever.

I will put you and your significant fellows on top of my head, as the Semitic saying goes, so be our welcomed guests to carry the banner for the house of Israel. You are all invited to come and join us to make the highway of God with us, in the last hours of humanity.

In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. In that day Israel will be the third, along with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing on the earth. The Lord Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0