Jesus, YHVH the Son, is the Arch [highest] - Angel [messenger] of the LORD [Father]

Shiny Gospel Shoes

Nov 26, 2013
✟880.00
Faith
SDA
Charles Spurgeon (AD 9 June 1834 – AD 31 January 1892) was a British Particular Baptist preacher; known as the "Prince of Preachers"
Charles Spurgeon; Morning and Evening Daily Readings; page 556; Morning Devotion; October 3 on Hebrews 1:14
"Let the Lord Jesus Christ be for ever endeared to us, for through Him we are made to sit in heavenly places far above principalities and powers. He it is whose camp is round about them that fear Him; He is the true Michael whose foot is upon the dragon. All hail, Jesus! thou Angel of Jehovah’s presence, to Thee this family offers its morning vows." - October 3 : Spurgeon's Morning Devotional : HEARTLIGHT®
Charles Spurgeon; Morning and Evening Daily Readings; page673; Evening Devotion; November 30 on Revelaton 12:7
"Michael will always fight; his holy soul is vexed with sin, and will not endure it. Jesus will always be the dragon’s foe, and that not in a quiet sense, but actively, vigorously, with full determination to exterminate evil." - Spurgeon's Evening Devotional - November 30
Charles Spurgeon; THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB, THE CONQUERING WEAPON NO. 2043 DELIVERED ON LORD’S DAY; MORNING, SEPTEMBER 9, 1888, BY C. H. SPURGEON, AT THE METROPOLITAN TABERNACLE, NEWINGTON.
"By faith we rise into the conquering place this day. In the heavenlies we triumph, as also in every place. We rejoice in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Michael of the angels, the Redeemer of men. For by Him we see Satan cast out and all the powers of evil hurled from their places of power and eminence." - http://www.spurgeongems.org/vols34-36/chs2043.pdf
Charles Spurgeon; Spurgeon's Sermon on Angels; page 59, the Angelic Life on Earth (November 22, 1868)
"... Be it ours to imitate the angels in fighting a good fight while we are here. We read that Michael and his angels fought against the dragon and his angels, and the dragon was cast down. The fight is going on every day. Michael is the Lord Jesus, the only Archangel. We, like Him, and under Him, must stand as champions for the truth, never to surrender, but prepared to suffer, even to blood, striving against sin. ...” -
Spurgeon's Sermons on Angels - Charles Haddon Spurgeon - Google Books
Charles Spurgeon; Sermon: Glorious Predestination; A Sermon (No. 1043); Delivered on Lord's Day Morning, March 24th, 1872, At the Metropolitan Tabernacle, Newington
“... Then, consider our Lord's experience with regard to the prince of the power of the air. Satan was no friend to Christ, but finding him in the desert he came to him with this accursed "if"—"If thou be the Son of God." With that attack upon his Sonship the fiend commenced the battle. "If thou be the Son of God." You know how thrice he assailed him with those temptations which are most likely to be attractive to poor humanity, but Jesus overcame them all. The arch enemy, the old dragon, was always nibbling at the heel of our great Michael, who has for ever crushed his head. We are predestinated to be conformed to Christ in that respect; the serpent's subtlety and cruelty will assail us also. A tempted head involves tempted members. Satan desires to have us and to sift us as wheat. He attacked the Shepherd, and he will never cease to worry the sheep. Inasmuch as we are of the seed of the woman, there must be enmity between us and the seed of the serpent.

And, as to all evil, our Lord's entire life was one perpetual battle. He was fighting evil in the high places and evil in the low ...” -

Glorious Predestination
Charles Spurgeon; Sermon: Not Now, But Hereafter!; A Sermon (No. 410); Delivered on Sunday Morning, September the 22nd, 1861 by the Rev. C. H. SPURGEON, At the Metropolitan Tabernacle, Newington
“... It was a fable of the old Jewish rabbis, that when the angel Gabriel flew he used both wings, because he always came with good tidings; but that when Michael flew, bearing God's sword to smite through the loins of king", he always flew with one wing. But Michael arrives as surely at his destined goal as Gabriel himself. The feet of the avenging deities may seem to be shod with lead for tardiness, and their tread may be as noiseless as wool, but they are as sure as the feet of mercy. I know, when God comes to bless, the axles of his chariot are hot with speed, and his steeds are white with foam, and when he comes to curse he travels slowly, with many a sigh, for he willeth not the death of any, but had rather "that he should turn unto him and live;" but remember, in judgment he comes in all his might, and he shall be discovered to be not less a God when he smiteth than when he giveth the kisses of his lips, and lifts the pardoned sinner into acceptance and favor. ...” -

Not Now, But Hereafter!

C. S. Spurgeon; Joshua’s Vision; February 16, 1868
"... A good and sufficient reason indeed, for till the captain has come on board, it is idle for the vessel to put out to sea. So here Israel had been circumcised, and the blessed feast of the paschal lamb had been celebrated, but still they must not go to the conflict until the captain himself had arrived; and here, to Joshua’s joy, the angel of the presence of the Most High appeared to claim the presidency of the war, and lead forth the hosts of God to certain victory. ...

... I. I shall ask your earnest attention, this morning, to two or three brief rules for our present solemn engagements. First, REALIZE THE FACT OF THE DIVINE PRESENCE.

Jesus Himself comes to this holy war. Joshua saw a man clad in armor, equipped for war. Cannot the eyes of your faith see the same? There He stands, Jesus, God over all, blessed forever, yet a man. Most Surely God, but with equal certainty bone of our bone, and flesh of our flesh. He is in the midst of His church; He walketh amongst the golden candlesticks. His promise is, “Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” I do not wish to talk, but I desire rather that you should exercise your own minds, your faith, your spiritual powers, and vividly believe that Jesus is here; so believe it, that your inner eye beholds what you believe. The Son of Man is here, as surely here as He was with the disciples at the lake, when they saw coals of fire, and fish laid thereon, and bread; He is here to talk with us by His Spirit, as He did to Peter and to the rest of the disciples on that memorable day. Not carnally, but still in real truth, Jesus is where His people meet together. Joshua saw Him with His sword in His hand. O that Christ might come in our midst with the sword of the Spirit in His hand; come to effect deeds of love but yet deeds of power; come with His two-edged sword to smite our sins, to cut to the heart His adversaries, to slay their unbelief, to lay their iniquities dead before Him. The sword is drawn, not scabbarded, as alas! it has been so long in many churches, but made bare for present active use. It is in His Hand, not in the minister's hand, not even in an angel's hand, but the sword drawn is in His hand. Oh, what power there is in the gospel when Jesus holds the hilt, and what gashes it makes into hearts that were hard as adamant, when Jesus cuts right and left at the hearts and consciences of men! Brethren, seek this presence, and seeking it, believe it; and when you hear the gospel preached, or when you meet together for prayer, think you see in the center of the assembly the Champion of Israel, with uplifted sword, prepared to do great exploits, as in days of old. ...

... II. In the second place, UNDERSTAND THE LORD'S POSITION IN THE MIDST OF HIS PEOPLE. “As captain of the host of the Lord am I now come.”

What a relief this must have been for Joshua. Perhaps he thought himself the captain; but now the responsibility was taken from him; he was to be the lieutenant, but the King Himself would marshal His hosts. I feel it no small relief to my own mind to feel that though I have been at your head these 14 years, leading you on in God's name to Christian service, yet I am not your captain, but there is a greater one, the presence angel of the Most High, the Lord Jesus--He is in our midst as Commander-in-chief. Though my responsibilities are heavy, yet the leadership is not with me. He is a leader and commander for the people. Brethren, wherever Christ is, we must recollect that He is Commander-in-chief to us all. We must never tolerate in the church any great man to domineer over us; we must have no one to be Lord and Master save Jesus. Christ is the Field Marshall, the Captain of our salvation; and if you are a member of the church of God, you must own this, not as a general fact only, but as a fact particularly in your case. Christ is your Master. ...

... III. Thirdly, and very briefly. Our third rule is WORSHIP HIM WHO IS PRESENT WITH US.

Joshua, it is said, fell on his face to the earth. Worship is the highest elevation of the spirit, and yet the lowliest prostration of the soul. ...

... Worship the Son of God! Then, when you have so done, give up yourself to His command: say to him, “What saith my Lord unto his servant?” I wish you could spend this afternoon, those of you who are not actively engaged, in trying to get an answer to this question: “What saith my Lord unto his servant? What is there for me to learn, for me to feel, for me to do? And as I would help my brethren during this month, Lord, what part of the work am I to take?” When you have done this, dear friends, I want you to imitate Joshua in the third things, namely, put off your shoes from off your feet. ...

... After the rams' horns came the ark, which the priests carried round and round the city. That ark was the type of Christ. ..." - JOSHUA’S VISION

Upvote 0

Shiny Gospel Shoes

Nov 26, 2013
✟880.00
Faith
SDA
[FONT=&quot]Matthew Henry[/FONT] (AD 18 October 1662 – AD 22 June 1714) was a Welsh, Presbyterian, & Non-Conformist minister.
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary; Daniel 12:1
"Daniel 12:1 Vs. 1-4: Michael signifies, "Who is like God," and his name, with the title of "the great Prince," points out the Divine Savior. Christ stood for the children of our people in their stead as a sacrifice, bore the curse for them, to bear it from them. He stands for them in pleading for them at the throne of grace. And after the destruction of antichrist, the Lord Jesus shall stand at the latter day upon the earth; and He shall appear for the complete redemption of all his people." - Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary on the Bible - Daniel 12
[FONT=&quot]Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary; Daniel 12:7[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Michael and his angels fight against the devil and his angels, who are defeated. (7-12). . . .Revelation 12:7 Vs. 7-11: The attempts of the dragon proved unsuccessful against the church, and fatal to his own interests. The seat of this war was in heaven; in the church of Christ, the kingdom of heaven on earth. The parties were Christ, the great Angel of the covenant, and his faithful followers; and Satan and his instruments." - [/FONT]Revelation 12 Matthew Henry's Commentary
Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary; Daniel 12:1-4
[FONT=&quot]"I. Jesus Christ shall appear his church's patron and protector: At that time, when the persecution is at the hottest, Michael shall stand up, v. 1. The angel had told Daniel what a firm friend Michael was to the church, ch. 10:21. He all along showed this friendship in the upper world; the angels knew it; but now Michael shall stand up in his providence, and work deliverance for the Jews, when he sees that their power is gone, Deu. 32:3. 6. Christ is that great prince, for he is the prince of the kings of the earth, Revelation 1:5. And, if he stand up for his church, who can be against it? But this is not all: At that time (that is, soon after) Michael shall stand up for the working out of our eternal salvation; the Son of God shall be incarnate, shall be manifested to destroy the works of the devil. Christ stood for the children of our people when he was made sin and a curse for them, stood in their stead as a sacrifice, bore the cure for them, to bear it from them. He stands for them in the intercession he ever lives to make within the veil, stands up for them, and stands their friend. And after the destruction of antichrist, of whom Antiochus was a type, Christ shall stand at the latter day upon the earth, shall appear for the complete redemption of all his." - [/FONT]Matthew Henry's Complete Commentary on the Bible - Daniel 12

Upvote 0