Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And under the banner of "some SDA" you can find a lot if individual ideas -- some Baptist was Jim Jones. That does not mean that everything Jones taught is believed by all Baptists - it was just "some baptists".

Uriah Smith and James White - from the Church of the Brethren were among many SDAs in 1860's that thought the SDA church should not have a set of defined doctrines that all SDAs would need to sign up for because to them it was too much like a "creed" that some might use instead of relying on the Bible to determine true doctrine.

They were in fact, Pastors of the Christian Connextion movement.
Was that from the cult known as the church of the brethren?

I came to believe in the trinity even before I knew there was a creed with it in it. As a free methodist, they emphasized holiness.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
They were in fact, Pastors of the Christian Connextion movement.
Was that from the cult known as the church of the brethren?

I came to believe in the trinity even before I knew there was a creed with it in it. As a free methodist, they emphasized holiness.

United Methodists were always Trinitarian as far as I know - Ellen White (Ellen Harmon) was raised as a United Methodist and was trinitarian all of her life.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
United Methodists were always Trinitarian as far as I know - Ellen White (Ellen Harmon) was raised as a United Methodist and was trinitarian all of her life.

As I remember it was around 1968 that the UMC came into existence.

Upvote 0