Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is true. It's one of the flaws of the English language, rather than saying that God is biologically male.

Exactly. We don't have a suitable pronoun for referring to God, so we are forced to use the best one that we do have. That's the male one. All of the others are of lesser honor and cannot be used.

Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Amazing Grace, How Sweet You Are Lord Jesus!
Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Mark 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mark 16: 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

This refers to Christians not testing prophets.

Upvote 0

Cromulent

Sep 1, 2011
The Midlands
✟1,763.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Mark 16: 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”

This refers to Christians not testing prophets.

It also refers to there being evidence for their being prophets though. Which we should see before we're expected to believe in them.

Upvote 0

Woden84

Darth
Jun 21, 2010
The South....help!
✟7,755.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I doubt I will answer you any more. You're insisting on being rude even though I told you it offended me. I don't like talking to someone I find offensive.

I believe I already have the answer, but you forget that the Lord told me not to cast my pearls before swine. And He has not told me to answer you.

Don't you just love when Christians take offence at the tiniest little thing, decry being rude, and then turn right around and fling an actual insult right back at you?

And yes "it" is the grammatically correct pronoun for something of indeterminate sex:

1. : that one —used as subject or direct object or indirect object of a verb or object of a preposition usually in reference to a lifeless thing <took a quick look at the house and noticed it was very old>, a plant <there is a rosebush near the fence and it is now blooming>, a person or animal whose sex is unknown or disregarded <don't know who it is>, a group of individuals or things, or an abstract entity <beauty is everywhere and it is a source of joy> — compare he, its, she, they

Unless of course you think your god is :

1 b : an individual that produces small usually motile gametes (as spermatozoa or spermatozoids) which fertilize the eggs of a female
: a staminate plant

And I'm pretty sure no Christian thinks their god is a biological being that produces gametes or a staminate plant.

But don't let that stop you from following in the footsteps of a patriarchal society that built a patriarchal religion. Of course men are superior to everything else, so referring to god as anything but is a huge insult. :sick:

(definitions from webster.com)

Upvote 0