Jesus' Tomb is in Japan

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And why not? Don't the Mormons believe Jesus went backpacking in South America, or something like that? So why can't the Japanese have Jesus' tomb over in Japan?

After all, what's the harm of one fairy tale based on another fairy tale? Just because you've been taught the fairy tale in a certain way, it doesn't make it any more true than the other versions of the same fairy tale that are out there.:cool:

Miami,

Have you ever read through the Bible, not with the skeptics mind looking for inconsistencies, but sincerely reading the Bible in a search for truth?

Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Amazing Grace, How Sweet You Are Lord Jesus!
Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I did once. It made me an atheist.

I'm so sorry for you in believing there is no God.

I can't imagine my life without knowing Him. He is so incredibly great.

I can't imagine...

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
I'm so sorry for you in believing there is no God.

I can't imagine my life without knowing Him. He is so incredibly great.

I can't imagine...

It was a lot easier for me to let go. I was taught that God sent people who did not believe in him to a place of eternal torture, and somehow letting go of a sadist like that is easier than that of an all loving father figure that most Christians I encounter seem to believe in.

Upvote 0

yasic

Part time poster, Full time lurker
Sep 9, 2005
✟14,558.00
Faith
Atheist
Outside of church related activities, very little changes.

Speak for yourself, I got to to develop my own moral system that I still abide by today (and which changes on a yearly basis as well). It really did change so much about the very way I live my life.

Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Speak for yourself, I got to to develop my own moral system that I still abide by today (and which changes on a yearly basis as well). It really did change so much about the very way I live my life.

I was speaking for myself.

I am oh so happy for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1Prophetess

Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
It was a lot easier for me to let go. I was taught that God sent people who did not believe in him to a place of eternal torture, and somehow letting go of a sadist like that is easier than that of an all loving father figure that most Christians I encounter seem to believe in.

Hmmm, I guess my thought would be:

If you're right and I'm wrong, I've lived a good life.

If I'm right and you're wrong, ....

Hell, OH!

Upvote 0

Exiledoomsayer

Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this
Jan 7, 2010
✟17,737.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm, I guess my thought would be:

If you're right and I'm wrong, I've lived a good life.

If I'm right and you're wrong, ....

Hell, OH!
I guess my thought would be:
If the muslims are right... Hell, Oh!
Considering the billions upon billions of possible gods why think you just happend to pick the right one?

Perhaps the right god is is one that setup this life not as a test to see who can have blind faith, but a test to see who can follow the evidence. The end result being every believer is send to hell and only those that remained unconvinced are taken to heaven.

(Mind, that would still make that god a monster just as every god with a hell. But thats another subject.)

Edit:
I just want to clarify that I did not mean this as anything more then trying to explain why I find that style of thinking unfit as a reason for belief or to defend belief in anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Glass*Soul

Senior Veteran
May 14, 2005
✟31,902.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't understand this.

Does this mean that church is all religious practices and pointless?

Yes, essentially.

Frankly, I think the reply quoted in the OP was mean. That said, I don't find the experience of rubbing elbows with Christians any less mean on the whole. Regardless of whatever cognitive ruminations Christians have made over their supernatural claims they aren't better people. However, I do find them expressing the idea that some sort of righteous superiority has been imputed to them. That is potentially harmful to someone like me who is not part of the tribe. So, the OP is mean, but hanging around with Christians will earn you exposure to their particular brand of meanness, which is just as bad.

Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I guess my thought would be:
If the muslims are right... Hell, Oh!
Considering the billions upon billions of possible gods why think you just happend to pick the right one?

Perhaps the right god is is one that setup this life not as a test to see who can have blind faith, but a test to see who can follow the evidence. The end result being every believer is send to hell and only those that remained unconvinced are taken to heaven.

(Mind, that would still make that god a monster just as every god with a hell. But thats another subject.)

Edit:
I just want to clarify that I did not mean this as anything more then trying to explain why I find that style of thinking unfit as a reason for belief or to defend belief in anything.

Your viewpoint woudl work if I didn't have a working relationship with the Lord. Since I do, and He answers me, and He does miracles for my proof that He is real, I guess I'll just have to trust that He is a miracle working God, and that He can and will save me when the time comes like He says He will.

However, just to make a comment on your comment about "blind faith," I do think that God set things up so it would be easy knowing how limited you/we are as humans. He set things up so it wouldn't take much so we could make it. If it was hard, who would make it?

Upvote 0