✟18,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus found me.

In reality, he did so long ago and He's Just woken me up to it. In short, I was a hard core addict one year ago. I was alone with my addiction. My family is not religious at all though I see some of them coming around to it mostly in appreciation of my heling.

I paid money for rehab and visited 12 steps programs for a long time. I kept telling myself "I'll quit one day". Furthermore I loathed myself, was hopless and unrealistic about the future and ashamed at my past.

One day without outside influence I felt compelled to start reading the book of Joshua (A strange place to start the bible in hindsight.) In context, I had very little spiritual background and no church visit since early childhood

What stood out to me in my reading was how the faith God's annointed possessed actually worked to help the entire nation of God. The Truth this brought to life in me was this: A power like faith isn't intended for a man to bottle up inside and purify himself, but a force from God intended to fill an open heart and pour out onto the earth around him.

On the reccommendation of a friend I found a Bible study group at a local church. When I started studying and praying with other Christians, my desire to be intoxicated left. Literally left without a trace. Gone. Im now about 30 days after my baptizm and my old negative thoughts are filtering out. Each time I study the word, praise and Pray I grow stronger.

Thank all who enjoy giving glory to the name of Jesus. It's through you that he found. me.

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Congratulations on your sobriety and baptism. It really is mind-blowing how Lord Jesus Christ heals us and how we become such a new creature in him, so utterly transformed. Enjoy your new life, living in the light! May God bless you and the Holy Spirit always be with you.

Upvote 0