✟11,873.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus, Peter & The Keys
A Scriptural Handbook on the Papacy

Scott Butler, Norman Dahlgren, Rev. Mr. David Hess

I just picked this book up a couple of days ago, and it is a wealth of information!!!
Here are some reviews from the back cover:

"The amount of useful and pertinent data in this vertable compendium is simply staggering.Whoever ignores it consigns his own work to irrelevance."
Scott Hahn, Ph.D., Theology Department, Franciscan University of Steubenville

"NO longer may Protestants exclaim "Sola Scriptura" to rebuke Roman Catholic Papal dogma... This work demands serious attention by all students of Scripture and theology."
Rev. S.D. deHart, Adjunct Professor of Theology, St. Leo College

"Jesus, Peter, and the keys raises issues that no serious student of the Bible can blithely ignore. The time has come for Protestants to set aside their aversions to Roman Catholicism which color their interpretation of the New Testament and let the test speak for itself."
James B. Shelton, Ph.D., Associate Professor
Oral Roberts University, School of Theology and Mission

"Bible verses suddenly leap to life with hitherto unimagined significance, and the once confusing jigsaw puzzle of early Church history come together inot a picture of disarming clarity. Jesus, Peter, and the keys serves up an avalanche of incontrovertible evedence, more overwhelming than any single arguement-much of it, remarkably, culled from Protestant sources. The book is a bombshell."
Phillip Blosser, Ph.D., Professor of Philosophy, Associate Director Center for Theology, Lenoir-Rhyne College (Lutheran-ELCA)

"While still an evangelical Protestant, I was dismayed to find that the Catholic Church could consistently serve up a devastating "one-two punch" of Biblical and patristic evidence in support of her doctrines. In this study, Butler, Dahlgren, and Hess have shown definitively that the papacy is no exception."
David Pam, Trinity Theological Seminary(Baptist) Graduate

when I finish the book, I'd like to write more of my thoughts....has anyone else here read it yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.