New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Was Job sinning when he cried out to God? In pouring out his grief and all that was in his heart, in all of his confusion and utter grief, was he sinning?

Was Job so desperate to "find" God, Who appeared to have "deserted" Him, that he cried out all of his angst, not holding anything back?

Was this, in a sense, "wrestling" with God?

If so, is it a sin to "wrestle" with God and/or "question" Him?

Thank you kindly.

There are different motives and ways for "questioning" God.

It is one thing when one ask God a question and the motive is to understand.

It is another thing altogether when one questions God's judgment condemning God to prove themselves right.

God said that Job "discredit my justice and condemn me so you can say you are right"

Job 40:8
Are you going to discredit my justice and condemn me so you can say you are right? NLT

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Originally Posted by brinny View Post
Was Job sinning when he cried out to God? In pouring out his grief and all that was in his heart, in all of his confusion and utter grief, was he sinning?

Was Job so desperate to "find" God, Who appeared to have "deserted" Him, that he cried out all of his angst, not holding anything back?

Was this, in a sense, "wrestling" with God?

If so, is it a sin to "wrestle" with God and/or "question" Him?

Thank you kindly.

There are different motives and ways for "questioning" God.

It is one thing when one ask God a question and the motive is to understand.

It is another thing altogether when one questions God's judgment condemning God to prove themselves right.

God said that Job "discredit my justice and condemn me so you can say you are right"

Job 40:8
Are you going to discredit my justice and condemn me so you can say you are right? NLT

Was there something deeper going on here, that was in sync with what took place at the beginning of the book of Job?

Did Job ever stop being God's servant? Did he ever turn his back on God? Did he curse God? Hate God?

What verses indicate Job's heart for God? Did his heart for God change? During any of this did he hate or despise God?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Was there something deeper going on here, that was in sync with what took place at the beginning of the book of Job?

Did Job ever stop being God's servant? Did he ever turn his back on God? Did he curse God? Hate God?

What verses indicate Job's heart for God? Did his heart for God change? During any of this did he hate or despise God?

Thank you kindly.

Job neither hated God, nor turned his back on God.

Even though Job was condemning God to prove himself right.

Job remained "trusting" God, even if God killed him.

Job 13:15
Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. KJV

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.