New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even though the old song talks about the "mountain" that God gave to climb.

Scripture does not tell us to climb mountains to overcome the things in our life that should not be there.

Jesus said to speak to the mountain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The old song lyrics display the idea that most have.

That idea being that all the trials of life are God given and are to be considered hills, and/or mountains to climb.

Am Born in the heat of the desert, My mother died givin' me life;

Am Deprived of the love a Father, Blamed for the loss of his wife.

Am You know, Lord, I've been in a prison, For something that I've never done; It's been one hill after another, But I've climbed them all one by one.

But this time, Lord, You gave me a Mountain, A Mountain I may never climb; And it isn't a hill any longer, You gave me a Mountain this time.

My Woman got tired of the hardships, Tired of the grief and the strife; So tired of workin' for nothin', Tired of bein' my wife, She took my one ray of sun-shine, She took my pride and my joy; She took my reason for living, She took my small baby boy.

So this time, Lord, you gave me a Mountain, A Mountain I may never climb; And it isn't a hill any longer, You gave me a Mountain this time.

Unscriptural, unbelieving, as a lot of songs sung in church.

Jesus said to speak to the mountains in our life and if we believed and did not doubt we would have what we say.

That means the mountain would go away.

Most speak and believe the opposite without realizing what they are doing and the hills grow into mountains and the mountains remain formidable and do not go away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
I have heard interpretation of the passage of that scripture where the mountain was representive of the religious governing system of that time and when Jesus said if you speak to this mountain and tell it to be thrown into the sea it will be that it was that that He was referring to.. ie a corrupt authority.

Regardless of that, in the sense that I think you may interpreting that passage of scripture you can try and get rid of the 'mountains' in your life if you like. No one is stopping you.

My personal approach is to ask God to remove them.. if He doesnt He knows I've asked and I choose to believe His grace is sufficient to see me through.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My personal approach is to ask God to remove them.. if He doesnt He knows I've asked and I choose to believe His grace is sufficient to see me through.

What scripture do you base that "belief" on.

Nowhere in Scripture does God tell us to ask Him to remove things in our life that should not be there.

There is scripture where we are told to do it and how to do it.

His grace is more than sufficient. His grace given unto us to remove them with is the Name of Jesus and His Word. :)

Upvote 0

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith

Nowhere in Scripture does God tell us to ask Him to remove things in our life that should not be there.

His grace is more than sufficient. His grace given unto us to remove them with is the Name of Jesus and His Word. :)

Like Paul's thorn :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian

This one...

2 Corinthians 12:8-10

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
super-christian-GoodSalt-lwjas05342.jpg

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This one...

Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Read these parts of the verse and meditate on them.

Christ power........may rest IN ME.

When one depends on Christ power and not their own sufficiency then they can be strong.

That is true with us to in our own weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.

When we understand what Christ power is and how to use like Paul did we are also strong and overcome them as paul did.:)

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read these parts of the verse and meditate on them.

Christ power........may rest IN ME.

When one depends on Christ power and not their own sufficiency then they can be strong.

That is true with us to in our own weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.

When we understand what Christ power is and how to use like Paul did we are also strong and overcome them as paul did.:)

ON me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

franky67

Senior Veteran
Jul 22, 2005
✟21,351.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Originally Posted by Optimax

by found in grace
This one...

But this is what Paul did, can you find a scripture where Jesus instructed His apostles to ask God to remove a mountain, (a problem)

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone have a specific instance in scripture where one of the apostles spoke to their "mountain" and moved it?

Paul used the law of faith(faith principle) that Jesus taught. He lived by it(by faith).

In this scripture he said he did.

2 Cor 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; KJV

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think there will be 'mountains' that we will be able to speak to and 'remove' from our lives with God's help, but there will also be mountains that we will need to climb to overcome. Both situations require faith and trust in God's faithfulness.

The difference in deciding to speak to a "mountain" or climb it is this.

We have scripture where Jesus instructed us to speak to the mountain. He also told us the procedure for speaking to it.

We have no scripture that instructs us to climb the mountain, much less a procedure for climbing it. :)

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
The difference in deciding to speak to a "mountain" or climb it is this.

We have scripture where Jesus instructed us to speak to the mountain. He also told us the procedure for speaking to it.

We have no scripture that instructs us to climb the mountain, much less a procedure for climbing it. :)

it still depends on how that passage of scripture is interpreted though.. as I mentioned earlier in the thread there are other interpretations out there for what Jesus may have been saying that are different from the way you are interpreting that scripture.

so if it is interpreted differently from your way of seeing it we actually dont have a scripture that instructs us to speak to the mountain.

as for procedure for climbing a mountain.. how about one step at a time ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.